IGNORED

Aston Villa (Home)

bluenosetoffee

For me Barry and McCarthy especially have to up their work rate. They aren't closing quick enough and they aren't making space quick enough. McCarthy especially has been very stagnant and he is one of those players that needs to drive us forward because he has that ability to drive the team along with Barkley.

I wouldnt say that we have really dont anything wrong in that half but we havent stamped our authority on the game. Big second half coming up.

Noooooooo it's not the weather. All it takes is for someone to fall off the shoulders of there marker and make a run and someone with the skill to play a through ball..... Possession is worth shit if all you do is go side to side.... Villa will take us doing that all day long.got to have a team who have the brain to break a defence down. We don't have it. That crowd is shambolic by the way, bad weather or not........ Our fans piss me right off!!!!!!!

it was a good tackle by Delph, Barkley caught thinking he had more time. Can't blame Howard either.

For me Delph has grabbed Barkley and normally that would be a foul. He wins the ball in the tackle but the foul is before that in my eyes.

Howard should take a lot of blame IMO. Cant be letting them in!

Noooooooo it's not the weather. All it takes is for someone to fall off the shoulders of there marker and make a run and someone with the skill to play a through ball..... Possession is worth shit if all you do is go side to side.... Villa will take us doing that all day long.got to have a team who have the brain to break a defence down. We don't have it. That crowd is shambolic by the way, bad weather or not........ Our fans piss me right off!!!!!!!

There's no way they're going vertically through that backline imo. They have to switch play with less touches and more precision though.

In virtually complete control but zero goal threat.....Mirallas not working as striker, need a change.....won't score if we play for another forty-five hours like this, let alone forty-five minutes.

Thought Mirallas was doing OK. His movement has been good and he is trying to get involved in the play. Biggest problem is that we are too slow and deliberate in getting the ball to him.

For me Barry and McCarthy especially have to up their work rate. They aren't closing quick enough and they aren't making space quick enough. McCarthy especially has been very stagnant and he is one of those players that needs to drive us forward because he has that ability to drive the team along with Barkley.

I wouldnt say that we have really dont anything wrong in that half but we havent stamped our authority on the game. Big second half coming up.

This is exactly it for me. No useful movement from McCarthy and Barry. Both are playing too lazily. We need to take one of the two off and bring on Pienaar. We need players who are going to actually RUN AT THEIR HIGH LINE

Thought Mirallas was doing OK. His movement has been good and he is trying to get involved in the play. Biggest problem is that we are too slow and deliberate in getting the ball to him.

There's also one defender man marking him and two more in cover. I'd get an extra man on to support him that can penetrate with the ball at his feet from that area right in front of the defence (Pienaar). We need to get their three centre backs moving about.