IGNORED

Media bias

Cornish Steve

An article at the BBC website states that "second-half goals from Oscar and John Mikel Obi helped [Chelsea] leapfrog rivals Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham, who, like Chelsea, have all lost one league game this season." No mention of Everton, who finished ahead of Liverpool for the last two seasons, who currently stand ahead of the two Manchester teams, who already beat Chelsea, and who are the only unbeaten team in the EPL. Such bias really irritates me.

Isn't there a near identical thread already in existence on these pages ?

It's true that certain areas (and other unprintable subjects) do favor other teams of this league and we often go by the wayside but last night at least (on the highlights program) showed that we may be making a comeback (although had Manchester City and United been played on the same day we would for sure have been placed elsewhere) but not getting hopes up too much.

I remember at the time we played Tottenham in the 1995 semi-final a lot of tabloid reports were upset we had won that day, as it had eradicated a dream final between Spurs and Manchester United. There was even more satisfaction from the win, knowing that there would be those who would be blowing it out their ass for not getting their own way. So sorry, to put a spoiler on your "dream final"

As it's already been mentioned, just allow the club to go about it's business quietly and objectively. Being out of any spotlight will surely work in our favor anyway, so hope they continue to lick up their favorite sides and just allow this club to continue on doing well thus far.

We'll get their attention and recognition soon enough some would argue.

Just listened to the end of the commentary on the Manc derby, and they were talking about who is going to win the title. They went for City, Chelsea and United in 3rd.... But then went on to mention the shite, and spuds. As an afterthought, the host said something along the lines of 'but there is only one unbeaten in the league so far, and perhaps we should mention.......'. Before he could even finish his sentence, Savage and whoever. Else was in the studio dismissed it. 'Everton can't win the title.'

I think we all recognise that we are not going to win the league, YET, but it would be nice to get some credit from these alleged experts for a great start to the season. With a bit of fortune we could have been clear at the top. Lol

Savage is - something which isn't printable on these pages - but however you feel personally with any individuals in question, they're right in saying that Everton can't win the title, or they could have put it better - "Everton won't win the title". It's feasible that any team in the league at this moment in time can win the championship with points hitherto amassed, but commonsense dictates you can only select the appropriate challengers - and we're not a part of that (yet) I'm afraid.

Actually, I've seen a lot of talk (especially yesterday on WHUFC messageboard "Knees Up Mother Brown" for example, that we are in fact, a very good side and could challenge this season and it's pleasing to read. So not everyone belittles us or turns a blind eye. But would rather wait a few more weeks into the current campaign to have a clearer picture of what to expect this season.

If he says he's a blue, then I believe him. If he was positive towards Everton I would say he wasn't a fan... His negativity fits in well with the rest of us.

Good old plucky Everton, give the big guns a hard game at goodison. Well organised outfit.... Well fuck em all, were gonna surprise a lot of pundits this season and beyond under the Spanish saviour....

This is the new revelution, not evolution......

How far can Martinez take them? Well, they are not going to win the league! But we have seen enough of them this season to see they will give Manchester City some big problems at the Etihad Stadium on Saturday, and I am sure, like everyone else, Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho will be wondering why on earth he let Lukaku leave on loan. - Robbie Savage on BBC

Really? By the same token they can say the same about both Manc teams...