IGNORED

Kopite Thread

A few short days ago was the anniversary of Shankly dying (1981) and been trying to give it a mention each time, but always forgot. Got to give the man a mention because like it or not, he was responsible for making Liverpool what they are today and one of the most recognized club sides in the world, he was immense. Scots make such fine managers and he was no different. Top class managerial figure and great character.

RIP

A few short days ago was the anniversary of Shankly dying (1981) and been trying to give it a mention each time, but always forgot. Got to give the man a mention because like it or not, he was responsible for making Liverpool what they are today and one of the most recognized club sides in the world, he was immense. Scots make such fine managers and he was no different. Top class managerial figure and great character.

RIP

So you finally agree Moyes was a fine manager then ? :yay:

So you finally agree Moyes was a fine manager then ? :yay:

I never said he was a bad one. Recognize Moyes did well, but we shouldn't really keep on about him as he's no longer a part of this club. You can't compare him to other Scot names such as Alex Ferguson, George Graham and Jock Stein for example. He had 11 years of management here and didn't win a thing, although will always be grateful for invigorating the club once again after Smith and making the club recognized once more but you can't put him on the same plateau as the other aforementioned names. Shankly once again, was immense, both in terms of managerial ability and wasn't quite so banal as Moyes, either in management style or as a general man away from the game. Some of the stories I've read have to be seen to be believed. There will never be another like him and the game was poorer for his passing. You can't change the fact he was largely responsible for moulding Liverpool Football Club into what they were to become, but got to give the man some plaudits and recognition.

News tomorrow about brendan Rodgers having affair with club secretary and getting her pregnant... Answers why he had those ridiculous new bashers and blitzers the beds.... Gotta get a good song going for the derby...... Should have posted this in misc...sorry lads

in the right place, so far as Im concerned. Dont think we should stoop so low as to sing about it though....

I never said he was a bad one. Recognize Moyes did well, but we shouldn't really keep on about him as he's no longer a part of this club. You can't compare him to other Scot names such as Alex Ferguson, George Graham and Jock Stein for example. He had 11 years of management here and didn't win a thing, although will always be grateful for invigorating the club once again after Smith and making the club recognized once more but you can't put him on the same plateau as the other aforementioned names. Shankly once again, was immense, both in terms of managerial ability and wasn't quite so banal as Moyes, either in management style or as a general man away from the game. Some of the stories I've read have to be seen to be believed. There will never be another like him and the game was poorer for his passing. You can't change the fact he was largely responsible for moulding Liverpool Football Club into what they were to become, but got to give the man some plaudits and recognition.

He didn't have 11 years of management at Man UTD, Arsenal, Liverpool etc DK.

You can't judge teams or managers on trophies any more. It is not a level playing field. Moyes did well enough.

Dodgy area discussing those across the park. Daft video aside Rodgers has done more good than bad since accepting the poison chalice. Hopefully they are too daft to realise the improvement he has brought - and Doglead will make another comeback.. Please don't tell me to fuck off. I support Everton and I don not have a closet.

Dodgy area discussing those across the park. Daft video aside Rodgers has done more good than bad since accepting the poison chalice. Hopefully they are too daft to realise the improvement he has brought - and Doglead will make another comeback.. Please don't tell me to fuck off. I support Everton and I don not have a closet.

I agree with you, I fear they might do something this season, they lost to Southampton, but I think most teams will struggle against them, if they hold on to rat face and sturridge stays injury free they have lots of goals in them! Oh shit!!!

• 2 weeks later...

These are funny;

Brendan Rodgers' Greatest Hits

* "When we have the football, everybody's a player."

* "It was a perfect away performance, apart from the first 10 minutes."

* "I've always said that you can live without water for many days, but you can't live for a second without hope."

* "My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence."

* "I started coaching for one reason and that was to make a difference for people, not just as footballers but as human beings."

* "You train dogs, I like to educate players."

* "When you've got the ball 65-70% of the time, it's a football death for the other team. We're not at that stage yet, but that's what we will get to. It's death by football. You just suck the life out of them."

