IGNORED

Chelsea (H)

djsunyc

What the fuck do united have to do with anything? That typifies everton fans. Like for like mediocrasy. And this doommonger thing, after conceeding ten goals in three games, we should be able to have a tit on about things.

Go on then. Have a little 'tit' about it. Again. The floors yours...

Haha I'm chatting shit but you've just had a go at Barry who was one of the best on the pitch. Watch the game next time instead of listening to the radio.....oh sorry you go the game don't you.

I thought Barry was awful today. His passing was woeful and he gave virtually no protection at all which is what he's there to do.

Simplistic. It was a Martinez team that conceded fewer than all but City and Chelsea last season; there are certainly things wrong this year but that's just a daft (and easy) assessment.

100% this.

I honestly don't understand how (what seem) level headed and knowledgeable men can basically write off a whole season of solid sound defending by the same manager, players, tactics and style that we have now. After 2 games (yes, 2 games because that's when it started!). Fair enough, some weight added to the argument today. But C'mon, really?!!

100% this.I honestly don't understand how (what seem) level headed and knowledgeable men can basically write off a whole season of solid sound defending by the same manager, players, tactics and style that we have now. After 2 games (yes, 2 games because that's when it started!). Fair enough, some weight added to the argument today. But C'mon, really?!!

When the fuck have I wrote off "the whole season" stop being a scrotum, you level headed knowledgable man!

100% this.

I honestly don't understand how (what seem) level headed and knowledgeable men can basically write off a whole season of solid sound defending by the same manager, players, tactics and style that we have now. After 2 games (yes, 2 games because that's when it started!). Fair enough, some weight added to the argument today. But C'mon, really?!!

Because firstly it looks like this season COULD (I'm careful to say could at this stage as it is admittedly early) be the season that time catches up on Distin. Jagielka looks like a fish out of water. He looks terrified when he has the ball at his feet and in a blind panic. Our full backs are bombing on (which is great) but it seems he's instructing the wingers not to prioritise on tracking back (especially against Arsenal and our full backs seem to be struggling for support at times.

Last season was his first season here. The players were still getting used to the way he wanted them to play. That defence was a confident one that was solid under Moyes. Martinez inherited that defence but slowly as we've gone on, all the confidence they had has been sucked out of them because he's asking the centre backs to play in a way they're totally uncomfortable with.

Add to this Barry now has a contract so isn't playing for one and is also another year older, as is Jags (who also had a poor world cup which has done his confidence no good) and Distin, well I've already said about him.

Now the final piece of the puzzle. And that's teams are now wise to us. Managers have spotted we have to ageing centre halves who are not comfortable with the ball at their feet and they are pressing them constantly chasing them down, harrying them when they have the ball, not giving them a second to think. Teams are wise to us and our defence cannot play the kind of football we want to play unless they have all day on the ball to steady themselves and think about what they're doing.

If you think that that defence is going to miraculously come good then you're in for a massive shock because if anything it's going to get shakier as the season goes on.

10 goals in 3 games and virtually every one of them either a mistake or a soft stupid goal to conceded.

Because firstly it looks like this season COULD (I'm careful to say could at this stage as it is admittedly early) be the season that time catches up on Distin. Jagielka looks like a fish out of water. He looks terrified when he has the ball at his feet and in a blind panic. Our full backs are bombing on (which is great) but it seems he's instructing the wingers not to prioritise on tracking back (especially against Arsenal and our full backs seem to be struggling for support at times.Last season was his first season here. The players were still getting used to the way he wanted them to play. That defence was a confident one that was solid under Moyes. Martinez inherited that defence but slowly as we've gone on, all the confidence they had has been sucked out of them because he's asking the centre backs to play in a way they're totally uncomfortable with.Add to this Barry now has a contract so isn't playing for one and is also another year older, as is Jags (who also had a poor world cup which has done his confidence no good) and Distin, well I've already said about him.Now the final piece of the puzzle. And that's teams are now wise to us. Managers have spotted we have to ageing centre halves who are not comfortable with the ball at their feet and they are pressing them constantly chasing them down, harrying them when they have the ball, not giving them a second to think. Teams are wise to us and our defence cannot play the kind of football we want to play unless they have all day on the ball to steady themselves and think about what they're doing.If you think that that defence is going to miraculously come good then you're in for a massive shock because if anything it's going to get shakier as the season goes on.10 goals in 3 games and virtually every one of them either a mistake or a soft stupid goal to conceded.

