IGNORED

Young Boys Europa (A)

markjazzbassist

Big match here. Need a draw but a win is what I expect. We did well in the group of death and I expect us to do well agaisnt the Swiss. With the Leicester game so close the lineup will be interesting to see. I'd like some rotation.

Howard

Coleman Alcaraz Distin Garbutt

Gibson Besic

Atsu Barkley Mcgeady

Kone

Still think it's a strong enough lineup to get a draw or win Even though it's 2nd stringers.

First eleven for me.

This is our one chance of success this season, why risk anything less than full strength?

Put it to bed in the away leg and rest a few at Goodison, if anyone needs it.

My thinking is we need the Leicester result more than this since it's away. We can get the Leicester result and then full strength at home and then just throw up a prayer at arsenal.

Leicester first, young boys home second.

Has to, and will be our best 11, this is not game for an experimental (second string) line up like the first round of the league cup.

Injuries and knocks will dictate who will start after Leicester game. (Injuries may be an issue post game with the artificial pitch)

Here's my predicted lineup, with Barry suspended in the league, he is a walk up start. McArthy's slow return to fitness will dictate wether he starts here or if they are still monitoring his minutes. Obvious replacement been Besic if he's fit after been subbed at half time against Chelsea.

I expect us to sit a little deeper as we have been the last few games, let them have the ball at times and use the counter attack with Mirallas and Lukaku.

Predicting an Everton win, 0-2

Howard

Coleman Stones Jagielka Baines

McArthy Barry

Naismith Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku

Edited by DavisJD

Young boys have won 5 and drew 1 of their last 6 Matt?

:huh:

http://int.soccerway.com/teams/switzerland/bsc-young-boys-bern/2175/

Tue 20/01/15 CLF Hertha BSC 1 - 1 Young Boys More info

Fri 23/01/15 CLF Young Boys 2 - 4 Greuther Fürth More info

Sat 31/01/15 CLF Locarno 1 - 3 Young Boys More info

Tue 03/02/15 CLF Young Boys 1 - 3 Biel-Bienne More info

Sat 07/02/15 SUL Luzern 1 - 1 Young Boys View events

Lost 2, drew 2, won 1 against a bottom of the table side.

Edited by Matt

Yeah, they drew at the weekend with Luzern. Click on their name on the table and you see their last results since 20.01.2015

My bad, I didn't read the small print, that list includes the friendlies during the winter break. Their friendlies during that time are the results I posted

How competitive is the Swiss league? The way I see it, they are sounded by the Bundesliga, Ligue 1, and Serie A. Does that mean that the Swiss league is a stepping stone to one of the more tougher leagues? Does this make it hard for the Swiss league to retain talent and keep suitors away?

Edited by ForEverton2

Big match here. Need a draw but a win is what I expect. We did well in the group of death and I expect us to do well agaisnt the Swiss. With the Leicester game so close the lineup will be interesting to see. I'd like some rotation.

Howard

Coleman Alcaraz Distin Garbutt

Gibson Besic

Atsu Barkley Mcgeady

Kone

Still think it's a strong enough lineup to get a draw or win Even though it's 2nd stringers.

If its a big match why field a reserve side?

I think you'd need to compare them to a decent Championship team.

We're favourites to win for sure, but they'll be no mugs.

Agreed. It's hard to gauge exactly how good this swiss league is, but we should not underestimate there squad. They have more to prove at this point.

That said, I feel confident of a win.

Because Leicester is a bigger match. Our reserve side is very strong and atsu just kicked the Acon's ass so I really think this side could draw or win. We won't see it, but I'm confident in the boys.

Our reserve side is shite that's why we were out of both cups at the first hurdle, although we did field a strong side v West Ham

I agree Leicester is a huge game but the players have just had a good break with having no game this weekend so if they cant handle 2 games in a week there is something seriously wrong

Our reserve side is shite that's why we were out of both cups at the first hurdle, although we did field a strong side v West Ham

I agree Leicester is a huge game but the players have just had a good break with having no game this weekend so if they cant handle 2 games in a week there is something seriously wrong

Great point. Young boys is playing today or tomorrow so we will have that on them as well.

Guest rusty747

We have to start our strongest away European side.

For me, that is:

Howard

Coleman Stones Jags Baines

Barry Besic. Mcarthy

Mirallas. Lukaku. Oviedo

Enough there not to get beat (which is the priority) and still enough attacking threat to win. If you want to get braver, pull Barry or Besic for Barkley and go from 4-3-3 to 4-2-3-1.