IGNORED

Ryan Ledson

Struggled at Championship level when he was loaned out. People weren't sure he could do it at a higher level. His loans in the latter stages weren't seen as successful. Could mix it up in League One though. Seems to be finding his feet at the top.

I think this is a common thing. Players need to learn "how to adapt their game" to different scenarios and appreciate what they have around them.

Example:- Sean Thornton - he played for Tranmere and went to Sunderland and scored a screamer against Chelsea. He played for Doncaster, Leyton Orient and actually played for my old team for a few games in the west cheshire prem. He didn't stand out at all really barring some free kicks etc and its becuase the level can drag you down. He showed moments of sheer class but all in all it was difficult for him to show his quality.

On a more relevant one was Ross Barkley at Sheff Wed and Leeds - he too struggled to make an impact, but I dare say it grounded him.

They have a good playing surface at Cambridge and have a decent track record over the years with young players. Shaun Derry has just recently taken over there as manager and he should know a bit about playing in central midfield, which will be good for Ledson.

They lost their previous three games but that's two wins now since Ryan joined them so no wonder they like him! Pleased to see him getting some first team football and hopefully it goes well.

• 4 weeks later...

He's helped them to three wins and three draws in their last six games, a regular starter and has come close to scoring a few times.

It seems that since he joined and is playing a mainly holding midfield role they've been able to push Luke Berry into a more attacking midfield role and he's scored four goals, so it's working out well. Wouldn't be surprised if they ask to extend the loan to the end of the season.

He's helped them to three wins and three draws in their last six games, a regular starter and has come close to scoring a few times.

It seems that since he joined and is playing a mainly holding midfield role they've been able to push Luke Berry into a more attacking midfield role and he's scored four goals, so it's working out well. Wouldn't be surprised if they ask to extend the loan to the end of the season.

Great news thanks for the update.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The way some our kids are performing out on loan should hopefully have some of our first teamers looking over their shoulder. I'd rather let Ledson, Walsh, Grant, Henen or McAleny have a go than watch some of the tame insipid shit we've been treated to in recent weeks.

The way some our kids are performing out on loan should hopefully have some of our first teamers looking over their shoulder. I'd rather let Ledson, Walsh, Grant, Henen or McAleny have a go than watch some of the tame insipid shit we've been treated to in recent weeks.

How good would it be to see RM make a statement and give them a chance.

Prefer to let a manager who knows how to couch young players to do the right things take responsibility.

We have the manager we have though. Nothing we can do to change that so we need to deal with the cards we are dealt.

I understand where your coming from though.