IGNORED

RM spending In and Out since he arrived.

Memmaclub

Money IN.

Felli 27 mil

Jelavic 6.5 Mil

Vic 6 mil

40 Mil

Out

McCarthy 14 mil

Kone 6 mil

Robles 2 Mil

Loans 2 Mil

24 Mil

That seems to me it leaves a decent wedge to buy some players in Jan. I know the money goes other places but the fees he has got in and the price he has paid for players seem pretty good Kone is an exception as I just don't rate him but in all I think a couple of 5 mil plus signings in the window would be good.

Money IN.

Felli 27 mil

Jelavic 6.5 Mil

Vic 6 mil

40 Mil

Out

McCarthy 14 mil

Kone 6 mil

Robles 2 Mil

Loans 2 Mil

24 Mil

That seems to me it leaves a decent wedge to buy some players in Jan. I know the money goes other places but the fees he has got in and the price he has paid for players seem pretty good Kone is an exception as I just don't rate him but in all I think a couple of 5 mil plus signings in the window would be good.

Martinez sees no value in the January market, the money out will be some way off Lukaku's loan fee works out about £5m I believe. I think we have about £12m remaning.

Think the market we trade in makes jan extra tough.

Either pick up a couple of 'squad fillers' (although in my view you should use youth) or wax 10-15mill on that one signing you really need...but probs be paying over the odds.

What martinez has shown in such a short time at the club is that he can get players into his system no problem. Alcaraz (?), Stones, Oviedo have all filled in with ease.

dont forget the compensation package to Wigan for the staff (Martinez included) and Alcaraz, who will surely have had a signing on fee.

Id happily wait until the summer. Everyone is worrying about a striker, but we have goals coming from all over the park. Yes, we need back up for when Jela goes but its not reason to panic buy

Edited by Matt

Summer's where the money needs to be spent, as it's a time where contracts run out/down (cheap players) and where teams are happy to offload 'stars' before preseason, so their replacements get time to settle in.

January's nutoriously tough because teams want 'form' players (cost a premium) and managers are starting to get injury hit squads and don't want to be depleted. Bad time for value, good time for pre-contractual agreements or loans.

Kone is a good forward, he's not a striker. His value to the team will be seen in a similar way that the likes of wellbeck, long and the likes contribute, he has a bit of skill though and will give us options.

£6m is nothing when you see we got more for victor, he's a better player than him.

He is a striker. He has scored goals regularly at almost every club he has played for. He hasnt taken his chances for us but he has probably been involved in the most chances per minute on the pitch! I think his link up play is better than Lukaku's personally but then again he has gained that through experience which Lukaku will get.

He is a striker. He has scored goals regularly at almost every club he has played for. He hasnt taken his chances for us but he has probably been involved in the most chances per minute on the pitch! I think his link up play is better than Lukaku's personally but then again he has gained that through experience which Lukaku will get.

Point being I don't think he's not an out and out goalscorer imo, more rounded and able to contribute in link up play. Goals being a bonus. Certainly not a Hernandez.