Newcastle (H)...Romelu Lukaku

Fulham (A)...Sylvain Distin

West Ham (A)...Leighton Baines

Chelsea (H)...Gareth Barry

Cardiff (A)...Ross Barkley

Stevenage (H)...Ross Barkley

West Brom (H)...Seamus Coleman

Norwich (A)...Ross Barkley

Barry for his very calming influence in the second half. I think he realised just how uncomfortable Distin and Jags were on the ball, and when he started pulling deeper to help them out we stabilised with the ball at the back.

thats pretty much why I went for McCarthy, though there wasnt much to chose between them. McCarthy constantly drove forward and made himself available for the 2 muppets at the back. Plus, I kept an eye on him to really see what hes about - he is Barry but 10yrs younger and with pace.

Mirallas got a goal and an assist, best of a bad bunch, but more importantly he was visible and looked threatening, hopefully he'll build on this as his form Chelsea cameo aside has been shocking.

Ultimately no one had a great game, but rather we say that should have been a draw rather than the usual. Hopefully, we start to grind results out like these away from home on our off days.

I've been in work all day today so haven't heard much of the game but I'm so happy that McCarthy is getting the plaudits as I've always rated him and thought he could be a huge signing for us. He is 22 a baby who has had a great grounding at Wigan and will get better and better alongside Barry. With gibbo getting injured and probably jonny going in jan we need another defensive midfielder to cover as Ossie isn't the man for the job

Barry for Me

He was always available for the ball and was very tidy with it, I was never a fan in all honesty prior to him coming here but being at the game you can see his movement and positioning is top notch and he's a very calming player on the ball.

McCarthy had a decent game and has a great engine always willing to get stuck in and win the ball my only gripe is in the second half he persisted on running sideways instead of forward when we had plenty of space through the middle.

Osman just simply doesn't have it anymore he still has good movement in his feet but has no pace to take a player on and his passing is sloppy as fuck as was Barkleys for the most part. Distin had a shocker and Jags persistence to hoof it up to Lukaku all the time was infuriating.

Barry followed by McCarthy the rest did very little or where poor yesterday.

Edited by EFC-Paul

He just seems to be a very honest lad with feet firmly on the ground. He also seems to be a player who stands out more in every game he plays....combined=my last statement.

To be honest I felt the same about Baines when he first arrived, really not sure these days that any player, if not offered the contract they wanted would turn down a move with an extra £35,000 a WEEK!

Glen Johnson is reported to be on £120,000 a week!

You metioned Osman, sure he's been loyal, but has he ever thought another team would increase his wages by stuppid money?

I'm hoping Baines stays, and McCarthy is around for many years, both winning things with us.

Saw Barry's interview after the game, saying he didn't remember touching it but then there's the clip telling Barkley that was his. Didn't like that, would rather they held their hand up and said, yeah I got a touch and we got lucky the officials didn't pick up on it.

Plus, Baines diving pissed me off also, and I'm really hoping it was a brainfart moment...

Saw Barry's interview after the game, saying he didn't remember touching it but then there's the clip telling Barkley that was his. Didn't like that, would rather they held their hand up and said, yeah I got a touch and we got lucky the officials didn't pick up on it.

Plus, Baines diving pissed me off also, and I'm really hoping it was a brainfart moment...

He done similar the other week when he would have been fouled anyway, missed out on getting the pen because of it.