IGNORED

Landon Donovan

he's done a decent job but I haven't been wowed by him. Just think how good we would be if we could get someone as good as Pienaar on the RW! I'd like us to sign someone with pace in the Summer if possible, that being said, Osman, Bily and Anichebe could all probably do a job there if necessary - but still, it's definitely the weak link in our midfield.

I'm sure Landon is smart enough to know why those players he's 'set to replace' are looking for a way out of that club!

Seems abit obvious to me that if a player with the ability of Deco wants to leave the club then its obviously a no go area. And lets face it, he'll only be sat on the bench anyway. I'd love to see him move here permanently and hopefully DM can sort something out, tbh Landon seems like a pretty switched on guy and he seemed to enjoy his time here and you only had to see the emotion from the fans and players when he scored against Hull at the weekend how much he is appreciated.. so with all that in mind i think if he does come to the EPL then i'd put money on him coming to us :)

Cant say i will be that bothered either way to be honest. While he hasnt been as bad as i thought he would be, he has hardly set the world alight neither. Some very uninspiring performances in the cups especially.

If we can get him for 2 or 3m then ok but for 6m there is better and younger out there

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news//tm_headline=everton-fc-facing-battle-to-extend-landon-donovan-8217-s-stay%26method=full%26objectid=25990905%26siteid=92534-name_page.html

“I have told the Galaxy what I want, they know what’s going on and I speak to my manager there fairly often and at this point it is an Everton and LA Galaxy conversation."

i dont think its the fact of just his performances it is his attitude towards the club, the ease of which he has fit in and just the fact he can run like a whippet!! i agree some have been pretty shoddy but to be fair that was the same games the whole team were shockin...and for this reason i cant see him bein a match winner too often but he is a great outlet and we look a lot more dangerous on the counter with someone like him!

In both of the last two games, when he has come on in place of Vic we instantly looked more threatening.

Agreed he can have a stinker now and then, but that can be said of most of the team, but he does bring us the pace that we so lack most of the time.

In both of the last two games, when he has come on in place of Vic we instantly looked more threatening.

Agreed he can have a stinker now and then, but that can be said of most of the team, but he does bring us the pace that we so lack most of the time.

He stunk against Spurs, culminating in the miss of the season

He stunk against Spurs, culminating in the miss of the season

Very bad miss of course, but stunk?

From the moment he came on we were really applying the pressure against Spurs, he chased everything, harried Spurs defenders and his link ups and one twos created more than one opening!

Very bad miss of course, but stunk?

From the moment he came on we were really applying the pressure against Spurs, he chased everything, harried Spurs defenders and his link ups and one twos created more than one opening!

The guy who changed the Spurs game, was the dutch psycho when he was moved forward. LD did v little

The guy who changed the Spurs game, was the dutch psycho when he was moved forward. LD did v little

Did very little?!? He scored, laid on Rodwell's goal with a perfect little pull back, and played a sublime first-time cross into the Yak's feet for what should have been a straight-forward tap in - what part of that is 'very little'?!

Did very little?!? He scored, laid on Rodwell's goal with a perfect little pull back, and played a sublime first-time cross into the Yak's feet for what should have been a straight-forward tap in - what part of that is 'very little'?!

Against Spurs? Oh right you didnt read my post did you! LOL

We looked a better side when Landon came on against Spurs and it's a pretty tough task to change a game from the bench when a teams playing like shite, He's a good player who has slotted in aswell as anyone we have had and fills a void in our team that we are weak in so 6m in todays world if true would be a great buy for me.

This is all still dependent on the collective bargaining agreement between MLS and the players union, which has not been sorted.

Toronto FC’s Nick Garcia, one of their player representatives, is throwing down the gauntlet.

“We are united as a union and if we need to strike, we will,” he told the CBC. “We’re anticipating not having the season starting (on time). As of now, for us, we’re very far apart — even with the mediator there in D.C. We’re hoping things can get done, but quite frankly I don’t think we’re confident things will.”

Oh, and that starting the season under the old CBA idea?

Not happening, according to Garcia.

“We’re not prepared do that,” the said. “That’s one thing we are not going to (do). We are prepared and willing to not start the season with the current CBA.”

http://www.majorleaguesoccertalk.com/mls-players-union-still-talking-for-now/8385