IGNORED

Crystal Palace (away)

Kev627

It's all gone a bit quiet on the forum tonight??

Usually there's a tonne of posts after a game recently.

Where's everyone gone???

It's the Everton way. The "hair shirt and self flagellation" section need time to collect their thoughts. The backlash will come ;).

On the way to the dogs in a better mood than usual.

But I do agree, it wasn't as bad as we are making out. Three points against an inform team, and restricting them to nothing is something to build on.

Absolutely.

No one gave us a chance before this game.

Now we've won, defended solid, it's something to build on. A small step.

Absolutely.

No one gave us a chance before this game.

Now we've won, defended solid, it's something to build on. A small step.

The way the results have gone today I think its a massive step.

I couldn't care less that it was a shite performance and a slightly fortuitous goal, it is all about the points at this stage and so to get all 3 is very pleasing

I couldn't care less that it was a shite performance and a slightly fortuitous goal, it is all about the points at this stage and so to get all 3 is very pleasing

Was about to post the same. And defensively it wasn't a shite performance.

There must be a lot of deluded folks around, then. 13 of 22 predicted an Everton win.

You know Steve, after I write that post I went back and read this thread from the beginning. I was surprised how many said we'd win this one, apologies to you all. Maybe it's just that those who didn't think so, made more 'noise'?

Plus no pundits gave us a sniff either.

1st 5 or 6 minutes was exciting to watch.....then it was like watching snails copulate. Can't say they were great, but they took the 3 pts. Ultimately that is all that matters.

Sometimes they have momentum like a speeding Porsche or AMG, then they hit the brakes to take a detour down a side street to find a different way to the destination, and most of the time usually get lost (get dispossessed). FFS take that car in speeding - yes you may hit something but at least you will sometimes get to where you need to be! I think this is the Martinez way and frankly its boring, predictable, and we lose valuable chances. Maybe a terrible analogy, but its what I was thinking about watching this match.

I'm one of very few who thought we'd win this game. Probably got put down as deluded....again! But I must admit I thought we would win with a much better performance. But 3 points is 3 points.

We looked solid at the back, maybe that's what we worked on in Qatar? And the team certainly seemed united at the final whistle.

I was frustrated with our decision making in and around their 18 yard box. Confidence will bring that up to spec.

If we can stay solid at the back, keep the team unity, continue picking up points, then I see confidence returning and we can get back to our normal expressive selves.

It's 5 games without defeat. I see us carrying this on. Hopefully the '1 in 13' will become a thing of the past.

Don't want to say much else. Still work to do. Plenty of it. Still think we'll beat the redshite too.

Who said you were deluded because you thought we'd win? There's a chance we will win every game we play regardless of the opposition so nobody is deluded for thinking we would win.

I thought we would lose, thought we looked dodgy at the back and Robles was all over the place first 20 but after that we seemed to settle down and defensively we were ok.

We played poorly but we won, the way things are at the minute I don't care how the points come as long as they come. Hopefully Martinez has learned that it's better to win ugly than lose playing well after this.

Great result and it was ground out. Another clean sheet as well and the players at the end looked really pumped and aggresively happy which REALLY pleased me.

One step at a time though, that's the first step in pulling out the mire we're not out of it yet by a long shot but I'm proud of the lads today they showed they wanted it and they showed they cared and they're capable of winning ugly and withno soft underbelly.

Fingers, toes and everything else crossed.

Had a bit of a talk with that someone who told me about Eto.... Or Ego as my phone wants to spell it.

What the fuck, it was horrendous. I'll say the info comes directly from a player who represents bwhat Everton means to us but.........

Eto decided after a game that he demand Martinez and his coaching staff leave the room as he wanted to address the players. For whatever reason he actually did along with a fair few players, some stayed out of intrigue some out of loyalty to this new rebel who told them

"leave this club and get your money elsewhere, you won't win trophies here"

His right hand man was mirallas. His other chum was pienaar.

I was actually shown the name on the phone. Personally said they felt sick, Martinez basically couldn't deal with the situation. Bad times.

You're right. With Chelsea and City drawing, we have closed the gap on them by 2 points.

I like you're way if thinking. It's infectious.

Had a bit of a talk with that someone who told me about Eto.... Or Ego as my phone wants to spell it.

What the fuck, it was horrendous. I'll say the info comes directly from a player who represents bwhat Everton means to us but.........

Eto decided after a game that he demand Martinez and his coaching staff leave the room as he wanted to address the players. For whatever reason he actually did along with a fair few players, some stayed out of intrigue some out of loyalty to this new rebel who told them

I was actually shown the name on the phone. Personally said they felt sick, Martinez basically couldn't deal with the situation. Bad times.

Oh come on mate.

You know I agree with loads of what you say in various topics. I remember that was one of the first things I said when I joined, having read the forum for a good while. But this? It's such unstable info for us lot. It discredits you in my eyes.

And in the match day thread? Why not the Eto'o thread? Maybe that was a mistake.

It was a lot of things but it was only boring for the neutral, which of course is what you are.

You're a weirdo, MikeO. Go tell it in everyone's face of those who thought it was a terrible or boring game that they're not EFC supporters. Go ahead. It's your logic. facepalm.gif

Oh come on mate.

You know I agree with loads of what you say in various topics. I remember that was one of the first things I said when I joined, having read the forum for a good while. But this? It's such unstable info for us lot. It discredits you in my eyes.

And in the match day thread? Why not the Eto'o thread? Maybe that was a mistake.

I was watching the game, the lad told me at half time. He's a full on blue, telling me to get off lukakus back.

Basically the shit has been flying, I backed Eto but are you saying this doesn't add up????

Apparently lukaku followed RM and wouldn't have it.

This is the reason you get picked on Billy Bullshitter.

I was watching the game, the lad told me at half time. He's a full on blue, telling me to get off lukakus back.

Basically the shit has been flying, I backed Eto but are you saying this doesn't add up????

Apparently lukaku followed RM and wouldn't have it.

I have a thing about speculation without any real evidence or facts. A bit like our stats, you know?! It's down to my growing dislike of newspapers/media and the sports supplements industry (a lot won't understand that!! Haha!!).

I get that something might have been wrong. But at the time, Martinez seemed reluctant to let him go, so who knows?

I had the same stance on the Distin rumours.

You're a weirdo, MikeO. Go tell it in everyone's face of those who thought it was a terrible or boring game that they're not EFC supporters. Go ahead. It's your logic. facepalm.gif

You're entitled to your opinion.

But....people who really cared about today's result were never bored by the game. It carried too much importance to us supporters.

Plus you're moving the goalposts, you initially said it was boring (which is what I was answering) but now you switch to "terrible or boring".