IGNORED

Landon Donovan

I hope he can perform well for Everton for the teams benefit and for the benefit of the image of American soccer players playing in Europe. If he meets or excides Moyes' expectations that's not only great for Everton and how Europeans view American players but it will give him confidence that he could actually sige a permanent deal in the EPL in the future. I would hope he knows what he's up against in proving he is worthy and has the quality and smarts to make it in his 10 week stint playing against some of the best teams in the world. He's had a chance in Germany so if he doesn't make the most of his Everton chance his value and the interest in him will all but disappear. Hope it works out well for all. A lot of us on this side of the Atlantic will be watching. As I said in my introduction for new members to this site, I’m not an Everton fanatic but I am a Premier League fanatic as we are getting more and more TV coverage here in the US. If Landon does well for you over the winter....who knows, I may become an Everton-mini-fanatic.

fm bashers dont read!

But i got landon on fm2010 to see how he fairs. Im one of those people that plays one match on fm for the entire night, making sure the training is right and the players are up and fit enough for the game. I was 2-0 down against utd in the first leg semi final of the carling cup, and had them at home for the 2nd leg. I played Landon up top on his own, dropping back and in the second half moving into the channels, and i got to say he was brilliant. I beat utd 3-0 he scored 2 and set one up.. I was made up because i didnt think i could beat them 3-0 haha... I got beat in the final though :(

Well although thats just fiction, i hope he performs the way he has been doing for my team!!

Dixie Dean, Tommy Lawton, Alex Young, Joe Royle, Bob Latchford, Graeme Sharp etc - back in the day of team numbers 1-11 these players made the shirt famous, we now have options to give a player any 2 digit number.

Whilst I am happy we have Donovan we have also discredited the value of the shirt by giving it to a player on loan for just 10 weeks. With squad numbers we should be looking to reward players with that number, in the way alot of the south American teams use the number 10 shirt.

It may seem picky, put don't we have merchandising based on the prestigous Everton number 9?

For disclosure purposes, my loyalties lie at Anfield, but as a Yank, I feel compelled to throw my two cents in on this one....

I became interested in football in 1998 when my household here in Nevada started picking up what is now Fox Soccer Channel and I had fallen hard in love with the Reds and my fanaticism runs deep. It's the first sport team I've ever supported from a place I hadn't lived in and I'm carefully on guard against accusations of bandwagon jumping and am one to roll my eyes when I see someone who clearly is guilty of it themselves.

This being said, I have to confess I had a tiny, tiny, tiny smile on my face over you guys getting a point today. And I have to concede, what is the history of Yank treatment Merseyside between the two clubs? Brad Friedel has been one of the better keepers in England for the past ten years and he was discarded like a scrub from Anfield. What Yank has played in the first team there since? Yet, thanks to the current ownership of my club, I'd probably feel like an outcast on my own ground. In the same span of time, I've seen Joe Max Moore and Brian McBride have nice little spells, treated well enough...Tim Howard....now Landon Donovan has the chance to make something of himself in a great league.

I'm tethered in passion towards Anfield for life, but the contrast between the clubs in terms of Yank fortunes may well make me work overtime in concealing my pleasure in seeing Blue points. Don't tell anyone. Good luck for the rest of the campaign.

While I agree he had a very good game I would urge people not to get too carried away, I mean look what happened with Jo!

Hopefully he keeps it up and while I dont think it will be a permanent move because of his recently signed contract if he comes over here every year for a couple of months in January Im not sure too many people would complain!

Pleasantly surprised. Good positioning down the right. Excellent pace. The corner. My only complaint is that he made a couple really good cuts that he could have down something better with had he acted quicker. But for his first EPL performance it was definitely satisfying.