IGNORED

Brendan Galloway

Unbelievable how quickly he's grown into first team football. His focus and confidence is amazing.

That game against Man City would have destroyed lesser players. Even seamus took it bad after the Benfica mauling. This lad knows he's good.

I like him at left back, he could probably play a flat left mid. Really impressed.

Unbelievable how quickly he's grown into first team football. His focus and confidence is amazing.

That game against Man City would have destroyed lesser players. Even seamus took it bad after the Benfica mauling. This lad knows he's good.

I like him at left back, he could probably play a flat left mid. Really impressed.

He gets caught the wrong side of his man a bit too often at the moment for me, but that's only because he's still learning the game, never mind a new position. His progress has been phenomenal (Robertooooo) so far, so I have no doubt that he'll put that right quickly.

I couldn't see him any further up the field though. He's just not good enough with the ball - the ball regularly ends up out of play when it's played from one side of the pitch to him, and when he's asked to use the ball he tends to just run into blind alleys. He'll be a great ball-playing CB where he gets it to feet and is just asked to play a nice pass to the winger or midfielder in front of him, but nothing more IMO.

Edit - I mean, if we're in a bind injury-wise or whatever then he's an option, but it shouldn't be something that's seriously considered. He'll flourish at CB when given the chance.

Edited by Romey 1878

He gets caught the wrong side of his man a bit too often at the moment for me, but that's only because he's still learning the game, never mind a new position. His progress has been phenomenal (Robertooooo) so far, so I have no doubt that he'll put that right quickly.

I couldn't see him any further up the field though. He's just not good enough with the ball - the ball regularly ends up out of play when it's played from one side of the pitch to him, and when he's asked to use the ball he tends to just run into blind alleys. He'll be a great ball-playing CB where he gets it to feet and is just asked to play a nice pass to the winger or midfielder in front of him, but nothing more IMO.

Edit - I mean, if we're in a bind injury-wise or whatever then he's an option, but it shouldn't be something that's seriously considered. He'll flourish at CB when given the chance.

Which could be soon. I think Barry will be first choice back up to Mori though

You could be right but I'd like to think he'd give Brendan a go if we picked another injury up to a CB. He is the one who had no problem throwing Stones in after all.

Agreed he should be 3rd CB now, perfect really with baines coming back. He can rotate in for cup matches and knocks and will still see first team time as baines gets fit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just hope Roberto doesn't see him as a left back

Surely not. Not even he could think that.

The lad has been awesome but quite clearly not a full back.

I would hope he will be first choice as back up to Stones and Jags, as well as Mori has done The thought of a future Stones and Galloway centre back partnership fills me with genuine excitement.

Pretty sure he doesn't. He's only played there because of Baines and Oviedo being injured, which has given him vital EPL minutes.

I actually think Brendans time at LB will make him more comfortable bring the ball out like Stones does.

This.

I think he's a long term left footed CB. Sure of it.

Just hope Roberto doesn't see him as a left back

Surely not. Not even he could think that.

The lad has been awesome but quite clearly not a full back.

I would hope he will be first choice as back up to Stones and Jags, as well as Mori has done The thought of a future Stones and Galloway centre back partnership fills me with genuine excitement.

Pretty sure he doesn't. He's only played there because of Baines and Oviedo being injured, which has given him vital EPL minutes.

I actually think Brendans time at LB will make him more comfortable bring the ball out like Stones does.

Sounds as though he does see him as a LB... http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2015/12/11/boss-baines-perfect-for-brendan