IGNORED

James McCarthy

I'd sell him he's worth what we paid for him so £20m is more than enough. If they're offering Lennon as well why not? We could get a better midfielder for £20m

Come on I know you and Haf have this daft McCarthy Mirallas debate going on but to state he's worth what we paid is ridiculous mate

Name me a lad his age that does what he does with the potential to get better for what we paid for him!? Unless you unearth an unknown gem of a player you will struggle to...

McCarthy and Besic both have the qualities to make what could be one of the best central pairings we've seen for a long time

We have a young and very talented spine of a side potentially one of the best in the league bar the odd area that needs improvement why break that up for a quick fix?

Come on I know you and Haf have this daft McCarthy Mirallas debate going on but to state he's worth what we paid is ridiculous mateName me a lad his age that does what he does with the potential to get better for what we paid for him!? Unless you unearth an unknown gem of a player you will struggle to...McCarthy and Besic both have the qualities to make what could be one of the best central pairings we've seen for a long timeWe have a young and very talented spine of a side potentially one of the best in the league bar the odd area that needs improvement why break that up for a quick fix?

It's called tongue in cheek! Haf does it to me all the time.... He leaves bait all over the forum for me. So I do it to him. I've said he's a £20m player. My disagreement with him is that he's not the best player and life and sole of this team. He's overrated.

Shukes - vault me when it happens until then it's not worthy.

It's called tongue in cheek! Haf does it to me all the time.... He leaves bait all over the forum for me. So I do it to him. I've said he's a £20m player. My disagreement with him is that he's not the best player and life and sole of this team. He's overrated.

Shukes - vault me when it happens until then it's not worthy.

Here's a couple of similarity checkpoints for ya MC.... Just for you to understand.

When McCarthy played in the fixtures against west ham and west brom we won. In the two that he didn't we drew...

Against Hull, a the lowest placed team we have played twice, McCarthy missed both games and we lost and drew. 1 point out of 6.

Just a coincidence though, May have been the weather.

Here's a couple of similarity checkpoints for ya MC.... Just for you to understand.When McCarthy played in the fixtures against west ham and west brom we won. In the two that he didn't we drew...Against Hull, a the lowest placed team we have played twice, McCarthy missed both games and we lost and drew. 1 point out of 6.Just a coincidence though, May have been the weather.

You're talking shit again.

I dont get all this adulation for James Mccarthy he's a footballer who runs and runs he doesn't score he's not creative £20m and dembele show me the money it's a no brainer.

You only have to look how many points on average we get when he plays and when he's not to see his importance. Parkinson was a bit similar, what did he ever do on the pitch? Yet we almost doubled the points average when he was playing.

I dont get all this adulation for James Mccarthy he's a footballer who runs and runs he doesn't score he's not creative £20m and dembele show me the money it's a no brainer.

It's like a golfer saying why spend a fortune on a putter when it doesn't hit the ball far.

The reality is its the most important yet unspectacular club in the bag.

Take a putter out of a golfers bag and have a look at his score.

It's like a golfer saying why spend a fortune on a putter when it doesn't hit the ball far.

The reality is its the most important yet unspectacular club in the bag.

Take a putter out of a golfers bag and have a look at his score.

Nice analogy (and I'm in complete agreement with you on McCarthy) but there's always an exception that proves the rule :P.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/golf/9380093.stm

like all players they have their price like Rooney when we sold him it gave us the money to strengthen which enabled us to get in the top 4, with Mirallas and McCarthy if rumours are true we could do the same again, we need new blood now.

He left on deadline day so we we didn't "strengthen" with that money 'til Jan (when we were already top four) when the only money we spent was £6.5m on James Beattie. We also got Plessis for nothing and Arteta on loan.

So to say the Rooney money got us top four just isn't true, a good team ethic (buoyed by the earlier signing of TC) in a freak season got us top four, nowt to do with the money.

