IGNORED

Aston Villa (Home)

bluenosetoffee

Thought I might as well start this off. (Forget about the Liverpool game).

With Lukaku and Traore injured who is going to play upfront?

I would go with:

Howard

Stones Jags Alcaraz Baines

McCarthy Barry

McGeady Barkley Pienaar

Mirallas

Villa played well against West Brom and being 2-0 down and winning 4-3 will give them lots of confidence, not to mention Benteke hitting 3 in 3 games. I am going with a home win 2-1 Everton. :)

They have pace pace pace which for us at the moment is a nightmare.

Please let's not defend on the half way line

If we defend on the half way like we did against Liverpool then get see Villa running away with this one. With the likes of Bacuna and Agbonlahor with their pace and Jags and Alcaraz with......well no pace.

Not much to add that hasn't been said. Villa are an unpredictable team that often does better away than home. Gonna be a hard fought match, and I really hope we can get a win. Depends on which villa shows up, the one that beat the gunners or city or the one that runs around the pitch without ideas, such as when they lost to Palace.

I'd give Naismith a go up top and play hibbert at right back and play Alcaraz to mark Benteke. 3 points is all that matters but I've got a good feeling we will put a good show on and win comfortably 3-1 mirallas Naismith and mcgeady

I'd give Naismith a go up top and play hibbert at right back and play Alcaraz to mark Benteke. 3 points is all that matters but I've got a good feeling we will put a good show on and win comfortably 3-1 mirallas Naismith and mcgeady

I would rather we had Mirallas up top and Naismith on the right to give us a bit more cover on the flank

From a psychological point of view it is vital for all parties concerned (that includes the fans) that we pick ourselves up today and win at all cost -

we should not play high risk football to try and be spectacular -

at this stage a scrappy 1-0 win will be of more value than a spectacular 4-5 loss

From a psychological point of view it is vital for all parties concerned (that includes the fans) that we pick ourselves up today and win at all cost -

we should not play high risk football to try and be spectacular -

at this stage a scrappy 1-0 win will be of more value than a spectacular 4-5 loss

At any stage a scrappy 1-0 would be of more value than a 4-5 loss wouldn't it :huh:?

The point I am trying to make is that playing % football is sometimes more necessary - reducing risk and focussing on basics to eliminate match losing errors -

one loss at a crucial time can destroy confidence and morale sending you in a nose dive in the middle of the season -

while losing your last game of the season when it won't make a difference to your position in the table is a different kettle of fish

I'm sure Paul Lambert will have looked at the replay of the derby and have made up a plan to beat us. It is now down to Martinez to second guess how Lambert will tactically get his players to run our back four. I think Barry will be told to play just in front of the back four and patrol that area, not getting pulled out of position to the left and right as he was the other night. Do villa only play with one forward? If so surely then the one not marking has to be on his toes against a through ball or over the top one. I really hope we dominate the midfield today, just don't want the back four under much pressure. How fragile their minds are I only have to guess but I want a performance of dominance today.

I'm sure Paul Lambert will have looked at the replay of the derby and have made up a plan to beat us. It is now down to Martinez to second guess how Lambert will tactically get his players to run our back four. I think Barry will be told to play just in front of the back four and patrol that area, not getting pulled out of position to the left and right as he was the other night. Do villa only play with one forward? If so surely then the one not marking has to be on his toes against a through ball or over the top one. I really hope we dominate the midfield today, just don't want the back four under much pressure. How fragile their minds are I only have to guess but I want a performance of dominance today.

Dont think that there will be much guess work required, they will sit back and let us have 60 - 70 % possesion in harmles areas of the pitch and then hit us on the break at pace

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

We will need Barry and McCarthy picking up the second balls around Benteke and I'm worried about stones at full back up against Weiman who I rate. Delph is starting to look half decent in the midfield aswell. We just need to play our football and be CLINICAL for a change. Get through today and the Calvery will be back next week

We will need Barry and McCarthy picking up the second balls around Benteke and I'm worried about stones at full back up against Weiman who I rate. Delph is starting to look half decent in the midfield aswell. We just need to play our football and be CLINICAL for a change. Get through today and the Calvery will be back next week

Sounds biblical :P.