IGNORED

Samuel Eto'o

Can't believe we have that money to spend. Might have made sense last January to blow our load on a mercenary to get us over the line, but doesn't make sense to me now. I'd much rather take a flier on a couple relative unknowns.

As to Eto'o being a mentor just have a look at the Cameroon squad, he didn't exactly oversee a generation of disciplined professionals did he?

I have to think the wages quoted are wrong. Would we really cast asunder our whole club structure on a player who has no resale and at most two years left in him?

If the 100k a week figure is accurate and we sign him then I'm truly baffled. We'll have gone from a club that's careful with what money we have to a club that's just plain reckless. You're talking about paying £10+ million for a 33 year old finished, back-up striker.Spending a fuck ton on Lukaku made sense, it was an investment, this would be fucking stupid. I couldn't care less about how good he used to be, I care about how good he is now because it's this Samuel Eto'o that will be running out for us.

Seems he scored 9 goals in 21 appearances for Chelsea last season. Still virtually a 1:2 striker then. I'd have him.

If the 100k a week figure is accurate and we sign him then I'm truly baffled. We'll have gone from a club that's careful with what money we have to a club that's just plain reckless. You're talking about paying £10+ million for a 33 year old finished, back-up striker.

Spending a fuck ton on Lukaku made sense, it was an investment, this would be fucking stupid. I couldn't care less about how good he used to be, I care about how good he is now because it's this Samuel Eto'o that will be running out for us.

Spot on. That's why it has to be 40-50k or fuck right off.

Saw someone mentioned the deal was;

100k for 1 year contract.

50k for 2 year contract

Do you mean 100k for the first year of the contract and then 50k a week for the second year? Or were those the options on the table for him, cause then he'd be an imbecile if he opted for the 2 year contract.

Do you mean 100k for the first year of the contract and then 50k a week for the second year? Or were those the options on the table for him, cause then he'd be an imbecile if he opted for the 2 year contract.

Maybe? I scanned an article before. Read it like that but could be as you've stated.

Our club topscorers:

04-05: Tim Cahill with 11 league goals

05-06: James Beattie with 10 league goals

06-07: Andy Johnson with 11 league goals

07-08: Yakubu with 13 league goals

08-09: Marouane Fellaini and Tim Cahill with 8 league goals

09-10: Louis Saha with 13 league goals

10-11: Tim Cahill with 9 league goals

11-12: Nikica Jelavic with 9 league goals

12-13: Marouane Fellaini with 11 league goals

13-14: Lukaku with 15 league goals

Now we'll have Eto'o - 9 league goals in just 21 games last year for Chelsea, who face teams with even more defensive approaches than we do - to be a backup to Lukaku. Hopefully Koné will be back in another month or two as well. Should be the best trio of centre forwards we've had in the last 10 years.

again, i am a newcomer to all of this but it seems to be a move to really make a push for top 6 with an outside shot at top 4. i think if we can get to top 6, that means more money coming in. i sense ownership feels they are close to getting some serious influx of money so they made the decision to spend. you have to spend money to make money and that's what everton seems to be doing now. 2 year deal will not cripple the franchise.

Love him to be here for the right wages. And I have no doubt that we will only offer what we can afford. Some make out its lunacy to pay him 100k per week...well its lunacy to get angry about something you don't factually know. You nutters.

This mercenary stuff is bollocks too.

Be a good experienced presence in our squad. Lukaku will learn loads from him. His honors list is huge. Goal scoring record at the highest level impressive. And he'll sell shirts.

Some make out its lunacy to pay him 100k per week...well its lunacy to get angry about something you don't factually know. You nutters

And that's why the word if was used. If you only talk about things we know for a fact you may as well shut forums like this down, it's rumours etc that give us something to talk about because we never get to know the ins and outs. Speculation is the heart beat of TT :P.

Let's not forget that Eto'o can also play out wide. He's versatile across the front 3.

Will be a great signing. I'm not even thinking of the money. If the club are putting it down it must be there. We know our board very well, if there's no money they WONT spend.

Get this wrapped up quick Everton!

Welcome buddy.

We really need top 4 to break into the Champions League. The fifth and sixth place get you a date with the CL's fat and ugly friend. We finished 5th last season.

thanks but i see that finishing 5th allowed us to spend on rom and now eto'o. more finishes close to top 4 will continue that trend imho.

thanks but i see that finishing 5th allowed us to spend on rom and now eto'o. more finishes close to top 4 will continue that trend imho.

I think that was more to do with the new league-wide tv-deal than with our league finish? Finishing 5th or 7th is just like a 3 mil difference or something like that, no?

The huge increase in tv money and not spending the money we brought in by selling players has allowed us to spend this summer. Finishing 5th won't have made that much of a difference to what we've done this summer.