IGNORED

Tired of being POOR

Same every year. We need quality brought in that's the most worrying thing.

Barry

Lukaku

Deulofeu

All quality players that need replacing. Our best signings came on the final day of the window last season so I'm expecting the same. It's much more exciting on deadline day when you haven't made big signings to date.

We need about 6 players.... At least 3 need to be top quality. I don't think we've got a budget for that.

Edited by MiguelCotto

i have been holding back from posting here because i've been trying to wait it out and see what happens. but after seeing a lot of great players, good players, decent players, even bad players get snatched up, i'm wondering whats going on. did bob have too much fun in brazil? if barry won't sign or is holding back, then negotiations 101 is get linked to younger better player at same position.

why don't we get linked with schneiderlin, or actual players of quality. it's like we just got elected prom king and the only girls that we're asking out are busted 6 out of 10's.

Same every year. We need quality brought in that's the most worrying thing.

Barry

Lukaku

Deulofeu

All quality players that need replacing. Our best signings came on the final day of the window last season so I'm expecting the same. It's much more exciting on deadline day when you haven't made big signings to date.

We need about 6 players.... At least 3 need to be top quality. I don't think we've got a budget for that.

The last day of the transfer window wasn't very exciting in January ! [emoji20]

I was wrong, I have more to say.

We have two keepers. Tim & Joel.

Two left backs. Baines & Oviedo.

Two right backs. Coleman & Hibbo.

Four centre backs. Stones, Jags, Distin & Alcaraz.

Two centre mids. McCarthy & Osman.

Four attacking mids. Mirallas, Barkley, McGeady & Pienaar.

Two forwards. Kone & Naismith.

I don't think we are that threadbare. I think we need a centre mid or two, an attacking mid or two and a forward. I'd be happy with that personally. For me the players we do have are the strongest we've had for years. If we do add Lukaku & Barry, another mid and a winger I'll go into this season full of confidence.

We aren't in the premium player market, just coooool it chaps. Honestly if someone wanted me to turn this into a kenwright is a big hairy ballbag thread then I can but there is nothing untoward going on. Let's see what happens in next two weeks.

Edited by Hafnia

Two centre mids. McCarthy & Osman.

Four attacking mids. Mirallas, Barkley, McGeady & Pienaar.

Two forwards. Kone & Naismith.

I don't think we are that threadbare. I think we need a centre mid or two, an attacking mid or two and a forward. I'd be happy with that personally. For me the players we do have are the strongest we've had for years. If we do add Lukaku & Barry, another mid and a winger I'll go into this season full of confidence.

I would call an 19 man squad very threadbare ( I've included Barry) especially seeing as though 8 of them are defenders

That us nowhere near enough bodies to be going into a European campaign

Plenty of time for Roberto to put it right but presently we have a wafer thin squad,

What happens if Naismith gets injured while Kone is away at ACON?

Four centre mids. McCarthy, Barry, Gibson & Osman.

Four attacking mids. Mirallas, Barkley, McGeady, Pienaar & Grant

Three forwards. Kone, Naismith & McAleny

Id be hoping we see more of our youngsters to beef up the squad, the 2 Conors for example and you forgot Gibson

I count a base squad of 21 with additions to be expected.

Edited by Matt

I would call an 19 man squad very threadbare ( I've included Barry) especially seeing as though 8 of them are defenders

That us nowhere near enough bodies to be going into a European campaign

Plenty of time for Roberto to put it right but presently we have a wafer thin squad,

What happens if Naismith gets injured while Kone is away at ACON?

I'll just assume you didn't read my last paragraph about strengthening the midfield and forwards then.

Brett Angel is the reason that I despise a lot of our fan-base.

What a shower of clueless nob-jockeys. If you channeled all your crying and whinging into singing and shouting on a Saturday then Goodison would be blowing the windows out of people's windows in Perth. It's absolutely embarrassing that a club as big as Everton has so many idiots claiming to support it.

What a shower of clueless nob-jockeys. If you channeled all your crying and whinging into singing and shouting on a Saturday then Goodison would be blowing the windows out of people's windows in Perth. It's absolutely embarrassing that a club as big as Everton has so many idiots claiming to support it.

Is that your mother's arse in that picture?

