IGNORED

Fickle fans

Having read the Newcastle thread last night, I can't believe just how fickle some fans can be. The team goes through a sticky patch, and our manager is suddenly crap, our best players are suddenly crap, our tactics are crap, and everyone should be fired. Indeed, it would appear that some armchair warriors are so confident they are right that they seriously think they could do a better job and they are the only ones with the right answers. Quite frankly, this is hilarious. Of course, everyone has the right to post their own opinions, but it takes some gall to think we know it all and to turn on the team in sometimes rather vicious ways. The name-calling would appear to be classic examples of ad-hom attacks revealing weak and unsubstantiated claims. Personally, I'm hoping that the bad moods will be healed with the passage of time. If not, maybe the term 'fan' needs to be redefined to mean someone who supports the team, its players, and its manager only when they win.

Having read the Newcastle thread last night, I can't believe just how fickle some fans can be. The team goes through a sticky patch, and our manager is suddenly crap, our best players are suddenly crap, our tactics are crap, and everyone should be fired. Indeed, it would appear that some armchair warriors are so confident they are right that they seriously think they could do a better job and they are the only ones with the right answers. Quite frankly, this is hilarious. Of course, everyone has the right to post their own opinions, but it takes some gall to think we know it all and to turn on the team in sometimes rather vicious ways. The name-calling would appear to be classic examples of ad-hom attacks revealing weak and unsubstantiated claims. Personally, I'm hoping that the bad moods will be healed with the passage of time. If not, maybe the term 'fan' needs to be redefined to mean someone who supports the team, its players, and its manager only when they win.

Attention seeking Alert!!!!!

I one for one agree, even though I can often be classed as one of those fickle fans.

Mine comes from frustration, nothing more. I don't mean anything personal and don't mean to offend....well not always ;-)

But I do support the team, players and manager. And always will. Once it's in your blood there no going back.

I think we are all a bit fickle at times. Especially when feeling a bit angry.

I doubt there aren't many fans in the land who aren't a bit fickle.

There has though been some real over the top stuff being said. It's a bit daft but even Sir Alex, Wenger and Mourinho have their constant critics.

I agree to an extent, but to highlight tactics, manager, formation, players... There has to be some outpour of emotion otherwise there's no point in having a forum open in the first place.

I do agree with the manager comment though. It was almighty bobby brown shoes, can't do anything wrong, he's brought a winning mentality, he's taken moyes on and pushed us to the next level. He was always going to be tested at some point. This test is now and he has some bad bellends at his throat already.

Everyone seems to now mention "he's doing a wigan" well he wasn't doing a wigan last season, Wigan don't win in Europe comfortabley and look at them now struggling at the foot of championship. It was a matter of time that Wigan would go down.

I agree to an extent, but to highlight tactics, manager, formation, players... There has to be some outpour of emotion otherwise there's no point in having a forum open in the first place.

I do agree with the manager comment though. It was almighty bobby brown shoes, can't do anything wrong, he's brought a winning mentality, he's taken moyes on and pushed us to the next level. He was always going to be tested at some point. This test is now and he has some bad bellends at his throat already.

Everyone seems to now mention "he's doing a wigan" well he wasn't doing a wigan last season, Wigan don't win in Europe comfortabley and look at them now struggling at the foot of championship. It was a matter of time that Wigan would go down.

Jesus Christ what is the world coming to , a well thought out post from Brett

I think he's somewhere in between. This isn't a blip in form. We're half way through the season and have been very ordinary from day 1. We were thumped all pre-season as well.

Things haven't been right since the summer.

Im not stirring up another argument but did u say this after the home game against lille and Wolfsburg? Not to mention Burnley away, villa home, qpror home, west brom away.

Im not stirring up another argument but did u say this after the home game against lille and Wolfsburg? Not to mention Burnley away, villa home, qpror home, west brom away.

We haven't played anywhere near the standard of last season. All our performances have been ordinary. The Wolfsburg wins for me were pretty lucky. The scores wernt a true reflection of either game.

I agree with you, and that's especially evident during a game. Ten minutes after the start against Newcastle, there were comments about McGeady being brilliant; by half-time, he was the devil incarnate. That will always be the case. What frustrates me, though, are the extreme comments, often personal, well after the game is over. These are considered comments, not emotional comments made on the spur of the moment. They would appear to be more about grinding personal axes.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ian-snodin-roberto-martinez-right-8358533

I think Ian Snodin says it perfectly here. He supports the club, but even he concedes that changes must be made in RM's strategies. I think supporting the club and wanting change when the team is going down the toilet are completely independent of each other.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ian-snodin-roberto-martinez-right-8358533

I think Ian Snodin says it perfectly here. He supports the club, but even he concedes that changes must be made in RM's strategies. I think supporting the club and wanting change when the team is going down the toilet are completely independent of each other.

Very true but unfortunately with some Everton fans todays hero is tomorrows scapegoat