IGNORED

Fulham (CoC) Away

markjazzbassist

Fulham are crap. We could and should have been out of sight in the first half!

I don't care if people call it Mickey Mouse, but I wanted to win this cup. This is often the cup that teams get a little success winning, and set's them up for a run at some bigger things.

Oh and we've never won it!

Edited by doc_bump

Hate to say it but RM dropped the ball with those subs. Team had a great 35 minutes then played like shit til about minute 25 of the 2nd half and then tried to do something but just couldn't muster anything. Gibson/Heitinga were poor, Lukaku was subpar, Gerrard was too selfish and while it's nice to see him try to dribble on his defender, he needs to pass the ball from time to time. Sucks to go out to Fulham, especially after we had the lead but what can you do.

The final whistle has gone and we've been eliminated, what a load of old cunt.

Fulham curse strikes again, one opposition side that's really starting to irritate now.

Another year, another League Cup exit, and I just about give up winning this goddamn tournament sometimes.

Disappointed, angry, frustrated, it's all those things right now, but not alone in feelings on these pages.

Still got the FA Cup to go for I guess. But tonight is frustrating.

So we're out of the tin-pot cup. As I've stated in my previous posts I've got no time for this competition and only see it as a set of games in which to try young players. We played our second team and Fulham played their first, we lost 2-1 after leading 1-0 at half-time. Whilst I obviously don't want to see us lose I can't say that I'm upset, we're still un-beaten under Martinez in the league and that's what I'm bothered about.

The only domestic cup I'm interersted in is the FA Cup and even that comes second fiddle to a positive league finish. No doubt some will use this result as ammunition to blast Martinez but if I'm being honest I'd find that laughable. We're playing better than we ever have under David Moyes and by a long way.

Not going to lie, that was very disappointing, particularly after bossing the match for long periods of the first half, and after creating enough chances to win that 9 times out of 10. It was also very obvious that Fulham were getting more and more dangerous and nothing was done about it. Not saying only Martinez was to blame, the attitude from the players was also somewhat disappointing 2nd half.

That said, we've seen A LOT worse in the League Cup over the years, we had plenty of regulars missing against a strong Fulham side. Not going to say it's a mickey mouse cup etc, no. I wanted us to win it. But I would honestly be more disappointed if this was Monday night against Newcastle or an FA Cup tie.

So fucking annoyed right now.... Like I said before naismith had three other clear cut chances.... Who gives a fucking shite how many chances our other strikers havr and have not been putting away... He had three and could have seen the game off single handedly.... He's fucking shit end of... The rest of it is going to happen. Naive defending let us down. Encouraging how many chances we are making away from home though. Teams look scared of us... Bring on newcastle, we can still win the title.:-)

Absolute shite!

I was pissed off that I had to work this afternoon meaning I couldn't go, looks like I dodged a bullet. All very predictable as far as Everton are concerned, I just hate the way we have this habit of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory

Fair play to Fulham they deserved their victory

Very frustrating.

A game we should have won at a canter, we lost through an ineffectual 30minute spell in the 2nd half.

The warning signs were there in the first half and I expected Martinez to get it sorted going into the 2nd half but he didnt. The subs did very well but they came on too late. For large parts of the game Gibson and Heitinga just didnt show up and as soon as runners got in behind they went missing. When Barry and McCarthy sat in there together they were far superior to the 3 playing in the same spots.

Deulofeu showed some brilliance throughout the game but again his single mindedness showed in the first half and it got worse in the second. I have no problems with him taking risks but he has to use his team mates as well.

Lukaku was another who started brightly but Fulham jumped on him second half. Where our midfield sunk deeper and deeper he got isolated and Fulham's big CB's swamped him whenever they could. He had a good game over all though I thought.

On the plus side, Stones did very well, and as I mentioned McCarthy got better as the game went on. We know we are better than Fulham on this display and if we didnt let them into it with a period of poor play and an element of tactical naivety we would still be unbeaten this season. Its a real kick in the nuts, but at the same time its a wake-up call and a lesson to be learned.