Stop talking so much sense mate. They won't like it.

Because firstly it looks like this season COULD (I'm careful to say could at this stage as it is admittedly early) be the season that time catches up on Distin. Jagielka looks like a fish out of water. He looks terrified when he has the ball at his feet and in a blind panic. Our full backs are bombing on (which is great) but it seems he's instructing the wingers not to prioritise on tracking back (especially against Arsenal and our full backs seem to be struggling for support at times.

Last season was his first season here. The players were still getting used to the way he wanted them to play. That defence was a confident one that was solid under Moyes. Martinez inherited that defence but slowly as we've gone on, all the confidence they had has been sucked out of them because he's asking the centre backs to play in a way they're totally uncomfortable with.

Add to this Barry now has a contract so isn't playing for one and is also another year older, as is Jags (who also had a poor world cup which has done his confidence no good) and Distin, well I've already said about him.

Now the final piece of the puzzle. And that's teams are now wise to us. Managers have spotted we have to ageing centre halves who are not comfortable with the ball at their feet and they are pressing them constantly chasing them down, harrying them when they have the ball, not giving them a second to think. Teams are wise to us and our defence cannot play the kind of football we want to play unless they have all day on the ball to steady themselves and think about what they're doing.

If you think that that defence is going to miraculously come good then you're in for a massive shock because if anything it's going to get shakier as the season goes on.

10 goals in 3 games and virtually every one of them either a mistake or a soft stupid goal to conceded.

Nice stuff.

Although Moyes inherited a league winning team. Did he make it better? I can't agree with the whole 'inherited' argument. I'm not a fan of these sort of comparisons. They just don't work.

I do agree with the ageing thing. I do wonder if another year on has made a difference? I know it can.

I guess we'll see. One of us will be referring back to several of these posts at the end of the season!

I'm not a betting man so don't ask!!!

I also think it's only fair to say we probably played the champions elect today.

They're a proper side. Costa is fucking brilliant he'll easily get 30 this season and he likes a scrap which makes him perfect for this league.

Love him, what a player already.

Hazard, Ramirez, Fabregas (behind Costa buy of the season) I could compliment them all day. They're a fantastic side.

However, we were far too soft in our final third and defensively today. It was almost like we got a goal back and they just clicked out of hold mode and scored again, we got another back and again they stepped up a gear and slapped us back into place and in the end just stayed in a higher gear and punished us even more.

I think it's all well and saying drop whoever but I think the problem is our back up would have been exposed aswell.

Christ! A good one! Apart from Stones, I'm not to sure about our other options. Haven't seen enough of Alcaraz.

That side of it is a bit worrying, with the extra European games.

Youre the joke bud. I bet the majority on here agrees with me on that.

Stones was great last season and will be great this season. I actually liked what I saw when Alcaraz was fit and playing.

I'm a joke but at least I'm not a sheep.... 'I bet the majority agree with me'..... Please love me, love me..... I air opinions cause there what I truelly believe in not what iI think people want to hear...... Hey pete knock,knock.

Everton simply cannot go toe to toe with the much better sides - we need to show them some respect and play more strategically - like Stoke played against Man City today.

we have played 3 games of which we should have won 2 and drawn 1 - we did not achieve any of those -

we simply do not score enough goals with this attacking style but without a creative CM - and our defense is very vulnerable with our wingbacks playing so high and the def mids not working as a unit with the back 4 -

if you leak 10 goals in 3 games - but you scored 15 it is a different story - but our midfield does not have enough firepower for that style

I'm a joke but at least I'm not a sheep.... 'I bet the majority agree with me'..... Please love me, love me..... I air opinions cause there what I truelly believe in not what iI think people want to hear...... Hey pete knock,knock.

And this is why I like your posts.

Everton simply cannot go toe to toe with the much better sides - we need to show them some respect and play more strategically - like Stoke played against Man City today.

we have played 3 games of which we should have won 2 and drawn 1 - we did not achieve any of those -

we simply do not score enough goals with this attacking style but without a creative CM - and our defense is very vulnerable with our wingbacks playing so high and the def mids not working as a unit with the back 4 -

if you leak 10 goals in 3 games - but you scored 15 it is a different story - but our midfield does not have enough firepower for that style

I can't be arsed highlighting the bit ss I'm on my phone. I've also had a few beers but if I read that right "we don't score enough goals" did you say???

7 in 3 is a great return. Unfortunately 10 conceded is the bad bit.

If I've misread that I apologise but I don't think I have.