IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

I haven't read all the posts above and I only casually follow the ownership situation. That said, this club is worth a ton of money, particularly for an investment group that can make a deal for a new stadium. Some Chinese investors just valued Man City at 3B pounds and Everton has a richer and better history than Man C. 20 years from now, Everton will be worth 20x the money someone pays now. (Assuming some decent investment)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

on one hand i feel awful for Bill and his health, on the other i wish he would have gotten this sorted out better before his health declined so we wouldn't just have to sell to the highest bidder. really hoping if it's true that it's some decent people.

The absolute silence from the on all aspects of work, is freaking me out a little.

I understand they don't have to tell us all the goings on but at least an update or an opinion every now and them. I don't want a Gold and Sullivan type verbal diarrhea, spouting match. Just some updates.

Opinion on games just gone

Insight into new ventures

Update on the new marketing team

Update on Bill (without getting personal)

Update on takeover without giving specific details etc

Support for Roberto, even

Reason for the lack of board/management presence at recent games

There's been nothing for months. Just seems like a captainless ship at present. Who's steering?

Can't help but feel the haunting silence and uncertainty is causing some unrest in the dressing room to.

WHAT IS HAPPENING.

• 1 month later...

Also shows that Bill has the club's future at his heart and not just a payday for himself.

I just want to see what we do in the summer. A couple of top quality signings would show were serious about climbing back to the top again.

Hopefully a few people will have come to appreciate that, humble pie should be on the menu in many an Evertonian kitchen just now.

I'd have eaten that humble pie at any of those kitchens a good few years ago.

When part of the criticism is "why has it taken so long" then it's particularly valid.

That said, it is quite clear that Bill has found us a good investor. It would be fitting that Bill leaves a good parting present to us fans after a pretty chequered tenure. Let's see what this guy is all about, then I'll happily have some humble pie.

I'll take 2 slices myself. Happy that we got a real class owner now, apologize to Bill and all that. Turns out he's been working on this for 18 months so kudos for keeping it under raps.

Lerner has given his managers a few hundred million. Unfortunately for him, O'Neill was actually useless. What if Moyes had been given the same money?

Totally agree but unfortunately I think its highly unlikely

I wonder how many of them still wish we had sold to Randy Lerner?

I would have been absolutely delighted with Lerner. It turns out he had spent 300m of his own money in his time there...

Tell me... what did our board spend in that time?

Zero.

So yes, I'd have liked lerner back in 2009 or whenever it was. The players we looked at but couldn't get because of £££.... moutinho, essien, Cech, hmmm.

The players we sold in that time... a prime lescott, arteta, prime pienaar, probably got better stadium

Edited by Hafnia

Lerner has given his managers a few hundred million. Unfortunately for him, O'Neill was actually useless. What if Moyes had been given the same money?

How long is a piece of string?

We shall never know.

Not sure how O'Neill is still blamed for Villa's current position when he's not been there for six years. They were sixteenth the season before he took over, first season he took them to eleventh and then sixth three consecutive times, improving their points total each time. Only Arsenal, United, Liverpool, Chelsea, City, Spurs and us finished ahead of them in those years.

He can't have been that bad.

We shall never know.

Not sure how O'Neill is still blamed for Villa's current position when he's not been there for six years. They were sixteenth the season before he took over, first season he took them to eleventh and then sixth three consecutive times, improving their points total each time. Only Arsenal, United, Liverpool, Chelsea, City, Spurs and us finished ahead of them in those years.

He spent champions league money on championship players...

Nick Shorey, Marlon Harewood, Emile heskey, Zat Knight, Luke Young, Curtis Davies, btw he more or less flogged Gary cahill in this time.

He created a very expensive divide between his first 11 and the squad. All on good long contracts they depreciated to basically deadwood so imagine the cost in transfer depreciation and wages.

He was shit. Realised what he created and sneaked off when the reality of his shit activity caught up with him. He had to sell to buy and knew he couldn't. Fraud of a manager.

We shall never know.

O'Neill is in the core, because he spent most of Lerner's money on drab. Unfortunately for Villa Lerner was loyal to him for too long. When O'Neill was still demanding more money and basically left because he didn't get any Villa were left with a bunch of mediocre players on huge salaries. They have really never gotten over this and Lerner basically lost his interest at some point.

O'Neill is in the core, because he spent most of Lerner's money on drab. Unfortunately for Villa Lerner was loyal to him for too long. When O'Neill was still demanding more money and basically left because he didn't get any Villa were left with a bunch of mediocre players on huge salaries. They have really never gotten over this and Lerner basically lost his interest at some point.

Just the sort of guy we wanted in charge, chuck money at it then throw toys out of the pram when it doesn't go your way. You guys can come up with all the "evidence" you want. Lerner has taken Villa down. We're talking about Moshiri making the right choices on Elstone and Martinez, if he fails it'll be his fault, not the people he employs.

If he'd come to Everton we've zero idea how he'd have done because we never saw Moyes with a lot of money to spend to see how he'd cope. Oh wait a minute.

Interest??? He spent 300m of his own money. Compare that to the wonderful investment made by our lot... he renovated the holte end, gave them bodymoor Heath. Gave them 200m to spend on players and has been left with fuck all but the option to sell the club.

As it happens he was rebuked in his approach to buy us at a time when the cash he injected could have made us very dangerous.

As it happens he was rebuked in his approach to buy us at a time when the cash he injected could have made us very dangerous.

100% speculation.

You're talking about situations that (for whatever reason) didn't happen.

Did Villa have their best ever PL spell under O'Neill? Yes.

Has Lerner taken Villa down? Yes.

These things did/are happening, you're arguing fantasy v fact.

100% speculation.

You're talking about situations that (for whatever reason) didn't happen.

Did Villa have their best ever PL spell under O'Neill? Yes.

Has Lerner taken Villa down? Yes.

These things did/are happening, you're arguing fantasy v fact.

100% fact to me. Privied info.

Big Ron got villa to runners up in the prem didn't he? Didn't brian little get two top 5 finishes in a row (5th 4th)

Has Lerner taken Villa down? No. Just like Phillip Carter never won us the league.

100% fact to me. Privied info.

Big Ron got villa to runners up in the prem didn't he? Didn't brian little get two top 5 finishes in a row (5th 4th)

Has Lerner taken Villa down? No. Just like Phillip Carter never won us the league.

I wasn't talking about that, you may have inside info or you may not, it's not relevant. I meant that, "the cash he injected could have made us very dangerous" is unprovable/speculative.

I wasn't talking about that, you may have inside info or you may not, it's not relevant. I meant that, "the cash he injected could have made us very dangerous" is unprovable/speculative.

Maybe... a very overpaid and temperamental riquelme replacing reliable hardworking tim cahill. Moutinho replacing Carsley...

It's no recipe for success but we had clear needs in that team.