So we're out of the tin-pot cup. As I've stated in my previous posts I've got no time for this competition and only see it as a set of games in which to try young players. We played our second team and Fulham played their first, we lost 2-1 after leading 1-0 at half-time. Whilst I obviously don't want to see us lose I can't say that I'm upset, we're still un-beaten under Martinez in the league and that's what I'm bothered about.

The only domestic cup I'm interersted in is the FA Cup and even that comes second fiddle to a positive league finish. No doubt some will use this result as ammunition to blast Martinez but if I'm being honest I'd find that laughable. We're playing better than we ever have under David Moyes and by a long way.

don't agree on the tin pot trophy bollocks, winning games breeds confidence end of. As blues we know the league is beyond us so is the league position of 6th all we can hope for? We haven't earned that arrogance after 5 games. Spurs anyone? That shows where we are. I love Roberto but for fucks sake lets sort ourselves

We know we are better than Fulham on this display and if we didnt let them into it with a period of poor play and an element of tactical naivety we would still be unbeaten this season. Its a real kick in the nuts, but at the same time its a wake-up call and a lesson to be learned.

That's the main positive to take from this imo. There's no way they're finishing above us in the league over 38 games.

Still, I want to win all games we play so my mood is killed. Don't care that it's the League Cup. Though I don't blame Martinez for starting Robles, Oviedo, Naismith, Stones and the likes, I would have liked to see changes sooner. We didn't keep the ball and put too much pressure on our defense for too long.

Bailey, on 24 Sept 2013 - 21:59, said:snapback.png

We know we are better than Fulham on this display and if we didnt let them into it with a period of poor play and an element of tactical naivety we would still be unbeaten this season. Its a real kick in the nuts, but at the same time its a wake-up call and a lesson to be learned.

Pretty much sums it up really. Fulham were there for the taking but we just seemed to sit back and settle for 1-0 which gave them the impetus and we never really looked like getting back in it after that

Fucking hell Brett you talk some shit.

Naismith had three chances and scored one.

Does that make Lukaku shit in your eyes as he also had three chances and scored none?

What about Jerry? Do we send him back because he also didn't score from any of his, and let's not talk about Seamus miss, we should be hanging him up outside goodison!

But no, your fixation with how shit Naismith is still comes out. Bordering on that fine line of love i think!

Brilliant in the first half and should have put the game to bed. Shite in the second half and were duly punished for it.

Robles - Did well enough.

Stones - Had a decent game.

Heitinga - I don't think he had that bad a game tbh. He was one of our better pressers of the ball and brought the ball out well.

Distin - Solid and marshalled the defence. My MOTM.

Coleman - He was terrible. In every way. Start to finish. Full stop.

Oviedo - Struggled to get in the game going forward and looked pretty poor defensively too.

McCarthy - Started out very nervy; his first touch wasn't very good and his passing was off. Got better as the game wore on.

Gibson - Looked very rusty (another reason why starting him wasn't the best idea in the world). Unlucky to give the free-kick away that led to their winner though; I thought he won the ball with a brilliant challenge.

Naismith - I thought looked pretty good in the first half; bright and energetic and deservedly got a goal. Could have had a couple more. Disappeared in the second half and looked as bad as he did against West Ham.

Deulofeu - Ran the show in the first half, if a bit greedy, and got himself an assist with a beautiful ball for Naismith. Pretty crap in the second half though and looked very tired as well.

Lukaku - Started the game extremely well and I thought we were in for another powerhouse performance from him. Sadly, he disappeared in the second half and not much went his way.

Some things just don't go well together, custard and gravy, cats and dogs, Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley etc, and you got to include this club team and the League Cup in this. Two finals in 52 years and we're not going to make it again next year. I can't quite bring myself to offer congratulations to Fulham right now, but they maybe could go a long way in this competition this season. Usually a surprise winner of the League Cup, so this season could be no different.

Above all else, and right now, I wish they would just abolish this fucking competition and be rid of it, so we would never have to participate in it ever again.

Hahahaha brilliant shukes, love a player that puts as shift in. You would have elevan Dennis's in given the chance... I could sprint round for 90mins for ya if ya throw me a wedge... How do ya think the scouting mission went when he was younger ' get on that wee blonde lid chasing down well, who gives a fck if he can play with the ball, he tries, that's all we ask of'