IGNORED

Pre-Season 2014

Trying to polish a turd comes to mind.

:lol:

Im wondering if because our pre-season games last season were against really good opposition, it affected us in the first 3 games and so this year, make it a bit easier so we're a bit fresher?

:lol:

Im wondering if because our pre-season games last season were against really good opposition, it affected us in the first 3 games and so this year, make it a bit easier so we're a bit fresher?

In previous pre-seasons we played crap sides and had bad starts to the season.

We drew our first three games because we couldn't put teams away.

In previous pre-seasons we played crap sides and had bad starts to the season.

I think that's more down to Moyes' methods than anything.

I do think its important to have a couple of tough games in the build up just before the season actually starts. We might not have the star studded teams of last season but its not like we are playing pub teams either. They are all top flight clubs in their respective leagues bar Tranmere. Porto are a CL/Uefa cup regular and Celta Vigo finished on the same points as Valencia last season in La Liga and finished 9th. I think they are solid teams and whilst none of those teams are going to win the CL or anything like that like Real did last season, they certainly arent mugs either.

Quick question: does anyone know if the EvertonTV pre-season package provides the option to watch the matches in full at a later date? I wouldn't mind catching some vision of the friendly fixtures, while at the same time supporting the club, but I'm not too keen at waking up at 4:30 am here in Oz to catch a bloody friendly against Tranmere!

Quick question: does anyone know if the EvertonTV pre-season package provides the option to watch the matches in full at a later date? I wouldn't mind catching some vision of the friendly fixtures, while at the same time supporting the club, but I'm not too keen at waking up at 4:30 am here in Oz to catch a bloody friendly against Tranmere!

Dont think they did last year, but you could watch the 20 mins highlights if I remember correctly

Yeah, they mention highlights are available after the game, but regarding the full 90 minutes they're a little more vague. They mention that you're able to watch the full game "on demand", but whether they mean live or later isn't clearly mentioned.

Oh well, I think I'll grab the package either way to try and do my bit for the club :)

The fact that they specify that the Tranmere game can ONLY be seen on EvertonTV and they don't say that for the other games would suggest that there'll probably be coverage elsewhere for them; won't be available in the UK of course (not legally anyway). Not going to bother with the Tranmere game tonight I don't think but I'll probably buy the other three individually. Tonight likely to be like an installment lap for an F1 car, half paced and pretty meaningless.

The fact that they specify that the Tranmere game can ONLY be seen on EvertonTV and they don't say that for the other games would suggest that there'll probably be coverage elsewhere for them; won't be available in the UK of course (not legally anyway). Not going to bother with the Tranmere game tonight I don't think but I'll probably buy the other three individually. Tonight likely to be like an installment lap for an F1 car, half paced and pretty meaningless.

Nah, sod it. Bought the package.

This part is particularly interesting:

'It was only then that I noticed that Leicester City had already slipped in - and the waiting masses hardly made a sound.

I don’t think many of the Thai people could tell Nigel Pearson from Nigel Slater and the players, well they could have been anybody.

It was the Toffees, not the Foxes, that were the main event.'

I'm a Leicester fan and our media has been trying to make out the opposite. Been seeing massive crowds of people wearing 'WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE' shirts both for this match and for our Thailand trip a few weeks ago, players opening new team stores and of course the entire event being organised because of our owners. I would expect Everton to have more of a following but it's strange how your media's blocking out any interest in our team over there and ours is doing the same for Everton.

This part is particularly interesting:

'It was only then that I noticed that Leicester City had already slipped in - and the waiting masses hardly made a sound.

I dont think many of the Thai people could tell Nigel Pearson from Nigel Slater and the players, well they could have been anybody.

It was the Toffees, not the Foxes, that were the main event.'

I'm a Leicester fan and our media has been trying to make out the opposite. Been seeing massive crowds of people wearing 'WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE' shirts both for this match and for our Thailand trip a few weeks ago, players opening new team stores and of course the entire event being organised because of our owners. I would expect Everton to have more of a following but it's strange how your media's blocking out any interest in our team over there and ours is doing the same for Everton.

They do it to try and champion the local team and to get the local fans (in Liverpool not Thailand ) reading mate. I wouldn't look or be too insulted by it. I'm sure the local media etc knew exactly who the Leicester team were and vice versa.

Typical media bullshit.

Everton has a very low key pre-season programme this year -

last year we played a number of top sides - this year a number of topless sides -

we have signed regulars which is good - but a few additions will be better -

signing new players on deadline day could take a while before paying dividends-

sorry for negativity but for me our preseason and transfer window have been dull so far

• 2 weeks later...