IGNORED

Chelsea (H)

djsunyc

Weird one. Even though we conceded 6 I don't feel distraught - we played well for large periods and there were lots of positives. McGeady, Coleman, Etoo looked class and Naismith was brilliant. Defending was appalling, sorry Jags, but there's no way you can play in the next match.

Couple of points...

Beaten by a team who in my opinion will walk the league with by far the best team.

Yes one dodgy decision but ref is not the reason.

We are great going forward but nobody has a position which is good and bad.

Don't want to throw baby out with the bath water but I think jags has had his day slow plenty of mistakes and can't live in a Martinez system he isnt comfortable enough on the ball where as stones is. Not sure if there is an argument for Vedic being tried at cb.

Naismith has changed my mind on him. Great player.

Should we move to 3-5-1-2 with wing backs and a deep lying forward like Naismith or miralles plus a sweeper style playmaker in Barry or besic.

What a game! It had the lot. For a neutral.

For us. Well. More weight added to the 'can't defend' argument. It was pure calamity mixed with poor defending. Took us until 10 games to concede 10 last season. The confidence is going to be shaken a bit.

Did not see that coming.

On the bright side...It doesn't feel as bad as a 6-3 should. Many many positives. So many positives. Weird feeling. Many parts of that game showed what we can do.

We'll do some damage this season.

Look it doesn't mean anything now, but on another day the first 2 get called offside, Roms header goes in and the keeper doesn't get to Kevs shot and we've put 5 past a team... Chelsea played to soak up pressure given their 2 goal lead and we still put 3 past them they just got us on the break repeated.. Hard to look into these games to much when we are chasing it. All I can say is we played some really nice stuff and any chelsea team that is playing defensively/counter football (refer to chelsea v Liverpool - Liverpool the most prolific team couldn't make a chance) conceding 3 goals is a huge effort... Re coup over the break, iron out the back 4 and push on. We will get points, don't panic

Did you see Besic's next touch. Made a decent tackle turned inside and gave a good ball. He'll be fine.

Naisy snatched MoM for his second half performance. Mirralas was a case second.

Eto looked real good.

Coleman was brill, shame about his OG but couldn't help it.

Mcgeady was really good today.

Defence was a shambles and needs confidence.

Anyone else still think our defence is ok.

I'll say it again. Martinez teams leak goals for fun.

Absolutely disgraceful defensive display.

It's hard to say...

It's individual errors so often.

Jags missed offside trap

Second was offside

Hazard walked past McCarthy and Coleman put it in - Poor D and unlucky

From there on we were chasing the game and pushing up...

It's hard to say...

It's individual errors so often.

Jags missed offside trap

Second was offside

Hazard walked past McCarthy and Coleman put it in - Poor D and unlucky

From there on we were chasing the game and pushing up...

That's kind of to be expected though. McCarthy shouldn't be put in 1v1's with Hazard, bad defensive organization that moment.

Back four was a shambles but in Costa they have a real player who plays the lone striker better than anyone I've ever seen. He will score over 30 goals this season. Nailed on if he stays fit!

Every time they attacked we looked so frail. I think it's a mixture Jagielka bring absolutely useless ATM and our high pressing.

Barry and McCarthy partnership certainly isn't adding additional protection like last season. Chelsea had lots of space in between them and our back four. Needs working on.

As for Besic. On that stupid back flick alone he's not ready.

I disagree... Any player unless they are incredibly rapid should be showing hazard back inside. McCarthy showed him the line and hazard took it and burnt him... Poor defensive play by our holding mid.

There wasn't any help inside though, so not showing him onto his best foot might not be such a bad idea.

The defence argument is going to rumble on for the next 2 weeks. Great.

I won't write the defence off totally, but will say that Jags needs to be rested on form alone. And yes, I agree we need to bring in another CB. I can't see Distin and Jags playing the extra games we have at 100%. They are another year older than last.

I don't agree that we can't defend. And don't agree with any notion that Martinez cannot do it, or the tactics are wrong, or the game plan. But do admit that these last 3 games have not been good enough, defensively, and certainly a drop in standard to last season where we kept so many clean sheets and conceded relatively little.

Onwards and upwards. Gonna be an exciting season.

If nothing else, this has been a real education for everyone. The key is what we learn from it. Let the doomsayers have their day, and over the next few games, we'll show them to be wrong.

As a reminder, we have just played Arsenal and Chelsea. United have the same number of point, and they just played Sunderland and Burnley.

What the fuck do united have to do with anything? That typifies everton fans. Like for like mediocrasy. And this doommonger thing, after conceeding ten goals in three games, we should be able to have a tit on about things.

There wasn't any help inside though, so not showing him onto his best foot might not be such a bad idea.

No worse then giving a player like hazard a free run to the by line and penalty area. It's easy in hindsight it criticise, but Coleman let carzola walk through, now McCarthy. I'm certain Martinez isn't instructing them to give players time or space in that area so for me it's the players not defending to the required levels..

Well, shit. I am absolutely shellshocked.

Not just going to blame the cb's today. McCarthy and Barry were fucking abysmal at their main job; to protect the defence. They left space everywhere for Chelsea to play in.

And would it kill our players to put a foot in and challenge rather than stand off? How many more goals will we concede in that manner before the lesson is learnt? One? Two? Ten?

We look fantastic going forward but like we'll concede a goal every time the opposition come at us. I believe we had 17 shots today, they had 12 and scored from half of them. Not good enough.

I'm angry as fuck. I hope Martinez is too but I expect he's got them all sat in a circle singing happy songs.

Haha I'm chatting shit but you've just had a go at Barry who was one of the best on the pitch. Watch the game next time instead of listening to the radio.....oh sorry you go the game don't you.

Barry was not even close to one of the best players on the pitch.

Well, shit. I am absolutely shellshocked.Not just going to blame the cb's today. McCarthy and Barry were fucking abysmal at their main job; to protect the defence. They left space everywhere for Chelsea to play in.And would it kill our players to put a foot in and challenge rather than stand off? How many more goals will we concede in that manner before the lesson is learnt? One? Two? Ten?We look fantastic going forward but like we'll concede a goal every time the opposition come at us. I believe we had 17 shots today, they had 12 and scored from half of them. Not good enough.I'm angry as fuck. I hope Martinez is too but I expect he's got them all sat in a circle singing happy songs.

Martinez team