IGNORED

Samuel Eto'o

People on here need to stop judging players on age, loads did it with Barry last summer and look how that worked out. Eto'o was a world class striker and would currently still get into most Premier League teams. If there was a chance we could get him for a year or two on the right terms then we should jump at it. Look what Barry did last season, look what Villa has done at Atletico, look what Raul did for Schalke. We're only linked to him because he's in his twilight years, a few years earlier this would only be a link on April fool's day.

It's not an age thing with him for me, either. I'd have Drogba before him and Drogba's older. Eto'o never has had, doesn't have and never will have the right attitude to play for Everton, whether or not that's to do with money or ego doesn't matter. He's never had it, hasn't got it and never will have it. It might be our loss for the relative few games he might have done well in but striker is a position where we need to try and get some continuity.

• 2 months later...

Perfect player for us. Played for Barcelona in a similar style to us, just for that reason he will be an asset to our squad.

Not the player to take us forward, but perfect for others to learn from for the short term.

Also, already pushed Lukaku out of Chelsea, if anything is going to make sure Lukaku stays hungry, its that.

Edited by markiediow

He still did pretty well last season. 9 goals in 21 league games and 3 in 9 Champions League games. He scored against Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal and a hattrick against Manchester United btw. He's not as lightning quick as he used to be anymore, but you can still see he's top class. I remember this brilliant one touch back heel assist he gave Hazard as well. If we were to be negotiating with him, I would absolutely love him if he still gives off the impression that he wants to play hard for another season or two during those negotiations.

He still did pretty well last season. 9 goals in 21 league games and 3 in 9 Champions League games. He scored against Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal and a hattrick against Manchester United btw. He's not as lightning quick as he used to be anymore, but you can still see he's top class. I remember this brilliant one touch back heel assist he gave Hazard as well. If we were to be negotiating with him, I would absolutely love him if he still gives off the impression that he wants to play hard for another season or two during those negotiations.

I agree, his wages would be a huge stumbling block for me but his link up play was still top class last season once he had got himself fully up to speed again. I think he was much maligned last season due to the media and Mourinho ' s striker comments and whilst he wasn't the Etoo if a few season's back he still made a pretty big contribution.

Not for me - looks to be in rapid decline and will lack real hunger. Seen enough of Everton becoming a final pay day for the likes of Gazza, Ginola, Mark Hughes etc over the years.

You can argue that Barry is an older signing but for me he is a model pro, just like Gough, Weir, Gray etc were. Eto relied on his pace a lot, its not there anymore.

Experienced striker available on a free, last season he showed he is still at the required level, and he has always been ultracompetitive. Off the pitch he's always been an asshole, but on the pitch he's one of the guys that will play his heart out for the team. I'd have him over Koné and Naismith, and for the EL games he'd be my starter.

I'd take him if his attitude off the field does not disrupt the general atmosphere of the club. The club has created a great atmosphere of professionals with a healthy Brit core and that's what gives this club its identity. Martinez will talk to him and he'll decide if Eto'o is up for the task.

Experienced striker available on a free, last season he showed he is still at the required level, and he has always been ultracompetitive. Off the pitch he's always been an asshole, but on the pitch he's one of the guys that will play his heart out for the team. I'd have him over Koné and Naismith, and for the EL games he'd be my starter.

I'd take him if his attitude off the field does not disrupt the general atmosphere of the club. The club has created a great atmosphere of professionals with a healthy Brit core and that's what gives this club its identity. Martinez will talk to him and he'll decide if Eto'o is up for the task.

Personally I would have Naismith over him. And I may cop stick for that. But Naismith works incredibly hard plays for the badge, and regardless of what people may think he is one of our better finishers in the squad. Eto is just looking for a pay packet I'm afraid...

Eto would not be my first choice but if its him or nobody id give him a 1 year contact as an extra body. Could just swerve henan and use the money to pay his wages for a year.

Roberto will bring in a striker before the window shuts im sure.

I can imagine him waiting till the last day now. Our club seems to love abit of deadline fay action. I think thats probly bills theatrical side coming out haha.