IGNORED

Aston Villa (Away)

markjazzbassist

Double disappointment. 3 more points dropped against a total bag of shite and if we had done the decent thing and won they would be in bottom 3. I need Villa to be relegated and stay there. Tin pot club. Hillbilly fans.

Double disappointment. 3 more points dropped against a total bag of shite and if we had done the decent thing and won they would be in bottom 3. I need Villa to be relegated and stay there. Tin pot club. Hillbilly fans.

Villa are not a tim pot club in any way shape or frm. They're one of the oldest most traditional clubs in England. Everton Vs Villa is the most played English game they have a great old stadium and have won the European Cup.

I get you don't like them and understand that everyone has teams they dislike (mines Newcastle) but you're WAY off the mark calling them a tin pot club.

Fine football club in every sense of the tradition.

i think RM has forgotten we get 3 subs, he's only used 2 or less in like 90% of the matches this season. if the bench is that weak, sign people!!

The first half barry was out of shape and nowhere, the man needs to be put on the bench, put barkley there if you insist on playing naisy, or put besic there. i'm tired of seeing one game wonder barry show up and justify a perm spot. hes past it.

i really think we need a new formation. this one is old and getting worn through. try something new with these matches. 352, 343, 442, 433 do something. play new people, change is good.

Beat Utd lose to Villa.

I'm Osman's biggest critic and moaned when he started over Mirallas against Utd.

I also moan when changing an unbeaten team esp with a week rest and no injury concerns.

I didn't like Naismith in for Barkley but was happy the Osman change.

Totally lost where I was going so going to put down the IPad and carry on with my beers.

Roll on August.

Beat Utd lose to Villa.

I'm Osman's biggest critic and moaned when he started over Mirallas against Utd.

I also moan when changing an unbeaten team esp with a week rest and no injury concerns.

I didn't like Naismith in for Barkley but was happy the Osman change.

Totally lost where I was going so going to put down the IPad and carry on with my beers.

Roll on August.

The Osman change made sense because he looked out on his feet by the time he was subbed last week and he is getting on. But Mirallas just never got into the swing of things today.

I cannot for the life of me understand why Naismith came in for Barkley though. The lad does plenty right last week and then finds himself sat on the bench? Weird! And Naismith was just awful today which compounded things. I love Naismith so I don't say that lightly.

I cannot for the life of me understand why Naismith came in for Barkley though. The lad does plenty right last week and then finds himself sat on the bench? Weird! And Naismith was just awful today which compounded things. I love Naismith so I don't say that lightly.

Might be in the shop window ready for a summer clear out.

Easy to forget that, without that win, Villa would have been in the bottom three. They had everything to play for, whereas we're mid-table no matter what. That's not an excuse, because this was a game we should expect to win, but only the top and bottom teams play with passion at this point in the season. BTW, on current form, I'd hate to be a Newcastle fan.

Guest rusty747

Biggest game in Newcastle's season is the upcoming Sunderland v Leicester game. If Sunderland win, I think Leicester will still get enough points to stay up and it may well be Newcastle that finish third bottom.

Back to matters Everton. This result was particularly hard to take as we would have been ninth, challenging for eighth had we won. Instead our league position smacks of mid table mediocrity - which on current form is about right.

Edited by rusty747

The Osman change made sense because he looked out on his feet by the time he was subbed last week and he is getting on. But Mirallas just never got into the swing of things today.

That's where I was trying to get to.

Osman looks dead on his feet after 20 mins every game his starts these days. So happy with that change but cannot understand how he is rated to start against Utd.

Like yourself I think Barkley definitely didn't deserved to be dropped, so I think the lad must be confused into what sort of performance he has to put in to keep his place. ( maybe change his last name to Barry)

Not upset with the loss today, a little pissed off but already looking to next season without the Thursday night distractions.

We'll spank them. Trust me, I said the same before the United game. Forget the superstitions (puts rabbit's foot into box thirteen under a ladder with a picture of a black cat on it and bows to an mental picture of a magpie).

unlucky son!