IGNORED

Southampton (A)

MikeO

Guest rusty747

I think we should pull Barry and put on Kone. Move Ross back along Besic. We need to go for it.

I agree. Afraid plan A isn't working. Bobby needs to give them a bollocking and tell them they have 15 minutes to sort it out or subs exactly as you suggest.

I am not normally given to histrionics or exaggeration but I think we have 45 minutes to decide if we are going to mount a top 6 challenge or settle for avoiding relegation. Another opportunity slipping through our fingers. Very, very frustrating. For me Lukaku needs benching for at least 3 games.

Edited by rusty747

Rom actually started ok. Then his natural cowardly can't be arsed nature gave them an own goal. He didn't not only be the only person not to jump, he fuckin ducked and it hit him. He was bothered about other players hitting him.

I'm sick of fookin moaning about him, Martinez can fuck off as well. Blowing £28m doesn't mean play him at all costs.

Well, we don't need to turn this into a chance for Pienaar-bashing. But, I'm in full agreement. We need more pace and players to run with the ball in midfield right now. Playing slow and considered is doing fuck all at the moment.

yeah didn't mean it as a pienaar bash, just that he slows the ball down THAT much, like stevie for reference.

Rom actually started ok. Then his natural cowardly can't be arsed nature gave them an own goal. He didn't not only be the only person not to jump, he fuckin ducked and it hit him. He was bothered about other players hitting him.

I'm sick of fookin moaning about him, Martinez can fuck off as well. Blowing £28m doesn't mean play him at all costs.

and we are sick of hearing it, please stop.

Lots of people saying Howard should have gotten to the own goal...I mean maybe but where's the offense? We've got what, two shots on goal? Their keeper hasn't been tested at all. Our corners are terrible and the only player that looks capable of breaking through with a special play is Barkley.

and we are sick of hearing it, please stop.

Ok do me a favour, don't mention he is 21 as though his balls are gonna drop in a couple of years and he is gonna be a £50m striker. He is never gonna be anything other than a striker who scores a few goals here and there and who lets play break down because he is clumsy.

That own goal was a complete disgrace. Not just from his clumsyness, but his complete lack of heart. He just is not a winner. He doesn't deserve to be in the same team as naismith, McCarthy, besic.

Guest rusty747

Just seen 3 replays of Lukaku's og. The man is a coward. He ducks out of the challenge, turns away (insode his own 6 yard box) and his eyes off the ball which promptly hits him and deflects into the net.

I am afraid that my patience with, and support for, Lukaku is now a thing of the past.

Honestly, not sure the praise for Barkley here. He's running at the defense, but he's lost the ball prematurely every time and is letting them counter, which is what they're set up to do with Tadic, Schneiderlin, and Wanyama out. They have no central midfield at all and I think we should be trying to dominate play in that area and then spread it out to Coleman and Baines, who are looking fine to me. Barkley repeatedly making runs through the middle and losing it is not working.