Come on mate

I remember the days of constant relegation battles and hoof balls while being a school kid. We've come a long way since then but there definitely is an air of a self imposed glass ceiling holding us back. With the amount of players we have sold and the ridiculous TV money coming in it's about time the board truly backed the manager to achieve something rather than almost achieve something. We have one of the best young managers in the world game, we have, in my opinion, the best young spine of a team in the premier league. It's about time we spent some money and got ourselves back to where we belong rather than being a "nearly" team.

How can the board back the manager when they haven't got a pot to piss in? It's not as though we can go out and buy 11 Seamus Colemans at 60k each.

Until the board moves on the manager won't be backed. The money's not there. Unless we want to borrow another £50m we just have to accept it. The glass ceiling can be broke with a consistent £25m injection every season. No big player sales.

Under this board we are operating solely as a business not a toy. We buy players cheap and sell them on at a profit. We bring players through and sell them at a profit. That's just how we work and in the world of business that's a good thing. We keep the books as tight as possible.

What I wouldn't want is a board who keep borrowing until we do a Portsmouth or a Leeds.

How can the board back the manager when they haven't got a pot to piss in? It's not as though we can go out and buy 11 Seamus Colemans at 60k each.

Until the board moves on the manager won't be backed. The money's not there. Unless we want to borrow another £50m we just have to accept it. The glass ceiling can be broke with a consistent £25m injection every season. No big player sales.

Under this board we are operating solely as a business not a toy. We buy players cheap and sell them on at a profit. We bring players through and sell them at a profit. That's just how we work and in the world of business that's a good thing. We keep the books as tight as possible.

What I wouldn't want is a board who keep borrowing until we do a Portsmouth or a Leeds.

Can you please provide some evidence here?

Can you please provide some evidence here?

It's pretty obvious Matt that there is absolutely no money. (Apart from player sales). TV money Im not sure is available either. Maybe this now covers the yearly loan we used to take out from that company Vibrac? (Probably Earl) which had a reasonably large interest rate. If that's the case so be it.

What annoys me is when people try and indicate the board is someway laundering money out of the club. It's absolute tripe. The board throw back in Transfer money when we have sold. It always happens. Therefore if there was ever any spare cash available I've no doubt it will go on new players.

These other operating costs is not money going missing. For me it's people calling their debts in. I.e Green who I fully believe threw a good few million in 7-8 years ago. That's my theory but I fully believe it.

Green owns the shares, Earl is the front.

It's pretty obvious Matt that there is absolutely no money. (Apart from player sales). TV money Im not sure is available either. Maybe this now covers the yearly loan we used to take out from that company Vibrac? (Probably Earl) which had a reasonably large interest rate. If that's the case so be it.

What annoys me is when people try and indicate the board is someway laundering money out of the club. It's absolute tripe. The board throw back in Transfer money when we have sold. It always happens. Therefore if there was ever any spare cash available I've no doubt it will go on new players.

These other operating costs is not money going missing. For me it's people calling their debts in. I.e Green who I fully believe threw a good few million in 7-8 years ago. That's my theory but I fully believe it.

Green owns the shares, Earl is the front.

Is there any proof?

The proof is in the pudding. We only spend big when we've sold big.

We had to borrow £13m a year to keep our heads above water.

The debt has actually reduced, we "should" have a kitty based on players sold, we should have a bit of extra cash with TV deal and last years revenue...

I'm all for getting that useless bunch of idiots out of the club, my patience with them ended a long time ago. The fans have had to suffer with PR fools covering up these idiots. The only saving grace has been the managers that Bill recruited. The managers are the reason that the debt reduced.

I keep myself pretty quiet on such matters nowadays, all Bill has to do is the odd TV appearance, hire a good manager and all is forgotten. I look into it more than that, yes he loves the club, but he "loves his position at the club more". We should be playing football in a 60,000 river side arena having had the club taken over by investors who know how to run a "comercially sound football club". Comercially we are a joke, really we are abysmal and its a problem from Boardroom to club staff. There is no professionalism whatsoever.

Money to spend £30m on player etc??? It ain't gonna happen, we will operate at a mid table budget level, fans will rise and sit down according to what is happening on the pitch - there will be squabbles between fans who support Bill and those who have had enough.

We aren't far away from being a very very capable side and after that World Cup I actually don't want to see us spending £30-40m on a foreign superstar. We should look to change the trend and sign English youngsters. We really aren't that far away.