IGNORED

Aston Villa (Home)

bluenosetoffee

I was offended yesterday when someone told me to "be a real fan". I have a season ticket and get to as many away games as I can. I'm sure that contributes to be a real fan more than sitting behind a TV screen.

The comment was from a guy in America. I found it ironic to be honest. I wouldn't go on an MLS forum from England and tell American supporters to be real fans. It didn't sit well with me at all.

It wasn't the best comment for him to make, and I can understand the annoyance. It annoyed me as well and it's up there with "don't be a Kopite" that gets thrown out there when someone has something negative to say. I don't think criticising performances (when it's warranted) makes any one any less of a fan. Meekly accepting things is a far more worthy trait of that, IMO. But I don't think whether you go the game or not is something that should be used to divide. We all support Everton in our own way, and sometimes circumstances dictate whether we can go the game or not.

Yeah, lets not argue about it! Its defo not meant as an insult to those who go, either every so often or every game (and I give big credit to those who go every game). Nor should those who are able to go insult those 'who sit st home', as those who are at home I am sure would love to be able to go to every game.

So my original thoughts where just simply that when I do get down, I feel disappointment by the atmosphere. But maybe my expectation is to high, maybe I am a little over excited and then it feels flat compared to my joy at getting there! I am sure there will be peeps who ignorantly will be thinking 'well get to games then you lame arse gob off'...and I would love to...but even after work and family commitments, well if I do go it costs £150-£200 (tickets, petrol, appetite!)...and that cost will go up once my lil 2 year old is old enough!!!

So yeah, by no means a dig at anyone. It is what it is, and if that means its a bit quiet then I will know what to expect next time I get down.

I don't know how to take this reply it sounds like your agreeing with brett angel,obviously another who wasn't there,as I said the atmosphere was quite good moreso in the second half, the idea of seats is you sit,but we still cheer our team on not from a warm living room though.

Take it how you want to read it...doesn't matter to me.

I would just like to add PATO!!!!! That I do not enter goodison as my wage packet restricts this and I would much rather, no matter how much I love my club, see shoes on my childs feet.... When I did have a season ticket for ten and a half years though u can clearly remember worse weather occasions than yesterday and the place was rocking.... I apologise, u didn't realise we had seasonal supporters...... You might wanna start making a bit if noise next time, it will warm the old cockles up!

I would just like to add PATO!!!!! That I do not enter goodison as my wage packet restricts this and I would much rather, no matter how much I love my club, see shoes on my childs feet.... When I did have a season ticket for ten and a half years though u can clearly remember worse weather occasions than yesterday and the place was rocking.... I apologise, u didn't realise we had seasonal supporters...... You might wanna start making a bit if noise next time, it will warm the old cockles up!

Well I've been going for 15 years mate and the way the team is playing/tempo of the game has a massive affect on atmosphere. Unless it's a big game it's always down to the team to get the crowd going. That's how it works at Goodison, always has!

I'm not ya mate ya bellend and teams don't create atmosphere's is that why we were still singing at 4-0 down against the shite.... If yav got to pipe up about something at least make it constructive MATE

Lol if this is in response to me (which I think it is). Thanks for the abuse. Makes you look really cool.

4-0 down at Anfield. Was an away atmosphere massive fucking difference! I doubt you'd know that as you don't go the games.

Away atmosphere is consistent singing no matter who we play.

Lol if this is in response to me (which I think it is). Thanks for the abuse. Makes you look really cool.

4-0 down at Anfield. Was an away atmosphere massive fucking difference! I doubt you'd know that as you don't go the games.

Away atmosphere is consistent singing no matter who we play.

this is true, our away support always seem to out-sing the home crowd, even when we were getting raped at Analfield you could hear them on the TV coverage

Got to say, whenever I do get to go to Goodison (bit hard living abroad, miss having my season ticket), Goodison is unusually quiet.

I was at this game and have to say in the first half we played poor. It looked like we couldn't play football at times, the passing was poor, we lacked tempo, we just couldn't break Villa down. McCarthy kept passing back to the defenders as Villa were closing down quickly.

In the second half we were more patient and I have to say Naismith made the difference. Martinez tactics were spot on. Putting Barkley off for Pienaar and then Stones off for Naismith. We didn't have that many shots on goal till later on but overall I think we deserved the win. Villa didn't do much except defend. Great game to win. :)

I don't know why people are saying Stones is useless. He held the ball up well, didn't panic, got the ball went in the corner and waited for support. Do people not remember what Coleman was like at RB a couple of season ago....

I do, he went forward a lot, couldn't track back and when he did he would give needless fouls outside/inside the penalty area. Now look at him he gets forward and is able to track back. Stones is never going to be a Coleman or a Baines. He isn't a full back and is playing OoP at the moment.

He DOES have the potential to be a great CB for Everton. He reminds me a lot of Jagielka. Can header the ball, pass it along the ground and doesn't panic when he is on the ball. Even when we were 1-0 on the right he didn't try anything stupid like trying to get past his man. He never lost the ball. He did cut inside a couple of times and opened up play a bit.

:( Didn't manage to see any of the game (only the goals ) this weekend but seem to get the impression McGeady was back to the same form he showed at Celtic. Flashes of greatness but final pass, shot, etc.. a let down. Hopefully he will be more consistent when fully fit but he will be frustrating a high percentage of the time. :rolleyes: Hail Hail !

:worship[1]: Kev Mirallas goal World Class :worship[1]: