IGNORED

Sunderland (A)

Deacs

Well tbh its the only time you kick up a stink about Martinez!

You say he is responsible for this that and the other but you also have to consider the options he has. Pre-season was poor, we were never at the races and maybe that did have a knock on effect to the players, but we played very well first half against Leicester, we controlled Arsenal for the majority of the game and we played really well given the circumstances against Chelsea. I would agree that we should have done things differently in those games, especially in regards to substitutions but that isnt enough to say he is a farce or was lucky last season or all the other rubbish that is being mentioned.

I also don't care 2 hoots about what is said in the media. I expect that like 99% of other managers, what is said to the press is far from what gets said behind closed doors. I would be far more pissed off if he was critising players in public because that does absolutely nothing for anyone. Completely agree that we were crap and very flat. No pace in our play whatsoever but we did pretty much control the game and us controlling the game is the influence he has from the sidelines. We know we can pop it about but if the players arent doing it then there is fuck all he can do bar a sub here and there. I saw exactly the same with Moyes too. Sometimes we just never moved the ball quick enough and didnt penetrate enough but its not like we played badly. Its not like we waived the white flag, its not like the players crumbled or didnt give a toss.

It's not though, I've said the same about him since day one. I try not to say anything about him becausepeople just don't get where I'm coming from so only sitting back and waiting until people start opening their eyes will change that.

I don't want him sacked, I want him to be given plenty of time, I want him to prove me wrong I'll be overjoyed to admit it. But what eventually pisses me off and starts me off on my soap box is people point blank refusibg to criticise him. No matter what happens. Everyone and everything gets slated and hammered but not "Bobby" "Bobby" is immortal he can do no wrong it's everyone elses fault except his except it's not. He's the manager, us winning 3 out of 11, our poor pre season his signings and all the other things that he teaches, instructs and does lie soley at his door. Nobody elses, his.

Mpeople need to get their "bobby" tinted glasses off and start blaming him for some (certainly not all) of what's been going wrong.

That's my point.

Of course he does wrong. Everyone does. And deserves flack for it, yeah he does.

But then the animosity is over the top. No credit for last season? That's a joke.

You'd think he took a title winning side down to 7th.

The best thing about 'Bobby' for me is that he is only 41. He'll only get better. He has been applauded in the game for several years already. He'll make mistakes, and learn. Because he studies the game relentlessly. At this moment in time, I'd have no one else at this club.

I'm looking forward to some good years ahead of real football, charisma and new popularity for the club.

Most of all, I'm looking forward to dry bumming Paddock over these comments while making him scream 'bobby, Bobby, I love your brown shoes Bobby'.

Amen.

Of course he does wrong. Everyone does. And deserves flack for it, yeah he does.

But then the animosity is over the top. No credit for last season? That's a joke.

The best thing about 'Bobby' for me is that he is only 41. He'll only get better. He has been applauded in the game for several years already. He'll make mistakes, and learn. Because he studies the game relentlessly. At this moment in time, I'd have no one else at this club.

I'm looking forward to some good years ahead of real football, charisma and new popularity for the club.

Most of all, I'm looking forward to dry bumming Paddock over these comments while making him scream 'bobby, Bobby, I love your brown shoes Bobby'.

Amen.

Is Bobby only 41? what I want to know is has he learned to control a ball yet or is time still on his side.

Is Bobby only 41? what I want to know is has he learned to control a ball yet or is time still on his side.

Yeah. Born July 73. Very young manager...and think of how long he's been around already. And how many years he's been applauded.

I seen him trap the ball vs Sunderland on Sunday. I think he's got it!!!

Amen.

"Robert" also has relegation on his CV. Applauds for that.

Guest millwallforever

"Robert" also has relegation on his CV. Applauds for that.

I think it is a very useful experience. Arsene Wenger and a couple of other big name managers were relegated as well.

Nor does reducing an already bereft squad of a 25% salary spend, losing 2 best players year on year with minimal money invested in the team...... Still won the fa cup.

He did a great job a Wigan under the circumstances. Dave Whelan is no fool. If he wasn't doing any good, he would have got rid. Whelan knew every year Wigan stayed up was a bonus. And a neat miracle!

Most of all, I'm looking forward to dry bumming Paddock over these comments while making him scream 'bobby, Bobby, I love your brown shoes Bobby

Amen.

There would only be one person taking out the two of us son, and it most certainly wouldn't be me. Trust me on that ;)

Edited by Paddock

Things aren't as bad as people make out on here. Haven't had the best start but I'm still confident we'll come good. As Brett said, we could be still be playing under Moyes's defensive philosiphy. Still won't forgive him for his tactics against the Shite in the FA Cup semi final after going 1-0 up. Take 10 steps back and panic, show them so much respect and let them 2-1. Embarrassing!

YOU MEAN UNLIKE LAST YEAR TACTICLY INEPT PERFORMANCE AT ANFIELD AND BATTERED BY 4 GOALS.

