IGNORED

Arsenal (H)

pete0

This whole lukaku out wide against Arsenal seems to cause them big problems... It looks like Metresacker drifts out to follow him a bit.

I think Arsene missed the beat with Sanchez up top on his own, especially with how Jags and Distinct struggled with the big fella last week!

Need to push on from here, this is a chance to make a right statement.

In all honesty we havent been that great and to be average and 2 up against Arsenal just shows that we can mix it with the top 4 teams.

Other than Baines and Barry, I dont think anyone has stood out. Mirallas and Naismith have been guilty of wasting great opportunities (why Kev took the shot on from half way when we were 3 vs 2 I never know and I also dont think it was a pen). Naismith finished his chance well at the end though and it was great work from Rom in the build up showing good intelligence because I had my money on him shooting!

On the ball Jags has worried me but he is reading he defensive game really well and him and Distin with Barry and especially McCarthy dropping in have done well.

We have to start the second half with energy though otherwise we will be on to another Leicester. I am hoping to see us pop a couple of crisp passes forward and get into the Arsenal players faces. With Mirallas and Lukaku on the counter we can make them pay as they will pour forward.

I do think the Osman switch might hurt us late in the game because a tiring Ossie could cause us an issue but he has done well enough so far.

Guest rusty747

I am delighted with the scoreline so far, but Arsenal have fluffed their lines a few times when in promising positions. I will happily take the 3 points but we need to continue making progress with our decision making at times. To be fair, we are already much improved on last week but not up to last season's standards yet imho.

Can't believe the stick Osman is getting. I'm one of his biggest critics but he hasn't done anything wrong!

Roms link up play and touch have been vastly improved so far and Mirallas looks lively.

I'd put Rom back in the middle now and maybe put him back out on the right later on. Baines has continued his good performance from Leicester. Jags needs to cut out the aimless hoofs but he's defended well.

First half summary for me...

- Barry player of the game so far. In control. Great cross for first goal.

- McCarthy full of energy. Ensuring we win the majority of loose balls.

- Lukaku a factor in both goals.

- Phenomenal speed on the counter-attack.

- Osman completely anonymous.

- Mirallas just too selfish and wasteful.

- Naismith gets into great positions.

Yes, we were lucky to be given the second goal, but 2-0 is deserved.

Can't believe the stick Osman is getting. I'm one of his biggest critics but he hasn't done anything wrong!

But he hasn't done much right either. He's been totally anonymous.

Which is better? Osman being anonymous or Mirallas getting in there and being totally wasteful? I'd prefer the second, because some times he might make a good decision.

But he hasn't done much right either. He's been totally anonymous.

Which is better? Osman being anonymous or Mirallas getting in there and being totally wasteful? I'd prefer the second, because some

times he might make a good decision.

He hasn't really had to has he? We are 2 nil up. He's not lost the ball and made a nice turn and got a cross in as soon as he came on.

I'd understand giving someone stick for "being anonymous" if we were 2 nil down but we aren't, so why the critisism? He's done alright

He hasn't really had to has he? We are 2 nil up. He's not lost the ball and made a nice turn and got a cross in as soon as he came on.

I'd understand giving someone stick for "being anonymous" if we were 2 nil down but we aren't, so why the critisism? He's done alright

Exactly right. He's doing a job moving the ball along