IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

I don’t think any are to be honest. As fans we all want the best for our club.

I clapped Lukaku for the goals he scored, nothing to do with him wanting out and making demands. For that he received my criticism.

I have paid to watch us while we are at the top, and I’m paying to watch us while we’re at the bottom. Because I am a massive Everton fan. 

I don’t support Bill, as I didn’t support any other chairman before. It’s always been the club for me. If we get relegated…. I’ll be supporting a championship team. If we get relegated again…. I’ll be supporting a league one team. 

I’ll continue supporting the club I love till the day I die I guess. 

Starting with the resurgence this afternoon….. COYBs!!!!! Let the climb begin!!!

👍 I new we could rely on you for some positivity mate👊

14 hours ago, Wall Writer said:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/sep/26/everton-fc-owner-alisher-usmanov-farhad-moshiri

One of the reasons Moshiri wants out has to be because he’s been cut off from Uncle Alisher.

I think we've known this for a good few years now.

Nobody should be surprised by any media outlets witting this stuff.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I can’t see 777 getting league approval, some will be happy with that decision of course and I would like to see a better buyer given the opportunity. Yet I feel if the 777 deal doesn’t go through we are doomed anyway, our owner on paper has said no more money will be coming from him, and Usmanov the true owner if truth be known wants his money back, plenty of dark days ahead for Evertonian’s to come worrying about what the future will bring. 

It’s a done deal already mate. Just going through the motions now. 
They have already said the finances are in order.

That article above is another no news. Happens all the time on football when a team misses a payment. They know it doesn’t make any difference during a period of no transfers.

3 minutes ago, Shukes said:

That article above is another no news. Happens all the time on football when a team misses a payment. They know it doesn’t make any difference during a period of no transfers.

I don't think it is. The only way they get through this is with fan engagement else their investment ends up bankrupting them. I think there's a lot more to be done before it's a done deal. 

Just now, Matt said:

I don't think it is. The only way they get through this is with fan engagement else their investment ends up bankrupting them. I think there's a lot more to be done before it's a done deal. 

You may be right mate. 
I do t know anymore than anyone else, just feel that if it’s for this far it has already been through due diligence. 

But again, it’s Everton.

Just now, Shukes said:

You may be right mate. 
I do t know anymore than anyone else, just feel that if it’s for this far it has already been through due diligence. 

But again, it’s Everton.

Moshiri, for all his generosity, is fucking clueless when it comes to the football business side. His due diligence, by extension, is meaningless. 

We're reliant on the league saving us from this, the same league that held our hand on transfers then put us up for an audit. 

There needs to be another investor in the wings. 

Just now, Bailey said:

I would be amazed if they didn't get approval.

The league don't give a shit about their past history with other clubs. In fact, I imagine they will see that experience as a positive.

Which part? The not paying wages, the lumping debts on clubs? You're probably right :lol:

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Moshiri, for all his generosity, is fucking clueless when it comes to the football business side. His due diligence, by extension, is meaningless. 

We're reliant on the league saving us from this, the same league that held our hand on transfers then put us up for an audit. 

There needs to be another investor in the wings. 

He is a good businessman though. May not k ow much about football, but he has been an astute businessman. 

For him to agree to sell a club without even checking they have the money to buy it would be beyond ridiculous. 
It’s the basic rule when making large sales. Unless he is totally useless and has been carried all these years by big U! But then that would also show what a complete Buffon Usmanov is as well. 

Were doomed!

COYBs!

Most the clubs they own were in much worse state when they took over. They have stabilised clubs. 
Even the article above is saying that the debts are from the previous owners and deals that had been struck that hadn’t come into fruition. 

When I read about them, they don’t seem anywhere near as bad as the press want them to be. Not great by any means…. But hardly the company they have been made out to be.

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

He is a good businessman though. May not k ow much about football, but he has been an astute businessman. 

For him to agree to sell a club without even checking they have the money to buy it would be beyond ridiculous. 
It’s the basic rule when making large sales. Unless he is totally useless and has been carried all these years by big U! But then that would also show what a complete Buffon Usmanov is as well. 

Were doomed!

COYBs!

He is in the construction business, he knows that world. Business isn't always conducted the same company to company, let alone industry to industry. He's shown time and time again he has no idea how this footballing world works, why would he suddenly be good when he's selling a rotten product?

18 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Well I haven’t seen anything that the deal has been approved by the league, can you show me where you saw it please mate. 

Just now, Matt said:

He is in the construction business, he knows that world. Business isn't always conducted the same company to company, let alone industry to industry. He's shown time and time again he has no idea how this footballing world works, why would he suddenly be good when he's selling a rotten product?

Because checking someone’s bank statement is the same in any sector mate. 
I would be more than surprised if he didn’t think you needed to check that when making a multi million sale. 

Selling a mountain bike for £50 maybe, but not a premier league football club. You got the cash mate? Ye honestly I’ll bring it with me…. Sound, clubs yours. 
Hi mate, that cheque you wrote seems to have bounced, could you resend it please mate….. must be your bank account, cheques fine!

Actually now I wrote that…. I think that’s pretty much how Everton work.

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

Well I haven’t seen anything that the deal has been approved by the league, can you show me where you saw it please mate. 

I will do mate, just after you show me where they have said it has been turned down. Or just link me to where you saw it please 😉

Or we’ll just call it a draw for now eh haha.

Because checking someone’s bank statement is the same in any sector mate. 
I would be more than surprised if he didn’t think you needed to check that when making a multi million sale. 

Selling a mountain bike for £50 maybe, but not a premier league football club. You got the cash mate? Ye honestly I’ll bring it with me…. Sound, clubs yours. 
Hi mate, that cheque you wrote seems to have bounced, could you resend it please mate….. must be your bank account, cheques fine!

Actually now I wrote that…. I think that’s pretty much how Everton work.

Not really. There are business based around debt for example. Palfy knows the construction business, I'd be interested to know if its comparable but construction is only for profit, football is only for losing money :lol:

Just now, Matt said:

Not really. There are business based around debt for example. Palfy knows the construction business, I'd be interested to know if its comparable but construction is only for profit, football is only for losing money :lol:

I’m in construction myself…. Not a rich snob like Palfy, but a proper cowboy!

It’s common to ask to see the funds when signing off on large builds for us. Never used to do it until I started on a business coaching course. But they made me start doing it.

But your right, Football is a complete different kettle of frogs.

I will do mate, just after you show me where they have said it has been turned down. Or just link me to where you saw it please 😉

Or we’ll just call it a draw for now eh haha.

I never said it had definitely been turned down I said I can’t see them getting league approval, to which you responded it’s already a done deal 🤷‍♂️