IGNORED

Tired of being POOR

I write this on the back of what's been one of the most frustrating summer's to date. If we had finished tenth last season or worse still in and about the relegation zone I wouldn't be arsed about the summer dealings cause (a) we wouldn't be able to attract anyone and (B) we wouldn't have a penny through the league position.

With tv rights and money from the fellaini deal my sums dont work out to bills at present. It's as though there is payments amiss somewhere where it's eating into this supposed money.

I am more frustrated with watching how much our neighbours are spending. They fall down the shitter and come up with a fiver and I'm sick of it.

I understand stability I really do but lets be honest if you went to JD with your grandad he would ultimately grind you down into buying the cheapest pair of hi-tech. This is how I am now feeling with with BK at the moment and the running of the club's finances.

We have overacheived for years now based on what else is in the premiership and the money thrown at them but I am getting a really horrible feeling that within the next season or so we are going to crash with an almighty bang.

It's ok with people backing the board and how astute they are financially whilst we stay with the big boys but not before long there will be a summer transfer when the gap gets too great and mid table awaits for pointless season after pointless season with seasons tickets still being sold in numbers.

Finally, please don't move this topic to 'bill kenwright' this deserves to have it's own thread!!!!!!

What's your thoughts on the above and type with the heart not with the predictive dribble you think you are supposed to when supporting EFC?

Edited by Brett Angel

Ill reserve judgement until the we have done our business. Liverpool are throwing silly money at players at the moment and they are in the process of selling their star for £75mil so its no wonder they can do that! Emre Can is probably the best piece of business they have done this window but will any of those signings improve them if they lose Suarez? Of course it wont...

There are still lots of good players knocking around and hopefully Martinez and Bill are going to be bringing them on board.

To Matt- it doesn't matter how long there is, if all the good players are being snapped up.

To patto- grandads deserve it. Stuck in the old age.

To Bailey- I can't guarantee anything like you can't guarantee that liverpool would be any better without suarez there but it would only be advantageous to buy rather than stick or sell.

To Tonkaroost - why give it time if it's a world cup season, everyone else is doing business now.

It always seems like we do well in the transfer market (from Donovan's 2 loan moves when I first started following the team to Jelavic coming in and taking the league by storm to Mirallas/Oviedo/Stones 2 seasons ago). It is very frustrating don't get me wrong, especially seeing all these other teams signing players, but I give the board the benefit of the doubt and will wait patiently for them to make moves.

It always seems like we do well in the transfer market (from Donovan's 2 loan moves when I first started following the team to Jelavic coming in and taking the league by storm to Mirallas/Oviedo/Stones 2 seasons ago). It is very frustrating don't get me wrong, especially seeing all these other teams signing players, but I give the board the benefit of the doubt and will wait patiently for them to make moves.

So far wevewe've had one exit and no signings. We are officially worse off from last season. Tell Rom to ho fuck himself and start the ball rolling cause it seems to me that the holding back of all of this is Barry and roms decision.

Ask him dies he wish to sign if he waits for offers fuck him off. No one is bigger than the club.

Gotta be honest, even I'm starting to feel a bit frustrated. And to be fair, it is only because others are making signings, mainly because redshite are doing business. First thing I do is read transfer updates on sky sports app when i get in from work. And tonight it seems particularly lively. Hence my frustrations. I also am starting to dislike the idea that we MIGHT be waiting for Barry and Lukaku to decide what they want to do. Surely we have given them decision deadlines?

However, then I get my rational head back on. It'll be ok. Roberto knows what he is doing. The new boys will come rolling in soon.

Edited to take out predictive text 'corrections'!!!

Edited by Newty82

I write this on the back of what's been one of the most frustrating summer's to date. If we had finished tenth last season or worse still in and about the relegation zone I wouldn't be arsed about the summer dealings cause (a) we wouldn't be able to attract anyone and ( B) we wouldn't have a penny through the league position.

With tv rights and money from the fellaini deal my sums dont work out to bills at present. It's as though there is payments amiss somewhere where it's eating into this supposed money.

** How do you know what finances are in place to compare to your own? I really don't know how you can assume "amiss payments" or something else amiss without knowing what sort of money is available.

