IGNORED

Chelsea (Home)

Memmaclub

I think we have done pretty well in the first half. Again not vintage but we are doing alright and frustrating Chelsea whilst creating our own chances.

The opportunities we have given them have come from our own poor play. Barkley has been guilty on a couple of occasions, Osman must be below 50% pass completion for anything over 5 yards, and Howard also had his lapse. On other instances Coleman has been running into dead ends or neglected to put a ball into the box when we had people in the area, Jelavic has failed to keep hold of the ball and Naismith has been equally impressive and frustrating by working hard and creating some opportunities before giving the ball away needlessly. Its a shame Mirallas cant get into the game in the same way.

To my eye, Chelsea dont look anything special and bringing McCarthy on for Osman would be a huge move IMO because his hussle is exactly what we need. Like Steve_E says, Chelsea will press forward quite aggressively now so getting Deulofue on and moving Mirallas up front to counter wouldnt be the worst idea I have ever heard given the resources we have available. I could see Luiz getting sent off if we did move that way.