I personally think McCarthy isprobably our most important player. He breaks play up so well it's unbelievable. When he plays we seem to go forward so much better because he marauds forward so well. Granted he doesn't score many (virtually none) but his tenacity in his build up play and the fact he has an engine (and I don't say this lightly) better than any player I've ever seen at Everton (or certainly in the top 3)

The fact he doesn't score many shouldn't take away the importance of his role. Reid never scored many either. McCarthy makes is tick as a side. I think the problem we have is he and Barry are quite similar in styles. Obviously McCartheys engine is like a Ferrari to a Ford Fiesta compared to Barrys but their very similar in the jobs they do.

Personally I think our problem is we don't need 2 holding midfielders, it stifles us at times it really does.

Given his age and potential (potential is a massive factor) I'd say he was minimum 25 million. Matic is an absolute beast of a player and would cost upwards of 40 in my opinion so at those prices is value wise another full half the player McCarthey is although McCarthey wont reach Matic level again he's different in style. Same role done in different ways.

Crux of it is I wouldn't sell McCarthy for 30 million. He's a future captain and an integral cog in what Martinez is trying to acheive.

Thisnagging injury he has is starting to worry me slightly though.

regardless of when they came in i still say the Rooney money enabled us to bring in Beattie Arteta cahill bent that season,we all knew Rooney was going it was just a matter of when he actually signed the forms.

Cahill and Bent came in six and ten weeks before the sale of Rooney and their combined cost was more than covered by the sale of Linderoth and Radzinski. Beattie came in the January window and scored twice for us in eleven games (missing three games for head-butting William Gallas in the seventh minute at Goodison in a game we lost 1-0) so contributed virtually nothing, unless it was a negative one; Arteta cost nothing.
Your argument doesn't add up.

We need a spine of Stones, McCarthy, Barkley and Lukaku - the potential there is phenomenal. McCarthy should be made captain in the summer and this spine be our basis to build on.

Out of interest for people who would sell/don't rate McCarthy... what importance do you see Matic to Chelsea?

This a 100% and he has missed games for Chelsea and their midfield does not operate half as well without him

Players like James will never get the plaudits they deserve across the board they go unnoticed as most people only look at headless chickens or flair players but that mould of player is and has been pivotal in nearly every side that's had some form of success

I'd add Besic to that mix also but fully agree otherwise

so we don't pay these 4 players ?

Wages of the players that came in will have been more than offset by the players who went out in the summer (Paul Gerrard, Simonsen, Gemmill, Unsworth, Radzinski, Linderoth, Bosnar and Rooney) and in January (Gravesen & Campbell).

That's ten off the payroll (including some big earners) and four on.

Sorry patto but however you look at it you're mistaken.

you have your view I'll have mine I tend to think we were in dire straights when we sold Rooney.

Even when I've shown you in detail that you're mistaken? Impressive blind spot.
We spent money the following summer by bringing in Simon Davis, Ruddy, Kroldrup, Arteta permanently, Nuno Valente and van der Meyde (for about £20m in total) plus Matteo Ferrari on loan (while getting no money coming in from sales). If we ever spent "the Rooney money" then that was it, in a bid to stay in the European elite. It failed.
I'm afraid it played absolutely no part in our fourth place finish patto and you can stick to your "view" as much as you like; it won't change the facts.
"Dire straights" has nothing to do with it (of course we were in dire straits). Total red herring.

mikeo you have serious problems get a life will you.

I apologise if I've hurt your feelings there but it's frustration. I've proved to you in precise and exact detail backed up by figures that I've spent a little time researching that you are incorrect in your recollection of the season in question. Entirely forgivable. I often make mistakes on here; when I do and people point them out to me I say, "Oh yes, you're right senior moment. Thanks." Happens to me all the time.

It's not hard, it's just the sensible thing to do.

I could insist that Tokyo was the capital of France and if you told me that it was in fact Paris I wouldn't say, "You have your view and I'll have mine."

:dont know: