IGNORED

Kopite Thread

Guest blueboy122

Brilliant.

What a cry baby. He should have joined in with the gestures and had a laugh with it rather then crying about it. Pathetic

I do think he has a point to be fair to him.

Before he came to the Prem, folk were already angry about his handball in the World Cup, which I found quite pathetic, as had it been against Argentina, nobody would have cared, but because it was against a lowly African side, it was big news.

The fiasco regarding racism is another sore point.

Anti Racism is something that has developed in the Western world, and I agree totally that colour of skin, or religion etc, should not cloud the perception of anybody as an individual person, but these are 'our' values, and those values are clearly not shared in other countries. Football is a 'world' game, and we can't expect to enforce our values on players from across the globe and expect them to conform overnight. I'm pretty sure if we moved to an Islamic country we would find their culture very different, and might hope for a little leniency should we make a mistake as a foreign national.

The same applies to what we call cheating. Foreign players are actually coached to cheat from an early age. Our stiff upper lip is also hypocritical, as there are plenty of home grown players who have cheated, be it diving, dirty tackling, elbowing, feigning injury, hand ball, and so on.

If you have ever played football, you will know that players do lots of crazy shit to put you off your game, from personal insult, to pinching. Biting is an extreme example, but it's not like he put the guys arm in a salad bap and added mayonnaise.

If the press like you, you will rise to the top of the public admiration pile, but if they have it in for you, you will be disliked, such is the gullibility of society, ever since one guy shouted "Witch" and the rest shouted "Burn her".

I'm not saying he isn't a right pain in the arse, but he is one of many, highlighted more often.

He brings it on himself though Avin. Not just here but throughout his career.

I have seen plenty of players from South America not act like a twat and go down the routes Suarez has time and time again. Its got nothing to do with culture, it is just his personality and he deserves whatever he gets.

Edited by Bailey

He brings it on himself though Avin. Not just here but throughout his career.

I have seen plenty of players from South America not act like a twat and go down the routes Suarez has time and time again. Its got nothing to do with culture, it is just his personality and he deserves whatever he gets.

How many are guilty but never hit the headlines though Bailey?

Look at our England captain for example.

He gets away with everything, from leg breaking tackles, diving, influencing referees, swearing at the ref, not to mention his private life being less than squeaky. He has rarely received awful press, and is given the captaincy.

We are such a nation of double standards and hypocrisy.

Gerrard's been captain for as long as some can remember, although rat-face was allowed to captain the club - in a 3 - 2 defeat to Oldham Athletic - in the FA cup back in January. From what I can ascertain Gerrard took it back soon enough, long before all that arm chewing nonsense. Maybe wrong, but he was captain for that (FA cup game), but it was short lived.

How many are guilty but never hit the headlines though Bailey?

Look at our England captain for example.

He gets away with everything, from leg breaking tackles, diving, influencing referees, swearing at the ref, not to mention his private life being less than squeaky. He has rarely received awful press, and is given the captaincy.

We are such a nation of double standards and hypocrisy.

There are plenty but Suarez flaunts it where others at least try and cover it up!

Im not saying Suarez doesnt cop more stick from the media than the English players but what I am saying is that if he doesnt like all the negative attention he is getting then he should stop being a cheating bastard.

Gerrard has played in the PL all his life and I would bet that he still has less major 'incidents' than Suarez in his 2 years over here.

Yes the press go overboard (on pretty much everything mind you) but if Suarez wants to act petty, racial abuse players, blatently dive on several occassions, bite people, kick people, give shit to refs, spit at people, and God knows what else then he deserves the exact type of shit that he gets.

I can actually respect Gerrard, for all that he's done, despite the club in question, in that I simply recognize him as a (once) world class player who gave some truly outstanding performances and was a great quality player. Suarez is hardly a poor player (with regards to ability), but that same level of respect, simply isn't evident with that individual.

Liverpool chasing Mkhitaryan - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22937049

Good player. Bit gutted he might go to be fair. And in fairness to Liverpool, sounds like they're doing business early to cement the team together before the start of the season... :(

So Mignolet and Mkhitaryan to come next...damn. Already got Toure and Ispas in. 4 in potentially within a month, and all are better than what they currently have.

Just gotta hope that the £40m they will get from suarez gets them another Henderson, Downing combo. Ultimately this will be gerrards last season as a force, he will no doubt still be pinging passes etc when he's 34 but as we have seen with many midfield generals of his ilk, they become old very quickly once the legs go.

Just gotta hope that the £40m they will get from suarez gets them another Henderson, Downing combo. Ultimately this will be gerrards last season as a force, he will no doubt still be pinging passes etc when he's 34 but as we have seen with many midfield generals of his ilk, they become old very quickly once the legs go.

Say again, Suarez (however anyone feels personally) is a good player and dangerous striker, but he's simply not worth that amount or I certainly don't value him anything like that. Add to that, his off field issues, and you're effectively buying a loose cannon, despite his playing skills and attributes.

I'd say £20 - 25 million would be a fair price to pay, but if LIverpool manage to bring in twice that for his services, then it's simply a bit rude. Nowhere near that valuation, but once again, todays prices in the game are so much in disarray now you don't know what to believe anymore. Even read a bit a day or two again that someone is in for Cristiano Ronaldo with an £85,000,000 bid. May have been Paris Saint Germain but not certain. It's fucking absurd, and only going to get more out of hand with each passing season.

Steven Gerrard, a prisoner in a Category B prison in the north of England, meets his new cell-mate for the first time, a naive young Spaniard called Xabi. The two men are the complete opposites of each other in every way. Steven, for example, is loud and likes to swear a lot whilst Xabi is gentle and softly spoken, and whereas Steven has committed numerous crimes and been in and out of trouble since his youth, Xabi continues to plead his innocence, and yet within the harsh cruelty of the prison setting, love eventually begins to grow.

Please note: this story contains scenes of rape and violence

0000wc41-3-1.jpg

googling about rawk bein mental and that...came across this....

what the fuck is wrong with them?

Edited by marcopaulo

Liverpool look like they're buying young, talented player. Bedding them in early and hitting the floor running.

No ones watching them this year, hardly any pressure, but they might be the ones to watch.

I know we can sit here with Blue tinted glasses and slate them till the cows come home but they're building and buying sensibly (this time round).

Rodgers does not have any pedigree, he is an unknown as far as im concerned. If anything I think he's full of it...

He did take Swansea City into the premier league ? That alone is a fine achievement.

As before, don't really know enough about these incoming players to offer an opinion. I (only) hope they fail to live up to expectation and Liverpool continue to have poor seasons and miss out on honors. Don't have much time for them. It's been 23 years since they last won a league championship and I can't see that ever occuring again anytime soon. Maybe the new faces may bring a slight improvement but don't think they'll be challenging again when the end of season prizes are handed out.

He did take Swansea City into the premier league ? That alone is a fine achievement.

As before, don't really know enough about these incoming players to offer an opinion. I (only) hope they fail to live up to expectation and Liverpool continue to have poor seasons and miss out on honors. Don't have much time for them. It's been 23 years since they last won a league championship and I can't see that ever occuring again anytime soon. Maybe the new faces may bring a slight improvement but don't think they'll be challenging again when the end of season prizes are handed out.

He took Martinez's team who already had their footballing culture instilled. Done nothing yet in my eyes.

They should never have let Dalglish go the last time. Ok he didn't do that well in the league, but at least took them to two domestic cup finals, so that has to be worth something. Edit, two finals, and one actual trophy won. If a club legend like that gets the axe even though doing considerably well for a short time, then what's the standard for future names they will want to try. LFC deserve everything they don't get, you feel sometimes.