IGNORED

Newcastle away

duncanmckenzieismagic

Thoughts:

1) Every time there's a lead, the team sits back, which is awful considering how rotten defensively they are. So I have to say I saw it coming, despite Newcastle not having any decent attacking threat other than Ayoze Perez (he looks very good to be 18!).

2) McGeady is not good enough for this level.

3) Eto'o is the best attacking midfielder out there. What has happened with Barry? McCarthy is also quite unsure in posession, they should watch a video of their games last season because now under the slightest pressure from the rivals they pass back.

4) I'm happy to see Garbutt doing well, and Baines is pressing quite well. The rest of the team look like a bunch of strangers, they really don't know whether to sit back, to press up, to close down...

All in all, I see a 3-1 victory for Newcastle. Shame, because some players seem very much trying and some others are lackdaisal out there.

Let me ask you guys this question since I am a relatively new football/Everton fan:

Is this the same style of play last season when they kicked arse and finished 5th? It seems to me that this Martinez style isn't working and I'm baffled at how it worked last year?

Barkley is on - hopefully some new chances and energy created