IGNORED

Kopite Thread

I read the Shankly anniversary, in that today is the 100th anniversary of his birth.

I guess he was largely responsible for turning the club into the force they were to become in the early 1960s, but what a great man. Legendary managerial figure of soccer if even there was one. However I feel personally with the club in question, can recognize Shankly was an immense figure who took an ordinary team and turned them into one of europe's best.

Regards to the man on his big day. A great was born.

• 2 weeks later...

:doh:

Where's the rest of the quote ?

Just trying to respond to that, in that we were top of the premier league table three or four games in to the 1993 / 94 season - and look at how things fell away after that.

I'm not suggesting Liverpool will have a last day escape from relegation, but it's something I thought of straight away. I sincerely hope they fall away rapidly and have another eventual season of mid-table mediocrity.

Where's the rest of the quote ?

Just trying to respond to that, in that we were top of the premier league table three or four games in to the 1993 / 94 season - and look at how things fell away after that.

I'm not suggesting Liverpool will have a last day escape from relegation, but it's something I thought of straight away. I sincerely hope they fall away rapidly and have another eventual season of mid-table mediocrity.

sorry just seen this post...not sure where the rest of it is dalziel..that just popped up on twitter with no source :)

not a chance considering the competition for the top 4 places. No way are they better than Arsenal or Spurs.

I think they will be up there. They seem to have the most balance in their side at the moment depending on what happens when Suarez returns. Arsenal are still soft and Im not sure what to make of Spurs just yet.

How good is Ben Davies. Every time I've seen him he's been so so solid. For a 20 year old his composure on the ball is second to none. Never gives the ball away, great engine and a top left foot. Would love him as a replacement for Baines in a few years.

Edited by Geth

I wasn't even aware there had been a game last night, but would have wanted the South Wales outfit to take maximum points doubtless. And they are a very decent side, that Laudrup has put together, as well being the holders of the League Cup with some fine recent additions, so no surprise that they could have got a win last night or were unfortunate not to take all the points. Liverpool still unbeaten then, but not sure how long their luck will hold out for.

I thought talk was about Gerrard and then realized it was the other rat in question.

There needs to be some distinction between the two. Suarez recognized as cunt face and Gerrard as rat face. That way, it will be a lot easier. Good job that Dirk Kuyt has left the club is all you can add.

They made a decent start, still unbeaten, but as with us, is it really saying much ? I expect them to pick up a little with the return of the aforementioned cunt face at their disposal, but going to need those players to gel in order to produce something this season. No way in hell they'll be challenging for the league championship again. That'll be 24 years coming up then.