IGNORED

Newcastle away

duncanmckenzieismagic

I hate lukaku aswell. Hugs all his fucking brothers at the end of every game and doesn't look arsed at all. Fuck him off get some of our money back. There must be some other mugs who would take a punt at him.

Since he came on he was working his fucking dick off for us. Give the guy a break. He was one of the only ones showing a bit of effort. Sure, he held his run when Coleman put in that weak cross. But, Coleman is so unpredictable, he probably thought he might just dribble it into the stands.

This is fucking abysmal. Kone, Alcaraz and Robles have done well I dont know what the fuck is going on with the rest of them. Distin, Coleman and Barry have awful and all over the place. I am surprised to see Barry start up against Sissokho because he quite literally bullied him all game and at least Besic would have had the legs on him. Distin didnt look like he knew what day it was. His positioning was terrible and Alcaraz was doing the job of 3 men (because Coleman was just as shite even with the assist).

Etoo was dreadful, linked up ok in places but so many passes over hit, wasted a glorious chance and generally wasnt at the races. Garbutt did ok, bright spots and novicey moments too. My main gripe with him was that he kept coming inside when we needed width. His delivery wasnt as good as normal either.

McCarthy did ok in the first half, just letting himself down by not closing down the cross from the goal quick enough. He normally races out to the ball 40 yards from goal but when its 20 yards out he seems to let them do what they want.

The Baines experiment was an interesting one as he was played more advanced than I would have. His passing was slow, he only ran in spurts but he did block off that left hand channel really well. His assist for the goal was excellent and he would be better deeper but in the role he was asked to play, it was a little pointless.

McGeady was fucking shite. I said a couple of games ago that I would start him because he brings width but he didnt even do that today. Let them in for the goal too. Poor.

Kone was a highlight, I was made up he scored and his allround play was excellent.

Robles also did well, could have done better with the punch for the 2nd but overall he made some good saves.

The subs didnt do anything, Barkley was terrible and couldnt get up to the speed of the game. Mirallas finished his chance exquisitely but also couldnt get involved and Lukaku barely got a sniff.

Absolutely terrible overall. No pace, no desire and too many people taking 3 touches when they should be taking 1.

What's he managed to do? One pass.... There's no denying he got a great assist but he does not suit playing in the middle. We were all over the place. Possibly one of the most shambolic performances I've seen in the last 18 months.

He looked quote tidy there didn't he?

Didn't he keep the ball quite well, make passes to his own players, put tackles in and set up a goal?

That was in the middle of a performance that deserved to lose by more than we did.

You miss the point MC, I didn't say he can slip straight in and make the place his own, but that it gives us another option and that he wasn't actually that bad.

Compare him to the rest of our midfield abd he looked a star.

AWFUL - only QPR have conceded more.

I said this at the beginning of the season and said when he had Wigan his sides leaked too many goals and its happening here and I got fucking slaughtered for saying it, laughed at in some quarters with phrases like "yes but he didn't have our water tight defence there did he" and such.

Well fuck me look whats happened. Shittest part of that is I take absolutely no pleasure in being right in fact I'm seriously destroyed right now that I was right.

Didn't he keep the ball quite well, make passes to his own players, put tackles in and set up a goal?

That was in the middle of a performance that deserved to lose by more than we did.

You miss the point MC, I didn't say he can slip straight in and make the place his own, but that it gives us another option and that he wasn't actually that bad.

He really didn't though he looked lost up until Newcastle decided to sit back. Headless chicken for me. Not his fault though.

Barry was our best midfielder today - unfortunately

I said this at the beginning of the season and said when he had Wigan his sides leaked too many goals and its happening here and I got fucking slaughtered for saying it, laughed at in some quarters with phrases like "yes but he didn't have our water tight defence there did he" and such.

Well fuck me look whats happened. Shittest part of that is I take absolutely no pleasure in being right in fact I'm seriously destroyed right now that I was right.

I see where you're coming from, but think about the last two goals and how they came about. Stupid errors.

No Shukes mate, he looked lost for most of the game, was constantly being caught out of position and our midfield wasvirtually none existant. Great ball for the goal though but he can produce that anywhere on the pitch.

Guest rusty747

I really do think Bobby has lost the dressing room. And once that happens it will only be a matter of time before Bobby jumps or gets pushed. The season has gone. Let's just make sure we avoid relegation.

I really do think Bobby has lost the dressing room. And once that happens it will only be a matter of time before Bobby jumps or gets pushed. The season has gone. Let's just make sure we avoid relegation.

There just seems no fught for him Rusty does there. No grit or determination, no socks rolled down and sleeves rolled up and COME ON LETS FUCKING GET THIS BACK ON TRACK WE're better than this" mentality there's just nothing other than acceptance of defeat. We look resigned to it every game.

Since he came on he was working his fucking dick off for us. Give the guy a break. He was one of the only ones showing a bit of effort. Sure, he held his run when Coleman put in that weak cross. But, Coleman is so unpredictable, he probably thought he might just dribble it into the stands.

Listen to what you've put. A good striker chances the run everytime. That's why he is not an instinctive striker. Never will be.

We pass the ball backwards, sideways and forwards at snails pace until we give it away. Then from inside the opponents half we take three passes back to the goalie. The opposition have sussed this and a forward pressurises our goalie who has to kick long and we lose possession anyway. We might as well have risked a through ball when we were in their half. Barkley gave them one goal and very nearly another and he wasn't on for long. When we got our early goal we sat back and defended it and lost any momentum we had built up. The last 10 minutes showed how rickety their defence was but we left it too late.

Guest rusty747

Bill K might need to do something pronto. Our next league games are away at Hull (who are fighting for their lives, each other and their manager) and Man City. If we lose both of those or only get a point at Hull and get beat by Man C then we will be well and truly involved in a relegation dogfight.

The problem then will be our lack of leadership and organisation. Teams like Burnley, QPR and Hull have been down there all season and they each believe they can scrap and battle their way to a 17th place finish to ensure they will avoid relegation. We will still be playing tippy tappy football across the back four when we are in the bottom three if we stick with Bobby.

I loved what we achieved last year and I was effusive in my praise of Roberto. But he has been found out and he has no answers, no leadership skills and pisses people off with his rose tinted view of life. I'm afraid he has to go. Soon.

I know I was someone that had a knee jerkish reaction of wanting Martinez out last game but I think he had a better "managing" game today. He made some interesting changes, sitting Lukaku for Kone who scored and did a solid job holding up play, especially in the second half. I was fuming when Cisse elbowed Coleman and the ref had a CLEAR view of it and... did nothing. Needless to say I punched my wall when he scored minutes later. Another game where a red card may have changed the game. The Baines experiment was also ok in my books, I don't think he did too bad and wouldn't mind seeing it in future games.

The problem to me just lies with Distin and Barry. Alcaraz was ok in my books, but Distin is simply past it. This should be his last season with the squad. I appreciate all that he's done for the team but he is finished. Robles should have done better for the 1st and his positioning was just poor this game. I honestly think we were lucky his lack of coming out for some balls didn't cost us another goal. As for Barry... I really hope Besic is just simply ill and that Martinez is not playing favorites.

The game at Hull will be massive now, we need the 3 points. We are 16 points worst off than last year with predominantly the same squad... 16 points...

Edit: Almost forgot to mention how good of a player Mirallas is, the difference between him and McGeady is not comparable. We need another winger like Mirallas in the upcoming transfer window.

Edited by Toffee_in_LA