IGNORED

James McCarthy

It's ok MC, just allow people to appreciate a good midfielder who is committed to the team. We aren't calling him the best player in the team or the most talented player in the team. Just appreciating him in the way carragher does along with the likes of Roy Keane.

It's not like it's the rolling stones vs the Beatles or blur vs oasis.

It's possible just to buy both bands albums without the need to be a fanboy.

It's ok MC, just allow people to appreciate a good midfielder who is committed to the team. We aren't calling him the best player in the team or the most talented player in the team. Just appreciating him in the way carragher does along with the likes of Roy Keane.

What !

The wonderful life of Walter Mitty

Thought process of a juvenile forum poster:-

"I love Kevin Mirallas"

Then

"People are giving too much love to James McCarthy"

Then

"I need to tell them that Kevin Mirallas is the best player in the team"

Then

"They think he's ok, talented but a bad attitude and use McCarthy as an example of a good attitude and what he brings to the team"

Then

"I will tell them McCarthy is average"

Then

"They aren't really bothered and just dismiss my comments"

Then

"I need to make them realise how great my Kevin is"

Then

"Ffs I'm being taken the piss out of everyone because I'm blaming Martinez for mirallas behaving like a prick"

Then

"Back to the James McCarthy thread it is then"

Anyone remember Gunter Parche? If I was James McCarthy I wouldn't take any throw ins too close to the fans....

I don't think McCarthy is a Gerrard type far from it tbh hatred of the man aside he's a different level and has far more ability and to his game than McCarthy will ever have in my eyes

He's a great young player but he's more of a Mascherano type I think Henderson is on the right path to partly filling the void he's left/leaving

Agreed.

I'm going to get slated for this...but Gerrard at his prime is 100x the player than anyone we have at the club right now

Ross has the raw ability to be as good (or better) but only time will tell how that pans out.

Agreed.

I'm going to get slated for this...but Gerrard at his prime is 100x the player than anyone we have at the club right now

Ross has the raw ability to be as good (or better) but only time will tell how that pans out.

Wouldn't say 100 times like but you're right, in his prome he was much better than anything we have had for years.

Barkleys a different type of player annd he wont get anywhere near Gerrards standard.

Basically Gerrard and Scholes are the best 2 midfielders England have had since Gazza and there hasn't been anyone close to them.

Scholes was the better of the two IMO.

McCarthy is more of a Keane type player, you wouldn't compare Keane to Gerrard so I don't see the point in comparing McCarthy to Gerrard.

If he gets goals to his game and gets more forward then he has potential to be a real eye opening player.

• 3 months later...

Its strange but, gosling ( perhaps garbutt as well ) aside, we are generally very very good at renewing or rewarding players contracts. Younger players who have performed well even with 3-4 years left have had new contracts to reward their progression. McCarthy should have gotten a new contract if he is only on 40-50k but who knows the story.

I find it amazing that McCarthey goes and has a conversation with Martinez about his contract with a reporter in the room! I mean that's just asking for trouble! Martinez himself has openly said McCarthey is loving life at Everton and I'm sure he's on a decent contract as he's one of our most important players.

Shite story by a journalist with a bit of time on his hands and a page to fill!

Edited by smeghead1

Anyone who doesn't want to play for us can leave if all they are interested in is money,no one is irreplaceable.

Btay only 40 or 50 grand ffs.

Almost every player is only interested in themselves. How much money they can make or how to get a move to a club that offers more money. Trophies are a nice bonus, as is CL football.

Do you really think Lukaku, Mirallas, etc. care about Everton?

Anyone who doesn't want to play for us can leave if all they are interested in is money,no one is irreplaceable.

Btay only 40 or 50 grand ffs.

I see how that came across. I more meant his performances warrant that he be up around the 60k mark with the other key members of the squad. 40-50k isnt alot for a footballers wage, its just the way it is now

Both of those sides are graveyards for midfielders especially Spurs if true and he had any sense he'd surely know he wouldn't play constantly

Arsenal have Coquelin who has rapidly cemented his place and Spurs have an abundance of midfielders

Tinted glasses aside he'd have been perfect for United before LVG fully got his hands on a blank cheque book

"If" this is true - (I for one would love to know how it's got out). I kinda understand, Rom is on a well publicised £75k a week, jags £60k as well as Coleman I believe.

The lad deserves parity with top earners IMO. It's the way the game has gone, more tv money = more agents mischief.

Thats sort of what i meant earlier. I feel he contributes around the same as the boys on the higher pay packet and i think its fair enough that he ask to be around that wage too.

I've said this loads of times, he's not long signed for usz he will get his bigger deal after this season imo when he's done 3 years of this one. Everyone moans at the board for being shit but why pay him more money if we don't have to?

Players can't expect to sign a 5 year deal then automatically double their salary in 12 months flat. He signed for 5 years on those terms, it's perfectly reasonable to expect to play 3 seasons on them then get an improved deal if warranted in the 4th year.

I've said this loads of times, he's not long signed for usz he will get his bigger deal after this season imo when he's done 3 years of this one. Everyone moans at the board for being shit but why pay him more money if we don't have to?

Players can't expect to sign a 5 year deal then automatically double their salary in 12 months flat. He signed for 5 years on those terms, it's perfectly reasonable to expect to play 3 seasons on them then get an improved deal if warranted in the 4th year.

i agree to an extent but when one player is pulling his tripe out every game and others aren't you have to question your worth.

I'd argue that a massive part of "performance management" is ensuring your employees feel they are fairly reimbursed for what they do compared to their peers.

Contracts mean nothing with players who are money motivated. Agents know this and footallers do.