IGNORED

Samuel Eto'o

Of course! You think frank is going to say "we've made an offer and if better offers from bigger clubs fall through then he will be our player" .

You think De Boer is going to say he's optimistic about getting him and getting their fans all excited (cause they are) if he thinks they have absolutely no chance of getting him?

I'm a bit torn on this one. 70% of me thinks merecenary,past his best etc but the other 30% thinks it would be a valuable signing for us. The experience he has and the experiences and knowledge he could share to the younger players could be invaluable. He could potentially become a cult hero

After watching Rom on saturday I actually think he will be a good signing - Rom needs a kick up the backside. A player who has more medals than Rom could imagine may give him that kick.

After watching Rom on Saturday, I'd be more inclined to go for an AMC. Etoo may have more medals but I'm pretty sure he wouldve produced a similar performance considering the lack of chances created.

After watching Rom on Saturday, I'd be more inclined to go for an AMC. Etoo may have more medals but I'm pretty sure he wouldve produced a similar performance considering the lack of chances created.

I think the thing for me with the performance on Saturday is that he was dropping deep - we already had Naismith operating there.

What I wanted to see from Rom was more activity in his movement along the front line - extremely pedestrian and easily picked up by Wes Morgan and Moore all game.

I think the thing for me with the performance on Saturday is that he was dropping deep - we already had Naismith operating there.

What I wanted to see from Rom was more activity in his movement along the front line - extremely pedestrian and easily picked up by Wes Morgan and Moore all game.

Rom didn't have anybody to force them to make a play on anyone but him. Naismith was coming too deep, not running with the ball and passing it backwards 90% of the time. Baines, Pienaar and McGeady weren't getting to the byline to put in crosses either. We played with the wings but were very narrow with our approach to getting the ball in the box. And, with no central creative player or someone to run with the ball and bring players out of position, Rom was kind of on his own with only long balls and scraps to feed off of.

I saw him make a lot of runs. But, I also saw Naismith get the ball at his feet, never once look up ahead, and pass it off immediately backwards.

The two of them can't play in that system, if we expect goals to come from Rom. He occupies defenders and allows others to score. But, he was never going to get much of the ball, the way we were set up.

That said, Rom still should've won at least one of the long ball headers he was up for. It really is pitiful to watch that game in, game out.

Again, the dropping deep was out of frustration because he was never given a chance. All strikers do it which is why I dont think Etoo is the answer.

Despite all that though, he didn't do himself any favours and I hope Martinez says whatever he needs to say to get the lad going. He was terrible.

He really does look heavy legged, he stands underneath where the ball is falling and jumps late and not very high. Dunc needs to work on him.

The problem we are seeing is what I stated before signing him, teams know how to counter him - stick tight to him, don't allow him to turn.

He can create space and opportunities by making dummy runs, to allow Naismith space for example, Nais did this very well on saturday - peeling off and running between centre half and full back.

whatever RM needs to do with Rom to get him going, he needs to do it quick. I'm giving the lad a chance, albit with a fair amount of trepidation after last year and the world cup.

He really does look heavy legged, he stands underneath where the ball is falling and jumps late and not very high. Dunc needs to work on him.

The problem we are seeing is what I stated before signing him, teams know how to counter him - stick tight to him, don't allow him to turn.

He can create space and opportunities by making dummy runs, to allow Naismith space for example, Nais did this very well on saturday - peeling off and running between centre half and full back.

whatever RM needs to do with Rom to get him going, he needs to do it quick. I'm giving the lad a chance, albit with a fair amount of trepidation after last year and the world cup.

I would be more than happy to work with him and I would only charge the club a few free pints of Chang

The more I thought about it. The more it makes sense.

I don't really want him eating up wages (which must be huge) but he was Chelsea's best striker last year and got them a fair few goals.

I wouldn't like it but could see it happening.

I could've been Chelseas best striker last season.

I just think he is the wrong sort of character to have in our team, and wages would be better spent elsewhere.

I could've been Chelseas best striker last season.

I just think he is the wrong sort of character to have in our team, and wages would be better spent elsewhere.

That's my only worry, his character. Would he disrupt the harmony of the squad.

His experience would be invaluable and he will most definitely get us goals.

Having him on the bench will make me really confident that we have a player to get us a goal from the bench if we need one.

He has always been a quality player, I don't understand the comments about his character. Has been a gobshite? I don't recall him being like that. One of the best performances of a player who helps his team rather than be a big time Charlie was the Inter/Barca champs league semi. Somebody got sent off for Inter and Mourininho changed him to play as a right sided forward and he worked his balls off and for me was the reason Inter won the game.

He has always been a quality player, I don't understand the comments about his character. Has been a gobshite? I don't recall him being like that. One of the best performances of a player who helps his team rather than be a big time Charlie was the Inter/Barca champs league semi. Somebody got sent off for Inter and Mourininho changed him to play as a right sided forward and he worked his balls off and for me was the reason Inter won the game.

Hahha exactly my thoughts mate. I know he has been payed stupid amounts of money in his career. But whats wrong with his attitude??... Especially when people are banging on about bringing in ben arfa ect?? He has the real attitude probelm.

Would i want one of the most decorated strikers in world football in our team? Yes i would.

His experience would be vital in our young squad and he can still play abit aswell.

Edited by Jackelz