IGNORED

Krasnodar (A) Europa

markjazzbassist

Everton squad: Joel, Howard, Garbutt, Stones, Browning, Alcaraz, Jagielka, Baines, Hibbert, Oviedo, Besic, Gibson, Barry, Osman, Ledson, McGeady, Atsu, Naismith, Eto'o, Lukaku.

my guesses from that squad

full go at kras

Howard

Browning Stones Jags Baines

Besic Barry

Atsu Naismith McGeady

Lukaku

full go at man u and the reserve side

Robles

Browning Stones Alcaraz Garbutt

Besic Gibson

Atsu Osman Oviedo

Eto'o

Guest millwallforever

Joazinho, Krasnodar's tricky winger, is suspended, so that's one obstacle out of the way. Judging by the words of their manager, we can expect a highly aggressive adversary tomorrow.

By the way: the way things are going in the Champions League, we could well end up facing our beloved neighbours at some point in the tournament.

Edited by millwallforever

Joazinho, Krasnodar's tricky winger, is suspended, so that's one obstacle out of the way. Judging by the words of their manager, we can expect a highly aggressive adversary tomorrow.

By the way: the way things are going in the Champions League, we could well end up facing our beloved neighbours at some point in the tournament.

They'll be lucky to finish third in their group; think we're more likely to face Ludogorets or Basel :P.

Guest millwallforever

I would say they are better than both Ludogorets and Basel, the two teams Liverpool have played in the CL. This is going to be a real test for us.

I've got my DVR set to record this one as I can't possibly sneak out of work at Noon tomorrow East Coast USA time. This is an interesting fixture; Krasnodar seems to be a bit of a mystery.

Some match stats:-

Everton have only ever faced on Russian side before in European competition. They won 1-0 at home against Zenit in the 2008 Europa League group stages.

As such, this game will be the Toffee's first trip to Russia.

This will be Krasnador's first ever clash with a English side in a competitive game.

Only Celtic (60.6%) had a poorer passing accuracy than FK Krasnodar (67.4%) in the opening round of Europa League group stage matches.

The Toffees have lost four of their last six away matches in Europe (excluding qualifiers), winning the other two.

Wolfsburg's 90th minute consolation in their opening match means Everton have kept just one clean sheet in their last eight European fixtures.

Everton have alternated between winning and losing their last six European matches.

Krasnodar conceded 19 fouls in their opening group match. Only three teams in the Europa League committed more.

Guest millwallforever

Me too. My optimistic prediction: 1-1.

I would willingly take a draw on this game I think its going to be very hard especially with our injuries.

Thinking aloud here, as I really don't have any clear sense of how RM will approach tonight and Sunday matches. It's difficult for me to think about tonight's team sheet separate from the ManU match, as this seems a classic example of the cliched "dreaded Thurs-Sun Europa League" problem. Long distance trip, followed by early game, away match to traditional power. I suppose the good news is that ManU's defense is not a strength, and Rooney is .... umm ...... Rooney. Bad news is that 2 weeks back, what should have been a not-dreadful first Thurs-Sun -- home EL match followed by home match against an "easy" opponent -- turned dreadful.

So, how will RM arrange the team tonight and Sunday? Mirallas's bad injury, on top of Coleman's knock, Pienaar/Kone's long-term absence, McCarthy's surprise knock, Distin's ongoing something -- all these injuries drastically limit RM's options. It now strikes me as unlikely that RM will set out mostly different elevens tonight and Sunday. I guess -- and it is a guess -- RM will play his "essential" players 180 (or close) minutes in these two matches. Baines, Jagielka, Stones, Naismith, Lukaku, who else? Does Besic become essential, as Barry surely can't play 180, nor Gibson? How many minutes can Oviedo provide over the two matches? Doesn't Osman have to feature heavily in one of the matches, or as sub in both? Eto'o as starter in one, sub in the other?

I'm now assuming we won't see Coleman, Pienaar, or Kone, possibly McCarthy, until after the international break.

Maybe the next few days won't prove dreadful, but our squad is just sufficient for multiple competitions when healthy. In the face of all these injuries, securing points from both matches is a major challenge.

Guest millwallforever

Biletov niet! Packed stadium. Expect plenty of noise. Bet 20% of the spectators are soldiers from the army base nearby.

post-16124-0-85678100-1412261922_thumb.jpeg

Hmm so so, was hoping to see Browning start and also Besic in the middle with Barry. But Gibson should have enough experience to keep it solid in the middle.

Atsu and mcgeady will be needed to help out defensively too.

I'm not expecting to be excited about our play in this game, can only see it being a bit of a grind tbh.

As nervous as I am, facing a team holding the underdog statement going in this match, lets not forget that most bookies have us as 2nd or 3rd favourites to win the competition at this stage (before CL entries come into the competition, of course; which I completely disagree with).

Guest millwallforever

Joaozinho is suspended. Don't know about Wanderson

Central midfield of Barry-Gibson-Osman doesn't exactly inspire confidence in me. These three against Gazinsky-Ahmedov-Izmailov. Jesus!

Surprised to see neither Wanderson nor Joaozinho in Krasnodar starting 11.

Barry and Gibson playing together is a big worry for me - there's not a lot of mobility there so we could get done through the middle.

Hibbert starting two games in quick succession isn't ideal either.

And there's very little creativity in that starting line-up.

A point is looking even better at this point as far as I'm concerned.