IGNORED

Landon Donovan

ITV commentary said Heskey had a great game! I obviously wasn't watching the same game as I thought except for one pass he was awful. He's slow, can't finish, was caught offside nearly everytime it went forward and nearly killed Howard. Couldn't work out why J. Cole wasn't played. On another note, loved the fact Carragher got skinned. I hate the whinger, go back to retirement!

to play devils advocate, he did setup the goal. Thought this thread was for Lando, shouldnt be polluting it with talk of donkey or any of the red shite...

As I said there was one good pass, that was it though. Back on subject I thought Donovan was superb for them he was everywhere and kept Cole quiet all match.

I think Heskey did alright tbh. I thought he brought others into the game well and better than any of the other England strikers could have, which was shown when Crouch came on. Having said that he cant finish for shit and Im not too sure how you can play a striker that doesnt score goals. Having said that Rooney was worse imo.

I also have no idea why J Cole didnt play, he is our best winger but for some reason Capello doesnt like him that much.

I also have no idea how Carragher has become our 4th choice CB even though he has been crap for Liverpool this year and is shit. He also got skinned by Altidore and put in some very rash challenges so I dont think we wil see much more of him.

IMO Gerrard had a very good first 30mins or so but he got skinned by Dempsey for the goal which should never have happened and he seemed to get quieter as the game went on, but at least he was more involved than Lampard.

Anyway back to Donovan, i thought he had a good game, especially 1st half. His delivery from crosses and set pieces is quality and on another day he could have easily have had a couple of assists. He did well tracking cole and also skinned him a couple of times. However I still think he goes a bit quiet in games and doesnt always offer himself for a pass as he should.

As for our other Yank, well played Tim Howard. Not many of the saves were too difficult for him but he was certainly the difference!

I just think people are being a little blinkered when it comes to Heskey.

He had a decent game last night, he won absolutely everything in the air all night and set up Gerrards goal. I think it was a really good target mans performance

Granted he was regularly caught offside but every decent attack we had on the night went through Heskey but he is the whipping boy so everyone jumps on his back

Back to topic. Even Capello said he took Milner off due to the fact he was worried he would be sent off as Landon was bumming him. £30 million pound player took to the cleaners. I think its obvious if we dont get him somebody in the prem will offer the right money.

not sure about that, he had said previously that if he was to play again in the EPL it would only be Everton. Would like to think he wouldnt change his mind because the money is flashed in his face.

Edited by galacticaracnid

I hope for once a footballer actually sticks to his word. If he turned down other seemingly bigger clubs to come here, he'd be a legend for life! Sadly, footballers talk alot of shit to please people. Landon himself slagged off Beckham for prolonging his loan at Milan, calling him unfaithful, then he tried to extend his stay here!

We've got to get him - he loves us - we love him - it's like a soap romance!!!

Think moyes should make him his number 1 target this summer. We always have about £10m to scrape together each summer without selling, I would hope £6-8m is set aside for Landon, then we can talk about who we're going to sell to make the rest of our budget up. Get him signed Moysie!!!

It was a great strike but absolutely shocking goalkeeping... The guy was already in the net when Donovon hit it and should have been coming forward instead.

Yup...I said it in the shoutbox...he flinched like a kid not wanting to be hit by the ball :mellow: .

i was disappointed with his actions when Alitdore was sent tumbling and Lando start waving that imaginary card. When the card did come out and it was yellow, he looked disgusted. Thought he was better than that....

Edited by galacticaracnid