IGNORED

Samuel Eto'o

Looks like he's Liverpool's standby in case the Balotelli deal falls through. According to rags he's had a medical, agreed terms and is awaiting the go ahead from LFC.

Relieved! He a mercenary

Surely there are other options rather than Eto.

Have to wonder, are we clutching at straws here?

WTF is so exciting about a money-grabbing, half-arsed, 'I'll try hard today...oh no that was last game' player who doesn't know (or can't remember) how old he is? He never really caught the eye at Chelsea and was never on the pace at all. I think he was too old last year and hasn't got any younger (or maybe he thinks he has!).

Gotta be other options!

Have to wonder, are we clutching at straws here?

WTF is so exciting about a money-grabbing, half-arsed, 'I'll try hard today...oh no that was last game' player who doesn't know (or can't remember) how old he is? He never really caught the eye at Chelsea and was never on the pace at all. I think he was too old last year and hasn't got any younger (or maybe he thinks he has!).

Gotta be other options!

Completely agree. It amazes me that not only have we been linked with this shower of shite but that some fans actually think he could contribute anything other than being an extra body to the cause. It's down to personal opinion but a 33 (so we're told) year old striker who will go to the ACN in January , has exactly been convincing in the PL and will want mega bucks is just not what we can realistically waste what little budget we have on.

I hope that we bring in 1 more striker and I suspect it will be someone off he radar and unexpected like Lukaku was last season more than likely on loan.

Id pay him 100k per week on a one year deal and if it works out and he was worth it then have to option for another year...

I don't think you can bring in an aging striker on loan and pay him more than anyone else at the club. Recipe for discontent; I really don't want him on any terms personally.

I want him here really bad I think he'd be great for us but at 50k a week max. Preferably 40 a week 2 year deal. His wealth of experience will be invaluable to us and I guarantee if he does come he gets plenty of goals.

At 100k a week it's never going to happen at 75 I'd be fuming at 50 I'd be a bit disappointed but glad he was here 35-40 and it's prrfect.

He's a striker not an oracle...........or is he?

He's won everything. Played at the very highest level for the best teams on the planet. Been coached by the best coaches, managed by the best managers he's played on the biggest stages in the highest pressure games, biggest stadiums against the best players in the world.

What he would bring in terms of experience for the likes of Lukaku and other youngsters you cannot put a price on. The guy WAS one of the best players of his time. Granted he's past his best but he still has a lot to offer. He scored goals for Chelsea last season and if he came here he would for us and we'd have the added bonus that our young guns can feed from his wealth of knowledge.

There is no substitute for experience Mark, and Eto even an older Eto wouldn't just bring another body to the squad he would bring with him a lot more and I think it would be invaluable experience to our squad.

Yeah roberto will know better then all of us of course...

But everyone thinks its going to cause if his wages are high but...

For one most of our players have just been handed new contracts and will be well on there way to earnong that amount themselves i wouldnt be suprised if some players at the club wernt in the 70's and 80's

And secondly its not like he was some average premier league striker he is one of the most decorated players in the world and would come i to a team of players who dream to even play in the champions league and this lad has experiance of winning it multipull times... So i dont see how they can be upset if he does get more money as he has acheived more then all of them career was put together at this moment in time.

100k a week, tell him to piss off and find another club stupid enough to pay that wage for a backup striker. 50k a week should pacify him, he should be happy that a club wants him at his age. Greedy sod, he's clearly not in it for the love of the game.

Money is his motivation, so for that reason I'm out.

Giving away your day time job there mate :D

100k per week, when he already has more money than he knows what to do with. Don't care about how positive his experience can be, that attitude would be a cancer in our squad. Part of me is even wondering if I could support him being in our blue shirt, thats how against this move I am.

Giving away your day time job there mate :D

100k per week, when he already has more money than he knows what to do with. Don't care about how positive his experience can be, that attitude would be a cancer in our squad. Part of me is even wondering if I could support him being in our blue shirt, thats how against this move I am.

I work in HR, but yeah we definitely know from experience that mercenaries can upset the balance and harmony.

I'd like to see if we could get Defoe on loan the way we got landon.

I work in HR, but yeah we definitely know from experience that mercenaries can upset the balance and harmony.

Not a dragon then? :P

Defoe is a good shout. 5 years ago I didn't rate him but I've come to accept that he is a decent player who pops up with goals. Bit like Beckford with a better attitude.

If it was between Defoe and Eto'o I would pick Defoe as he would be cheaper on wage a week. Get him on an 8 week loan or something.

I do know what Paddock is saying as well, his experience would be invaluable to the squad. Could mentor Lukaku, great striker but not worth the reported 100k a week.

If it was between Defoe and Eto'o I would pick Defoe as he would be cheaper on wage a week. Get him on an 8 week loan or something.

I do know what Paddock is saying as well, his experience would be invaluable to the squad. Could mentor Lukaku, great striker but not worth the reported 100k a week.

Not at 100k a week for me. Half that at a push.

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/pt-br/news-pt-br/samuel-etoo-assinara-com-o-everton-visitas-medicas-amanha/

Apparently, we've agreed to terms with Eto'o and he will have his medical tomorrow. No idea how to feel about this right now, as many have said, wages will be key.

Edit: Posted from Twiitter from Di Marzio, Italian reporter for sky sports. Is he any good at being ITK of things?

Edited by Toffee_in_LA

If the 100k a week figure is accurate and we sign him then I'm truly baffled. We'll have gone from a club that's careful with what money we have to a club that's just plain reckless. You're talking about paying £10+ million for a 33 year old finished, back-up striker.

Spending a fuck ton on Lukaku made sense, it was an investment, this would be fucking stupid. I couldn't care less about how good he used to be, I care about how good he is now because it's this Samuel Eto'o that will be running out for us.

Edited by Romey 1878