Swansea (A)...Muhamed Besic

Crystal Palace (H)...Leighton Baines

Wolfsburg (H)...Tim Howard

West Brom (A)...Romelu Lukaku

Chelsea (H)...Kevin Mirallas

Arsenal (H)...Steven Naismith

Leicester (A)...Steven Naismith

Lukaku.

That was a solid performance. He showed some great control...I mean, control like I've never seen from him. Moved non stop, linked up brilliantly, made space for himself and team mates...towards the end, you could see his confidence had shot up.

Great effort.

Big shouts to Jags & McCarthy too.

Not entirely surprised for the shouts of Rom, but our captain actually acted like a captain and drove us forward, fought for the ball. It's close, but despite another goal and another assist, I still feel Jags is the one that made the biggest difference

He was excellent tonight.

Not entirely surprised for the shouts of Rom, but our captain actually acted like a captain and drove us forward, fought for the ball. It's close, but despite another goal and another assist, I still feel Jags is the one that made the biggest difference

Couldnt agree more. That was a real captains performance by Jags tonight proving that you dont need to be in the Refs face to be a good leader, and no fist waving to be seen!

What goal do you think I meant?

Didn't think I'd need to specify.

No, I thought that's what you meant. Just with you being, you know, a bit pedantic, didn't want to think wrong. Anyway...the crowd started to urge the team forward before the Dynamo goal. Or so I thought.

No, I thought that's what you meant. Just with you being, you know, a bit pedantic, didn't want to think wrong. Anyway...the crowd started to urge the team forward before the Dynamo goal. Or so I thought.

My pedantry is 99% self deprecating and signposted as such, you obviously miss the joke.

To the rest of it, I disagree. The crowd were on the back of the team (rightly so imo) until we got the equaliser because we were abject up to that point.

The goal was the pivotal moment; the crowd reacted to it, not the other way round. Before then the crowd were understandably sceptical and quiet.....and not a little angry.

I don't think that was the case in the Lower Gwladys , the crowd reacted as soon as the players upped the tempo and actually started passing the ball forward.

As soon as Barry played that through ball for Lukaku to run onto the crowd reacted and that seemed to give the players confidence, we then had a couple of chances after that before we did eventually score. So the crowd were right behind he team before the goal

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

I don't think that was the case in the Lower Gwladys , the crowd reacted as soon as the players upped the tempo and actually started passing the ball forward.

We had a few chances before the goal and that's what turned it IMO

Be very happy to be proved wrong on that, my thoughts are based just on the TV feed and my lad's increasing depression :huh:.

For the last hour it was obviously a great atmosphere and a great game to have been at!

My pedantry is 99% self deprecating and signposted as such, you obviously miss the joke.

To the rest of it, I disagree. The crowd were on the back of the team (rightly so imo) until we got the equaliser because we were abject up to that point.

Yeah. Sorry, I have totally missed the joke!!! To sharp for me!

But I'm meaning that the crowd being on the team's back, showing some signs of disapproval, got the team going forward?

Anyway, no matter....They played their part big time! Sounded great for most of it!

Be very happy to be proved wrong on that, my thoughts are based just on the TV feed and my lad's increasing depression :huh:.

For the last hour it was obviously a great atmosphere and a great game to have been at!

It was a funny old game, the first half hour was toxic and was as bad as any game Ive ever been to. When McCarthy was telling the Street End to calm down while he was in the process of gifting them the first goal I thought it was going to get really ugly. I hate to think what would have happened if they had scored from Alcaraz's suicide backpass! But they did turn it around and it ended up a really good atmosphere

I think both Everton's turned up tonight , the first half hour was the clueless, gutless, mind numbingly boring Everton but then suddenly last seasons Everton pitched up

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

Yeah. Sorry, I have totally missed the joke!!! To sharp for me!

But I'm meaning that the crowd being on the team's back, showing some signs of disapproval, got the team going forward?

Anyway, no matter....They played their part big time! Sounded great for most of it!

I said "miss the joke" as opposed to "missed the joke".

World of difference. I made no joke tonight (when I do it's mostly at my own expense as I said).

Anyway, no matter :).

I said "miss the joke" as opposed to "missed the joke".

World of difference. I made no joke tonight (when I do it's mostly at my own expense as I said).

Anyway, no matter :).

Y'know...I should have gone to bed hours ago. Called it a day. Knackered. The link between my eyes and brain is lame at the best of times.

You're being pedantic again. And taking the piss. That's it...I'm done! Tied in knots. Haha!

:D

As soon as Barry played that through ball for Lukaku to run onto the crowd reacted and that seemed to give the players confidence, we then had a couple of chances after that before we did eventually score. So the crowd were right behind he team before the goal

This. We started urging them on once we could see they were actually putting some effort in and having a go, then they scored and it built from there. As you say in a later post; things were toxic while they were passing it around, going nowhere, and then misplacing simple passes.