IGNORED

Brendan Galloway

• 2 months later...

I don't know how anyone thought it was a good idea to send him there in the first place. It was always pretty much guaranteed he wouldn't get game time.

In theory it sounds like a good idea. Pullis's teams defend well, and he would be getting games in the premiership.

Trouble is Pullis just hasn't played him which is so bad for a player at Galloway's age.

West Brom are having a very good season by their standards, so my questions are why should Pulis throw in a youngster when his defence is going alright? I'm more than happy for him to come back here but is it going to be any different here? He will be on the bench most weeks here, albeit a good option for us and not for someone who is chasing us.

In theory it sounds like a good idea. Pullis's teams defend well, and he would be getting games in the premiership.

Trouble is Pullis just hasn't played him which is so bad for a player at Galloway's age.

The thing is Pulis has form for signing youngsters on loan and then not playing them. I mentioned it at the time of the deal and I feared history would repeat itself. Sadly it's happened. Edited by Romey 1878

poorly drawn up agreement.

to develop players loan agreements should be drawn up in order to penalise the loan club for not playing the player "unused playing fee" more than they pay for using the player.

That's how Barca had out deal with Gerry first time round.

great point Haf, we should use that type of deal as the basis for all our loans. we pay more they play and always have a bring back clause.

• 2 months later...

It was Pulis buying Nyom on (or very close to) deadline day that stuffed up the move. From memory Brunt was still returning from injury, so it was either play Galloway at LB or drag their best CB in Evans out there. That alone probably would've seen him get 10+ games, but in reality I think it was foolish not to make it a 6 month loan, or include a clause to bring if he didn't play a certain amount of games.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I hope he gets game time at CB out on loan at Sunderland, otherwise it's another wasted season.

Make or break for him now. If he does well he'll likely earn a transfer to a decent lower prem team, if he doesn't then it could go all horribly wrong. I cant see him making it at Everton unfortunately.

Make or break for him now. If he does well he'll likely earn a transfer to a decent lower prem team, if he doesn't then it could go all horribly wrong. I cant see him making it at Everton unfortunately.

Yep the minute he was loaned last year and holgate got game time I knew he was gone. Roberto and Ron like different things in their defenders.