IGNORED

Brendan Galloway

He is a liability and doesn't do anywhere near enough when he is actually on the pitch to warrant the gamble of playing half your matches with 10 men

I take it Kev should never kick a ball for us again then just because of past errors?

Like I said previously under the right manager he could be useful as a loan but that's just my opinion... Like arseholes remember

Is this a sign that Koeman isn't all that keen on playing youngsters? Think most Evertonians were impressed by Galloway last season, would be a shame if he didn't fit in the new boss's plans without ever getting a chance in his preferred position.

From what I remember Koeman didn't play Ward-Prowse, another previously promising kid, much at Southampton either.

And you know this....how?

look at the way he talks about them, holgate "a real talent, he's earned this place" galloway .......crickets..........

the players have already said he does not give out praise easily, he's not a roberto throwing sunshine up everyone's ass. he only gives it when deserved. so for him to say all that about holgate and give him more time than galloway in preseason, says a lot.

so your saying he hasn't developed being in the 1st team squad ?

People are underestimating Galloway but I'm sure Benitez isn't.

No Patto, he did well when he came in. But if he has the chance to play every week, at centre back or left back, he will improve a whole lot more than he will here where he might get the odd cup game. Take into account that we have Baines and Oviedo at left back and we will have four senior centre backs.

• 2 weeks later...

Gone to WBA on a season-long loan according to SSN.

Bad, bad move sending him there. It'll be a waste of a season for the lad.

I think it will be good for him, Pulis is heavily into his defensive focus. Sure the whole hoof ball element may not be great but he will get good game experience - more than he would in the U21's.

"The highly-regarded 20-year-old left-back arrives from Everton until the end of the 2016/17 campaign, on a deal which does not include a recall clause."

I honestly think it's a great move. We have a fit Baines and Oviedo as first and second choice left backs, and Funes Mori and Connolly who can come in as cover if needed - his development is better served getting 20+ games this season at West Brom under Pulis who will educate the kid on defensive structure.

I think it will be good for him, Pulis is heavily into his defensive focus. Sure the whole hoof ball element may not be great but he will get good game experience - more than he would in the U21's.

I have a horrible feeling he won't play though, Haf. Go and ask Pritchard and Gnabry if it was a worthwhile move going to "play" for him.

I have no doubt going there would be good for him if he gets game time but I have reservations about that. Plus, there is zero chance of him playing CB.

I have a horrible feeling he won't play though, Haf. Go and ask Pritchard and Gnabry if it was a worthwhile move going to "play" for him.

I have no doubt going there would be good for him if he gets game time but I have reservations about that. Plus, there is zero chance of him playing CB.

i get the concerns, but just being around someone in training who knows how to setup defensively, even if he doesn't get much game time, is worth it

Plus, rumours of Jonny Evans going to Arsenal so he might've been brought in to replace him?

i get the concerns, but just being around someone in training who knows how to setup defensively, even if he doesn't get much game time, is worth it

Plus, rumours of Jonny Evans going to Arsenal so he might've been brought in to replace him?

No, it's not. The lad needs to be playing. He's raw and needs game time so he can come back here ready. I want him out on loan, I'm happy about that, but I want him playing and cutting out the errors.

No chance of Evans going to Arsenal. There's very little chance of someone like Pulis trusting Galloway enough to play him at CB even if that wacky transfer took place anyway.

I really hope I'm wrong and he gets plenty of games under his belt but I'm very sceptical.

I agree Romey - my happiness at him going there is assuming he will feature for them a lot. If he doesn't then I want him at Finch farm.

Unfortunately if he goes the way of other past youngsters he's signed on loan he's wasted a whole season with there being no recall clause. Big risk this move IMO.

No, it's not. The lad needs to be playing. He's raw and needs game time so he can come back here ready. I want him out on loan, I'm happy about that, but I want him playing and cutting out the errors.

No chance of Evans going to Arsenal. There's very little chance of someone like Pulis trusting Galloway enough to play him at CB even if that wacky transfer took place anyway.

I really hope I'm wrong and he gets plenty of games under his belt but I'm very sceptical.

I agree he needs to be playing but he's not going to get it here

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2016/08/22/galloway-joins-west-brom-on-loan

Can you summarise please C? Brief, transcript?

lol he is the exact opposite of RM. no superfluous adjectives and talking up the player. "he needs to not be in u23, he needs to play at the highest level, west brom contact us, good club for him to play at high level, he's on loan"

edit matt beat me to it :)

Edited by markjazzbassist