IGNORED

Samuel Eto’o

which is effectively releasing him... takes him to the end of his contract.

Wonder if he has been getting in the way???

I was thinking the same. I always thought his attitude would have a bad impact, hope I'm not being proven right....

I was thinking the same. I always thought his attitude would have a bad impact, hope I'm not being proven right....

which is effectively releasing him... takes him to the end of his contract.

Wonder if he has been getting in the way???

My sentiments exactly. Not so much that he's causing trouble. Maybe having him in and around the squad has made other players uncomfortable. He is a world class superstar. Our squad is made up of honest hardworking footballers.

The videos of the "clique" Mirallas, Lukaku & Eto'o seems to shed light that the primadonna's may be forming groups in the squad. Those threes ego's alone are not healthy especially if Mirallas and Lukaku are being influenced by Eto'o.

Edited by MC11

He has a history of leading rebellions which I pointed out in the thread before we signed him. Could he be stiring shit?

I hope that he and the club have been speaking to each other on good terms and that he simply has been told that the club is prefering Lukaku in the lone striker role. Allowing Etoo to leave while freeing up wages.

Strange signing to begin with if you ask me. We had just spent a shit load on a striker in a 1 striker system. Did they really think that Etoo would be happy playing behind the striker or sitting on the bench? Did Everton tell him that thats what they wanted from him?

He has a history of leading rebellions which I pointed out in the thread before we signed him. Could he be stiring shit?

I hope that he and the club have been speaking to each other on good terms and that he simply has been told that the club is prefering Lukaku in the lone striker role. Allowing Etoo to leave while freeing up wages.

Strange signing to begin with if you ask me. We had just spent a shit load on a striker in a 1 striker system. Did they really think that Etoo would be happy playing behind the striker or sitting on the bench? Did Everton tell him that thats what they wanted from him?

Someone posted a message about a week ago about Eto'o potentially being disruptive to loyalty and team spirit. It was all hearsay - someone who knows someone - but it would explain why a move to Sampdoria could be happening.

Martinez has said this isn't happening . I'd be surprised if it did. All bollocks in my eyes. You could see how much he cares the way he was fuming in the West Ham game.

All rumoursand bollocks imo he'll be an important player for us second half of this seasonespecially if we click again and start playing well.

He's being played out of position weekin week out and he isjuat getting on withit, no comments to thepress, no dummy spitting no nothing. He'll be sound.

he's had a few good moments but would not be missed.

If he stays I hope he improves and does well.

He hasn'tset the worldon fire to be fair but he has a goal in him and is a classact. If it is just rumours and he isn't causing trouble better he is with us than not.

You bought a legit Eto'o Everton shirt.

One of the greatest strikers of all time.

Playing for Everton.

Treasure it. Stop bitchin'.

...to add to this... get a signature on it (if you can locate him!) and get it framed.

My Rooney shirt hangs proudly between Hibbert and big Dunc!

You bought a legit Eto'o Everton shirt.

One of the greatest strikers of all time.

Playing for Everton.

Treasure it. Stop bitchin'.

bitching? It's a kids kit, he wanted to wear it not hsve it ss a keep sake. £100 for a new one now and that hasn't even been worn once. It'll end up at the charity shop be arsed keeping that, waste of time.

It must be hard taking instructions from a manager only a few years older than you when you've achieved much more than him. Perhaps he's just not buying into what Martinez wants. I was under the impression a massive part of him signing was to mentor Lukaku, so I agree with you MC, its weird he's only lasted 4 months.

bitching? It's a kids kit, he wanted to wear it not hsve it ss a keep sake. £100 for a new one now and that hasn't even been worn once. It'll end up at the charity shop be arsed keeping that, waste of time.

He's a kid. Let him wear it? Then keep it. I don't see what's so hard to understand?

You're now talking about giving it to charity???? You're moaning about paying £100 and that you're now not happy that the player may leave, so keep it for the memories. But instead, you're talking about giving the £100 away to charity, because the player's moved on?

You're mad, man.

I'd rather spend £100 and keep it, than give it away.

It's a shame that he's had it put on the kit and he looks as though he's going to leave after only 4 months. But that's the chance you take getting a name and number on a kit.

Look at Liverpool. They brought their new kit out and sold thousands of Suarez shirts advertising the kit with him in it. Few weeks later he was sold!!

Edited by MC11

I wonder if the club will consider reimbursement? I know its a bit late on the season, but they've done this before

I never get a name or number, because it's my shirt and when I play in it I pretend it's me playing for Everton. Childish I know, but I don't care :D

It's not like you bought him a kit with Denis Straq on the back is it? A 3 club champions league winner... lets be honest in years to come when Eto is still spoken about as one of the best strikers to have played the game your son will be able to say "I've got his name on the 2014-2015 kit, seen him play etc etc"

There some players who I feel lucky to have seen play at goodison - Gullit, Koeman, etc and Eto should be on that list.

He's a kid. Let him wear it? Then keep it. I don't see what's so hard to understand?

You're now talking about giving it to charity???? You're moaning about paying £100 and that you're now not happy that the player may leave, so keep it for the memories. But instead, you're talking about giving the £100 away to charity, because the player's moved on?

You're mad, man.

I'd rather spend £100 and keep it, than give it away.

He wont wear it that's the whole point. Soon as I mentioned it last night he said "I'm not wearing that if he doesn't play for us any more.

Just one of those things isn't it. Tbh I thought out of all the players he could choose he'd be safe with Eto'o until the end of the season, evidentally not.

I wont be forcing him to wear it that's for sure. Kids can be seriously cruel with their tongues over stuff like that. My Dad used to make me wear stuff I didn't want and I hated it. No way will I do the same to him.

It's a shame that he's had it put on the kit and he looks as though he's going to leave after only 4 months. But that's the chance you take getting a name and number on a kit.

Look at Liverpool. They brought their new kit out and sold thousands of Suarez shirts advertising the kit with him in it. Few weeks later he was sold!!

Yep spot on, one of those things, defo thought he'd be safe with that name like but that's the way it goes.

I wonder if the club will consider reimbursement? I know its a bit late on the season, but they've done this before

I never get a name or number, because it's my shirt and when I play in it I pretend it's me playing for Everton. Childish I know, but I don't care :D

No there's a disclaimer in the shop when you get one to say it's tough shit if a player goes. Chance you take really.

No there's a disclaimer in the shop when you get one to say it's tough shit if a player goes. Chance you take really.

It's been done in the past, but only for players (Arteta & Beckford) who left in August.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/everton-fc-chairman-bill-kenwright-3365487

Might be worth an email to whoever the head of communications is now explaining,