IGNORED

Crystal Palace (away)

Kev627

They better not need resting! Been 'off' for 2 weeks. The swine. In Qatar. Bastards.

Seriously though, there is no reason to rest anyone. They should come back from Qatar fired up, focused, and ready to play some smooth football. So the script says!

Guest rusty747

Lets get one thing straight. This is a relegation dogfight must not lose match and Palace are at home and the form team.

If we get beat we will be bottom three by the end of Feb. if we win we could be top 7 or 8 by the end of the season. This game is all about Roberto and the squad standing up and being counted.

If you offered me a draw now I would take it.

Lets get one thing straight. This is a relegation dogfight must not lose match and Palace are at home and the form team.

If we get beat we will be bottom three by the end of Feb. if we win we could be top 7 or 8 by the end of the season. This game is all about Roberto and the squad standing up and being counted.

And how utterly shit is it that our season has become praying for draws against Crystal Palace.

It'sfucking shocking. I've been thinking about our path since Martinez took over it really is soul destroying.

I shall make a long post about it very shortly... I can feel one coming ??

And how utterly shit is it that our season has become praying for draws against Crystal Palace.

It'sfucking shocking. I've been thinking about our path since Martinez took over it really is soul destroying.

I shall make a long post about it very shortly... I can feel one coming ??

There's still something to play for this season! Europa and push for top 10. Given it's Robertos first season dealing with Europe I would settle for say 8th and a very solid run through Europe. I still maintain that a solid run of results will push us up the table.

There's still something to play for this season! Europa and push for top 10. Given it's Robertos first season dealing with Europe I would settle for say 8th and a very solid run through Europe. I still maintain that a solid run of results will push us up the table.

We wont get much further in Europa. Soon as we play a good team it'll be tatty bye.

We're in a relegation scrap trust me.

I'll remind you of this exchange at the end of Feb and see where we are then.

We wont get much further in Europa. Soon as we play a good team it'll be tatty bye.

We're in a relegation scrap trust me.

I'll remind you of this exchange at the end of Feb and see where we are then.

We don't need negativity is my point. There's still something to play for so I'll support in the most positive way I can until there isn't. To me I feel that helps the team more then the people booing the players in the second minute for keeping possession. It's not to say I don't understand the frustration and respect the concerns, it's just what I think best suits the team

Guest rusty747

I still support the team and have not yet resorted to booing - though God knows, I've felt like it a few times. I think we are all pretty much saying the same thing here:

Let's get behind the team but we must acknowledge we are in a relegation dogfight.

Thete is no such thing as being too good to go down. It has happened in the past - Leeds, Man C, Man U, Chelsea have all had spells out of the top flight. And if we don't get our heads right Everton may be added to that list.

I still support the team and have not yet resorted to booing - though God knows, I've felt like it a few times. I think we are all pretty much saying the same thing here:

Let's get behind the team but we must acknowledge we are in a relegation dogfight.

Thete is no such thing as being too good to go down. It has happened in the past - Leeds, Man C, Man U, Chelsea have all had spells out of the top flight. And if we don't get our heads right Everton may be added to that list.

Exactly!!

All this "positivity" shit does my head in. When I'm in the ground I sing my lungs out I encourage the team I cheer the team and I NEVER boo or show my displeasure but I also live in the real world. We're struggling badly and we're in the shit. I go every home game and try and get to a few aways a season to support them as much as I can but being real about the situation isn't going to make an iota of difference to the situation. Burying your head in the sand and saying "we'll be alright " might though

Exactly!!

All this "positivity" shit does my head in. When I'm in the ground I sing my lungs out I encourage the team I cheer the team and I NEVER boo or show my displeasure but I also live in the real world. We're struggling badly and we're in the shit. I go every home game and try and get to a few aways a season to support them as much as I can but being real about the situation isn't going to make an iota of difference to the situation. Burying your head in the sand and saying "we'll be alright " might though

I don't think anyone is being "head in the sand" as such. I just think some believe we are in a rut and are looking for positives that may swing things:-

players improving morale wise

mccarthy returning

RM being more flexible

getting a few decisions go our way

I don't think anyone is being "head in the sand" as such. I just think some believe we are in a rut and are looking for positives that may swing things:-

players improving morale wise

mccarthy returning

RM being more flexible

getting a few decisions go our way

I agree. The situation on paper looks grim but having confidence in the team's ability to pull out of it is just that, it's not burying your head in anything it's looking at the circumstances and interpreting them in a different way.

I've been through many seasons where we've been in far worse positions with far worse players and we've not gone down yet. There may come a time this year where I get seriously worried but I'm not there yet; and my eyes are wide open.

we have got to look higher than drawing with palace surely. even though our form suggests otherwise.

and this talk about RM being more flexible according to the media is coming from the players allegedly ?.

Exactly!!

I wasn't attacking you earlier by saying to stay positive.. I too acknowledge were in all sorts, and I too am frustrated with you. It's just out season isn't over, we could go on a run in Europa and in the league, we might come up against a strong team and put in performance like we did against city and get the result or we could go dog balls and get pumped! But until there's no possibility of success what so ever I'm remaining positive as it's the least I believe I can do as supporter...

Guest rusty747

Our next 5 league games are

Palace away

Liverpool home

Chelsea away

Leicester home

Arsenal away.

