• Sylvain Distin
    • Leighton Baines
    • Kevin Mirallas
    • Ross Barkley
    • Steven Pienaar
    • Marouane Fellaini
    • Leon Osman
    • Nikica Jelavic

Barkley of course. He was excellent and brought us back into the game. He did disappear once they leveled again and we lost control of the game and it became a more fast-paced end-to-end game. I refuse to believe this kid wasn't ready 6 months ago.

He really was different class. Just shows exactly what a lot of people have said for a long time!

Barkley today and its not even close, some of his passing today was phenomenal! He brings a level of vision and execution to the side that no one else has. In saying that, a game like this where we dominate possesion is perfect for him, its when we are under the pump that I fear he may still be a liabilty.

Just as a sidenote, are people more or less excited about him as a prosect than they were Rodwell??

Barkley today and its not even close, some of his passing today was phenomenal! He brings a level of vision and execution to the side that no one else has. In saying that, a game like this where we dominate possesion is perfect for him, its when we are under the pump that I fear he may still be a liabilty.

Just as a sidenote, are people more or less excited about him as a prosect than they were Rodwell??

More. Far more.

I can honestly say that I never bought into Rodwell. I never bought into the hype and still don't. A packet of crisp had more potential in the midfield than he did, it would certainly have covered more ground without getting injured.

Even after that screamer against sigma or rounding the united keeper?

I

Rodwell looked the part, thats how he divided opinions... Fact is, he was the safest player av ever seen and i Dont like that Type of player... He also thought he thought he was natural with both feet. But he just looked too uncomfortable sometimes. He would have given us nothing in that game today.