I am more frustrated with watching how much our neighbours are spending. They fall down the shitter and come up with a fiver and I'm sick of it.

** Happens every season nothing new and never seem's to make much if any difference

I understand stability I really do but lets be honest if you went to JD with your grandad he would ultimately grind you down into buying the cheapest pair of hi-tech. This is how I am now feeling with with BK at the moment and the running of the club's finances.

We have overacheived for years now based on what else is in the premiership and the money thrown at them but I am getting a really horrible feeling that within the next season or so we are going to crash with an almighty bang.

**We haven't overachieved we've been more astute and smart when it comes to the type of players we bring in structured payments wages and so on compared to most other clubs as said just look at Spurs Newcastle and so on millions spent great individual talent pretty shite as a side...

**Again I can't see your logic in us crashing with an almighty bang? We are more financially stable than we have been for years have a great squad albeit small a great manager if any clubs have the potential to crash and burn it's the clubs you seem to envy, with financial fair play coming into effect clubs such s City Chelsea United and Liverpool will struggle more than ever to keep inline and frivolously spend .

It's ok with people backing the board and how astute they are financially whilst we stay with the big boys but not before long there will be a summer transfer when the gap gets too great and mid table awaits for pointless season after pointless season with seasons tickets still being sold in numbers.

Finally, please don't move this topic to 'bill kenwright' this deserves to have it's own thread!!!!!!

What's your thoughts on the above and type with the heart not with the predictive dribble you think you are supposed to when supporting EFC?

** I fully appreciate anyone being frustrated but most of what you've said is presumptuous shite tbh IMO

To Matt- it doesn't matter how long there is, if all the good players are being snapped up.

To patto- grandads deserve it. Stuck in the old age.

To Bailey- I can't guarantee anything like you can't guarantee that liverpool would be any better without suarez there but it would only be advantageous to buy rather than stick or sell.

To Tonkaroost - why give it time if it's a world cup season, everyone else is doing business now.

like Barry, McCarthy and Lukaku?

Sorry, but argument is spouted every season "everyone is spending, we're not, so some day there's going to be a gap and we'll fall behind". The argument has been going for about a decade and so far.... Well, it's proven wrong.

Yes, we need investment. Yes the board (the ones actually responsible, not the chairman) haven't pulled their weight. But this argument, despite your frustrations been well founded, is old, tired and repeatedly proven wrong...

I had hoped we'd have at least one quality signing in by now - not someone like Traore or Barry because they were already here and wouldn't be adding to the numbers like we need.

But, I'm not worried about us falling behind or that we won't get players in. I'm just frustrated because I firmly believe the earlier you get players in the better it is. I'd like players to have a full pre-season with us, not having to learn on the fly once the season is up and running.

I feel your frustration man I really do. First thing I do in the morning is come on here & check to see if there's any movement in the transfer market only to be disapointed day after day. Fuck the world cup it doesn't come close to quenching my thirst for football during the summer, only Everton can. Thing is, year after year the bulk of the business is done last minute. As frustrating as it is that's the reality of the situation. If deadline day comes & goes & we haven't done the necessary business I'll be first on here kicking off but until then we have to trust that Bobby & Bill know what they're doing. What's the alternative? Support another team with more money? Fuck that! None of us chose after all, we were chosen.

You call last season stagnation?

Beat me to it Mike

You have no idea of my views on progression I actually share a similar stand point to Haf and co with regards to the board and financial shortcomings in various areas. In terms of stagnating we have a relatively young and well respected manager with one of the best outlooks on football in this league who has managed to get us European football in his first season.

We've tied players down on long term deals and have one or two of English footballs brightest stars coming through along with the club being in it's best financial state in over a decade!

I'd love our dealings to be done and dusted early doors as much as the next man but I've just got used to us leaving it late and it's never done us any harm then so I can't see why it would now.

