IGNORED

Samuel Eto'o

Again showed his class last night. I bleated on and on about how big a signing he would be when we got him and he's already proved me right.

This lad is head and shoulders above anything we have and is arguably one of the best players ever to play for us and I don't say that lightly either. He may be 33 and we wont get 90 minutes week in week out from him . But what a sub to have on the bench. Every time he touches the ball he does something intelligent or useful with it. His movement and vision are world class and he is a team player.

I hope all those who doubted him now realise that he's not a mercenary after a last pay day, he's here to play for real and he will be a massive player for us this season.

I'll even go as far as to say he could turn out to be Martinez best signing for us. Can't put into words who elated I am he's wearing our shirt. First true world class player we've had in a long old time and certainly no Gascoyne or Ginola.

Again showed his class last night. I bleated on and on about how big a signing he would be when we got him and he's already proved me right.

This lad is head and shoulders above anything we have and is arguably one of the best players ever to play for us and I don't say that lightly either. He may be 33 and we wont get 90 minutes week in week out from him . But what a sub to have on the bench. Every time he touches the ball he does something intelligent or useful with it. His movement and vision are world class and he is a team player.

I hope all those who doubted him now realise that he's not a mercenary after a last pay day, he's here to play for real and he will be a massive player for us this season.

I'll even go as far as to say he could turn out to be Martinez best signing for us. Can't put into words who elated I am he's wearing our shirt. First true world class player we've had in a long old time and certainly no Gascoyne or Ginola.

I'm waiting for a full season before I completely hold up my hands. A couple of super-sub performances are nothing to go on - See Victor Anichebe

He is looking like he will dis-spell my doubts though!

Edited by Matt

As in, so far he has come off the bench to make an impact on the game, like Vic did early in his career. Too complex?

Again it comes down to be able to see a player "instantly". That I have seen. There's no need to wait on judgment. What he has shown in very little time on the pitch (in terms if technical ability, reading of the game) is a cut above. I'll say it time and time again I can tell a players ability straight away.

Again it comes down to be able to see a player "instantly". That I have seen. There's no need to wait on judgment. What he has shown in very little time on the pitch (in terms if technical ability, reading of the game) is a cut above. I'll say it time and time again I can tell a players ability straight away.

Then go be a scout, because not a single person in that world has the ability to instantly judge a player. They will go with gut feeling and then research the player to death; training reports, watching them play over many games even seasons. If you have this magical ability, go and put it to good use and find us the next Messi! I'm no longer being sarcastic, I'm serious.

I'll summarize for the umpteenth time... I've not doubted Eto'os quality once. It was his attitude that was my concern, but he has shown in a couple of cameos he is willing to work.

Then go be a scout, because not a single person in that world has the ability to instantly judge a player. They will go with gut feeling and then research the player to death; training reports, watching them play over many games even seasons. If you have this magical ability, go and put it to good use and find us the next Messi! I'm no longer being sarcastic, I'm serious.

I'll summarize for the umpteenth time... I've not doubted Eto'os quality once. It was his attitude that was my concern, but he has shown in a couple of cameos he is willing to work.

No need for a scouting report on Eto'o he's wore the tshirt plenty of times and still has it.

I'm waiting for a full season before I completely hold up my hands. A couple of super-sub performances are nothing to go on - See Victor Anichebe

He is looking like he will dis-spell my doubts though!

Yep I can see why you would want to do that but I promise you you are not going to be disappointed. His unselfish attitude and always looking for a pass shows me already he's a team player. New striker, new club could be forgiven for being a tad selfish and blinkered. Not a bit of it with him.

He's also a winner. Always good to have a winner in a side.

Again, its not his quality that's in question....

He's been all smiles though, throughout his long career he's been involved in very little skirmishes. A lot of them were to do with his national team. Probably full of corrupt officials. He seems a happy go lucky fella.

Yep I can see why you would want to do that but I promise you you are not going to be disappointed. His unselfish attitude and always looking for a pass shows me already he's a team player. New striker, new club could be forgiven for being a tad selfish and blinkered. Not a bit of it with him.

He's also a winner. Always good to have a winner in a side.

He's been all smiles though, throughout his long career he's been involved in very little skirmishes. A lot of them were to do with his national team. Probably full of corrupt officials. He seems a happy go lucky fella.

aaaaaand this is why I've said it looks like he will dis-spell my doubts about his attitude. But I still want to see him reproduce it over the season and not just with a few impressive sub appearances :)