HE IS A GOOD MANAGER AND HE HAS A LOT TO LEARN I FOR ONE WANT TO SEE HIM THERE FOR MANY YEARS TO COME BUT WHEN HE IS WRONG WE ARE ALLOWED TO CRITISISE.

IT SEAMS ON THIS SITE YOU ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO HAVE A GO AT CERTAIN PLAYERS OR STAFF.

(NOTICE I HAVENT MENTIONED MY FAVOURITE KEEPER FOR ANOTHER BAD DISPLAY SHOWED THE FORWARD ONE SIDE AND HE PUT IT IN THERE VERY CLEAVER AS FOR WHAT HE DID OUTSIDE THE BOX THE LAD NEEDS A REST IN A RUBBER ROOM)

YOU MEAN UNLIKE LAST YEAR TACTICLY INEPT PERFORMANCE AT ANFIELD AND BATTERED BY 4 GOALS.

HE IS A GOOD MANAGER AND HE HAS A LOT TO LEARN I FOR ONE WANT TO SEE HIM THERE FOR MANY YEARS TO COME BUT WHEN HE IS WRONG WE ARE ALLOWED TO CRITISISE.

IT SEAMS ON THIS SITE YOU ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO HAVE A GO AT CERTAIN PLAYERS OR STAFF.

(NOTICE I HAVENT MENTIONED MY FAVOURITE KEEPER FOR ANOTHER BAD DISPLAY SHOWED THE FORWARD ONE SIDE AND HE PUT IT IN THERE VERY CLEAVER AS FOR WHAT HE DID OUTSIDE THE BOX THE LAD NEEDS A REST IN A RUBBER ROOM)

So close....

Can I ask to please refrain from ALL CAPs? Its hard on my old eyes ;)

Who was?

Sorry, missed this amongst the bickering.

I don't think there was 1 worst player. I think several players had very bad halves. I'd break it down like this:

Good - McGeady

Quite Good - Baines, McCarthy

Average - Jags, Distin, Eto'o, Howard.

For the rest, they had moments but otherwise were anonymous. Barkley had a few outstanding moments then disappeared for the rest of the game, Lukaku had some very good link up play and excellent touches, but largely disappeared in the second half bar the 1 on 1 which he should've tucked away (credit to the keeper for getting out fast to make it more difficult, still expected him to score though). Coleman you wouldn't have known was playing first half and was even bailed out a few times by McGeady in defence. Gibson didn't offer that much but I think that was more down to a lack of movement in front of him....

All of that says Sunderland shut us down very effectively, which is quite easy to do against possession football. They identified the 2 - 3 key players and man marked them out of the game. Once Barkley (why the fuck was he on the wing??) and Lukaku had someone sitting on them we had no form of opening them up, except McGeady who, if you've seen a game or 2 of his, you know is going to try and do that "outside of the foot" flick then run is quite easy to mark too, if you have the pace. Eto'o was having to drop too deep which took him out of most attacks too, so we were left toothless because of good pressure and defending.

We missed the composure and intelligence of Barry too. If he was still on the pitch, I think the freekick Baines gave away before there goal would've been made 10m back because Barry is a dirty bugger sometimes and would've nipped it in the bud.

Why would he kick up a stinker when we win? It's bad enough on here saying anything negative when we lose.

That sums you up tbh Cotto.

It's not though, I've said the same about him since day one. I try not to say anything about him becausepeople just don't get where I'm coming from so only sitting back and waiting until people start opening their eyes will change that.

I don't want him sacked, I want him to be given plenty of time, I want him to prove me wrong I'll be overjoyed to admit it. But what eventually pisses me off and starts me off on my soap box is people point blank refusibg to criticise him. No matter what happens. Everyone and everything gets slated and hammered but not "Bobby" "Bobby" is immortal he can do no wrong it's everyone elses fault except his except it's not. He's the manager, us winning 3 out of 11, our poor pre season his signings and all the other things that he teaches, instructs and does lie soley at his door. Nobody elses, his.

Mpeople need to get their "bobby" tinted glasses off and start blaming him for some (certainly not all) of what's been going wrong.

That's my point.

I don't think anyone is absolving Martinez of his part in the start to this season but on the whole there have been far bigger culprits from game to game.

I also really don't understand how you can blame him for signings as if they have been poor. On the whole they have been excellent.

Am I being a bit thick here...I can't get that to make sense?! Not sure what you are trying to say, Dad.

In other words the chances of you ever dry bumming me are zero if anything you would be the bitch if it ever come to that.

MC takes these comments literally but I know you can read between the lines ;)

Yeah. Born July 73. Very young manager...and think of how long he's been around already. And how many years he's been applauded.

I seen him trap the ball vs Sunderland on Sunday. I think he's got it!!!

I'm 41 and also born July.

I can trap a ball, it was one of my best skills along with dribbling at pace...all down my chin.

In other words the chances of you ever dry bumming me are zero if anything you would be the bitch if it ever come to that.

MC takes these comments literally but I know you can read between the lines ;)

Haha...I thought as much. I eat a lot of fibre...you wouldn't want to poke around my shitter!!!