As said I understand your frustration but your outlook and points from us not signing anyone yet came across as presumptuous shite to me no offense just an honest opinion mate

Naah. The charm of being Everton (nowadays) is the fact that we end up between 5th and 7th spot year after year with a fraction of the financial means of our competitors. I don't think we're really poor, but there's no question that we cannot afford to buy the same players as the 6 big teams of this league. Or even some of the smaller teams sometimes outshine EFC in terms of financial capabilities. I think it's good to have EFC in this league. Otherwise it'll literally be all about the money. Perhaps we can't get a title, but the fact that 'poor' Everton can finish ahead of way richer teams like Manchester United, Spurs or Newcastle gives the EPL a touch of authenticity. Or do you want another Spurs?

I can understand the frustration but that's part and parcel of being an Evertonian

It doesn't help that I just don't know what to expect because as much as the summer window was a roaring success I think the January window was a complete disaster

It's still early doors but I can't remember a time when our squad has ever been so threadbare. I could relax a little if we only needed to add one or two players but we need a major influx so the sooner we start recruiting the better

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

I feel your frustration man I really do. First thing I do in the morning is come on here & check to see if there's any movement in the transfer market only to be disapointed day after day. Fuck the world cup it doesn't come close to quenching my thirst for football during the summer, only Everton can. Thing is, year after year the bulk of the business is done last minute. As frustrating as it is that's the reality of the situation. If deadline day comes & goes & we haven't done the necessary business I'll be first on here kicking off but until then we have to trust that Bobby & Bill know what they're doing. What's the alternative? Support another team with more money? Fuck that! None of us chose after all, we were chosen.

Haha Cringed at that, but loved it at the same time!

The whole signing players early to give them time to get used to the style etc I agree with, but this doesn't mean just go out and buy players because they are available now, most teams haven't even reported back yet, players are still sat off on holiday gooseing decent birds for another week or so and the manager is still in Brazil, I'd be more bothered about the lack of signings come mid August if we're still in the same position, but as a few people have said I reckon we'll be ok.

If the goal was to spend as much money as possible then Everton would have been relegated ages ago and QPR would have won the league in 2013. I'd rather Martinez take his time and make the right, calculated moves than throw money around at first chance just so we can compete in a dick measuring contest with Liverpool and Chelsea.

Last time around Martinez waited until literally the final hour to make his moves, and I think everyone will agree it was for the best. It would thus seem a bit silly to freak out because of a lack of movement in early July.

Naah. The charm of being Everton (nowadays) is the fact that we end up between 5th and 7th spot year after year with a fraction of the financial means of our competitors. I don't think we're really poor, but there's no question that we cannot afford to buy the same players as the 6 big teams of this league. Or even some of the smaller teams sometimes outshine EFC in terms of financial capabilities. I think it's good to have EFC in this league. Otherwise it'll literally be all about the money. Perhaps we can't get a title, but the fact that 'poor' Everton can finish ahead of way richer teams like Manchester United, Spurs or Newcastle gives the EPL a touch of authenticity. Or do you want another Spurs?

If iI remeremember right, spurs where in the CL not so long afoago ago so I don't know why everyone is using them as an example.

If the goal was to spend as much money as possible then Everton would have been relegated ages ago and QPR would have won the league in 2013. I'd rather Martinez take his time and make the right, calculated moves than throw money around at first chance just so we can compete in a dick measuring contest with Liverpool and Chelsea.

Last time around Martinez waited until literally the final hour to make his moves, and I think everyone will agree it was for the best. It would thus seem a bit silly to freak out because of a lack of movement in early July.

That wasnt really the case. By this time last year we had brought in Roubles, Kone and Alcaraz, we had also already had bids for McCarthy turned down.While I would agree its too early to start panicking I think we are even more desperate for players now than we were this time last year and so we need to start getting players in soon

Its all about permutations folks, try and chill. My guess is that if Lukaku comes for £15m then RM will have his "Lukaku + cheaper other targets"... if Lukaku goes elsewhere then we will no doubt have more expensive others.

He may not even be looking at Lukaku, could be a smoke screen.

I can understand the frustration but that's part and parcel of being an Evertonian

It doesn't help that I just don't know what to expect because as much as the summer window was a roaring success I think the January window was a complete disaster

It's still early doors but I can't remember a time when our squad has ever been so threadbare. I could relax a little if we only needed to add one or two players but we need a major influx so the sooner we start recruiting the better

think that's what is worrying most people...certainly the case for me