* "I always say a squad is like a good meal - I'm not a great cook but a good meal takes a wee bit of time, but also to offer a good meal you need good ingredients."

* ""All I'll ever do is all I've ever done in any job, and that's promise to fight for my life for the people of the city."

* "I've always worked along the statistic, that if you can dominate the game with the ball you have a 79% chance of winning a game of football."

* "We play with 11 men, other teams play with 10 men and a goalkeeper."

These are funny;

Brendan Rodgers' Greatest Hits

* "When we have the football, everybody's a player."

* "It was a perfect away performance, apart from the first 10 minutes."

* "I've always said that you can live without water for many days, but you can't live for a second without hope."

* "My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence."

* "I started coaching for one reason and that was to make a difference for people, not just as footballers but as human beings."

* "You train dogs, I like to educate players."

* "When you've got the ball 65-70% of the time, it's a football death for the other team. We're not at that stage yet, but that's what we will get to. It's death by football. You just suck the life out of them."

* "I always say a squad is like a good meal - I'm not a great cook but a good meal takes a wee bit of time, but also to offer a good meal you need good ingredients."

* ""All I'll ever do is all I've ever done in any job, and that's promise to fight for my life for the people of the city."

* "I've always worked along the statistic, that if you can dominate the game with the ball you have a 79% chance of winning a game of football."

* "We play with 11 men, other teams play with 10 men and a goalkeeper."

Lol, Jay. Added those to my forum. The guy says some crazy things. :rofl:

For someone who talks so much shite he/they are doing rather well currently.

Yep, he's doing ok, but then his team/squad cost probably double what it took to assemble Everton.

Can't imagine many of their squad being on less than £60,000 a week.If you buy and pay the wages of high priced players you would expect to finish way up the table.

Brenda has set his main priority at finishing above Everton, can't remember the last time that happened :wind up:

Sturridge is shit hence why he cant get into the Chelsea side, He cant finish and is the biggest hogger of the ball going, speak to any chelsea fan about him and they would say the same. And as for Ince that is a gamble as he has had a good 3 months in the championship and thats it really. However he does look to have ability. Those signings wont make a difference to their season. They need some top players.

Agreed, Sturridge is no better than Borini or Carroll, and Ince is a good player, but no more than that, strange signings imo.

As with the above, I don't think these new acquisitions are going to make that much of a difference. It would be a real surprise if they actually manage to win something this season

He's that shit that Chelsea wouldnt play him even when they had no strikers!

What fall out with club management I dont remember anything of the sort. Still even if he did they would play him if he was a top player but the simple fact of the matter is mate is he really isnt and thats why he is a bench warmer. Its a poor signing from Rodgers as it is not what Liverpool need at the moment. Sturridge will always demand for a role of central striker while Rodgers will most likely to field him in the wide position, where he used to play under Andre Villas-Boas. Liverpool are looking to buy a striker who can score 15-20 goals a season. The central idea behind taking the burden off Suarez is to find a potential goal scorer. When did Sturridge become a 15-20 goal scorer a season? Given Liverpool’s financial situation at the moment, much better than previous regime though, the Reds must get the right players for the club. Buying players for the sake of it, because they were the only ones available doesn’t make any sense.

Normally in football manager tend to play thier best players so yeah he didnt play because he is shit.

Fabregas is awesome like wise Di Maria but what have they got to do with Sturridge who has achieved nothing in his career apart from filling his pockets with cash.

Sturridge is shit mate otherwise Chelsea wouldnt be letting him go.

You are one of those arent you where when you get your eye wiped you bring up all non relevant cases like fabregas and di maria and then because of that threads go completely off topic.

So please do me a favour and the website a favour shut your fucking mouth and get over that I think sturridge is shit on the evidence of watching him play and the fact that he doesnt get near the Chelsea side when they have no strikers and you think he is a world beater on the same evidence... I cant find any of the club management issues that you are spouting.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

:lol:

Yep, Sturridge is proper "shit".