How many points do you think we will get from those games. I would say no more than 4 or 5. And that assumes a home win over Leicester which is not a given. Come first of March we could very well be played 27 points 27 and that is bottom three territory.

Our next 5 league games are

Palace away

Liverpool home

Chelsea away

Leicester home

Arsenal away.

How many points do you think we will get from those games. I would say no more than 4 or 5. And that assumes a home win over Leicester which is not a given. Come first of March we could very well be played 27 points 27 and that is bottom three territory.

8 points hopefully.

I agree. The situation on paper looks grim but having confidence in the team's ability to pull out of it is just that, it's not burying your head in anything it's looking at the circumstances and interpreting them in a different way.

I've been through many seasons where we've been in far worse positions with far worse players and we've not gone down yet. There may come a time this year where I get seriously worried but I'm not there yet; and my eyes are wide open.

It's the manager that's worrying me Mike not the players. We all know on paper this squad is far too good to go down, it's a top 7 side easily but we're in a relegation fight. That has to fall on the managers doorstep.

Is he too stubborn to change and leave us leaking goals not suring up at the back and passing the ball round the back like we've got all year to atart winning matches.

I'm not sure he can keep us up to be honest.

Guest rusty747

Haf, I assume you are predicting wins v Palace and Leicester and draws v Liverpool and either Chelsea or Arsenal? I wish I shared your belief and optimism. P5 w2 d2 l1.

Realistically I can see Palace beating us, Liverpool beating us or maybe drawing, Chelsea and Arsenal beating us and hopefully we can beat Leicester. P5 w1 d1 l3.

Edited by rusty747

Haf, I assume you are predicting wins v Palace and Leicester and draws v Liverpool and either Chelsea or Arsenal? I wish I shared your belief and optimism. P5 w2 d2 l1.

Realistically I can see Palace beating us, Liverpool beating us or maybe drawing, Chelsea and Arsenal beating us and hopefully we can beat Leicester. P5 w1 d1 l3.

I see it exactly the same. Palace are our bigey team, Liverpool... Well we just never beat them regardless of form or circumstances, we never win at Arsenal and Chelsea will be crowned champions so hard to see us getting anything there either. Hopefully we'll have enough to beat Leicester ?

It's the manager that's worrying me Mike not the players. We all know on paper this squad is far too good to go down, it's a top 7 side easily but we're in a relegation fight. That has to fall on the managers doorstep.

Is he too stubborn to change and leave us leaking goals not suring up at the back and passing the ball round the back like we've got all year to atart winning matches.

This is spot on.

Comparing seasons where we've had worse squads is daft. Basing this on the Moyes era..... Those squads were full of hardworking grafters, who knew how to grind out results. The teams were set up to be hard to beat. This side could quite easily cave in especially because of the manager and his tactics.

The fact is this season is NOT good enough whether we are relegated or not. People can use all the cliches they want (second season syndrome etc) it's irrelevant. Martinez has a squad of good players who've been together for over 18 months (some longer) and he can't get them playing. If we don't win at least two of the next three surely he has to go?

Guest rusty747

I am not happy with Martinez either but replacing him now would do more harm than good imho. I think we need to ensure survival and then review Martinez' situation. I have a feeling that is what Bill K will do. But who would you get to replace him?

I am not happy with Martinez either but replacing him now would do more harm than good imho. I think we need to ensure survival and then review Martinez' situation. I have a feeling that is what Bill K will do. But who would you get to replace him?

I don't "think" we'll go down but how many times do you think that's been said? BK has to make a choice? Whether it will be the right one is another matter a defeat on Saturday will be 1 win in 14 games. If the alarm bells aren't ringing with those figures nothing will.

I think we'll beat Palace and Leicester and get a point at Liverpool maybe Arsenal.

We have been so much worst and just need a few goals to go in to get some confidence back.

If we're still in the same boat in a month then I'll accept we are in a relegation fight. Until then I can't see how the teams below us are going to overtake us.

Not for a moment suggesting you're not entitled to your opinion Pad, just saying that people who disagree with it don't "have their head in the sand." They (me included) have the same information as you and are watching the same games under the same manager but have a different opinion on what the outcome will be.

Daft to suggest that just because people don't agree with you they're not watching.

Not for a moment suggesting you're not entitled to your opinion Pad, just saying that people who disagree with it don't "have their head in the sand." They (me included) have the same information as you and are watching the same games under the same manager but have a different opinion on what the outcome will be.

Daft to suggest that just because people don't agree with you they're not watching.

You have me all wrong Mike. I'm not talking about ALL not worrying but certain people with the "don't be negative it'll affect the team" or "we need to stay positive or it'll doom us" brigade.

Doesn't matter if fans are positive or negative, in the ground during matches they are behind the team where it counts. Places like this is where they come to voice concern. Some are literally refusing to accept there's a problem referring to it as a "dip in form" when it's quite clearly much more serious than that.

Wasn't referring to people not agreeing that would just be narrow minded but some people need to wake up and smell the threat of relegation mate because it's looming.

I honestly think we're going to go down. While I accept moat wont others complete denial there is massive issues rooted deep are in for a shock.

Next season IF we survive will be the same if we keep him.