IGNORED

Aston Villa (Away)

markjazzbassist

Interesting match here. Villa lost to Man City but had beaten liverpool and spurs before that. We are 3 points behind Stoke and 6 behind Swansea, who play each other this saturday. But a Stoke loss and a Everton victory would have us above them on Goal Difference. We are in a nice bit of form and I would love to see us pull out another victory.

Howard

Coleman Stones Jags Baines

McCarthy Barry

Lennon Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku

Subs - Osman, Naismith

Interesting match here. Villa lost to Man City but had beaten liverpool and spurs before that. We are 3 points behind Stoke and 6 behind Swansea, who play each other this saturday. But a Stoke loss and a Everton victory would have us above them on Goal Difference. We are in a nice bit of form and I would love to see us pull out another victory.

Howard

Coleman Stones Jags Baines

McCarthy Barry

Lennon Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku

Subs - Osman, Naismith

I'd rather Stoke won which would put (assuming we win) both of them within three points of us; that'd give us a chance of eighth, specially as we have a better GD than the pair of them. Swansea win would put them six ahead of us with three to play and probably out of reach. Draw would be OK.

But first of all we have to win. Villa not yet safe from the drop but with an eye on the cup final maybe? Hopefully. We're slight favourites and the form team..

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/form-guide.html

Won't be easy but I'll go for a 0-2.

I predicted we'd get 15 points from our last 10 games (when we were still worried about the relegation battle), but we managed 16 points in our last six. Nice job, Blues.

With the current form, we probably could win the remainder. Villa, Sunderland, West Ham I see us with good results for sure. Spurs might be tough, simply because Lennon won't suit up.

Unfortunately, one of my best friends has been a Sunderland supporter for years. They have a pretty touch schedule at the end. They're probably going to drop, along with Burnley and QPR.

I'd rather Stoke won which would put (assuming we win) both of them within three points of us; that'd give us a chance of eighth, specially as we have a better GD than the pair of them. Swansea win would put them six ahead of us with three to play and probably out of reach. Draw would be OK.

But first of all we have to win. Villa not yet safe from the drop but with an eye on the cup final maybe? Hopefully. We're slight favourites and the form team..

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/form-guide.html

Won't be easy but I'll go for a 0-2.

mike i was looking at their schedules and doing the math as well. draw would be decent as well if we won, wouldn't move up at all but could later due to our easier schedule (sunderland, west ham).

Disagree on this. A draw is preferable, but, if it must be a victory, go for Swansea. Their remaining games are much tougher than Stoke's.

See what you mean but picking six points on them in three games would still be a big ask. They're likely to beat Palace I think (on the beach now) so even if they lost the other two we'd need to take twelve points from here on in. I just don't see that happening.

(love to see that last bit vaulted)

This should be a good game. Villa are playing some good football at the moment and their midfield has gelled really really well. Another big test for Stones and Jags coming up against Benteke and im really going to enjoy the midfield battle between Barry/McCarthy/Barkley and Cleverly/Delph/Grealish (Who looked a real player against city). I Think we could do them some real harm out wide and with Mirrallas in goal scoring form i would start him over ossie.

Guest rusty747

Not saying that other results wont be interesting but lets just concentrate on our own outcome. Another 12 points and we will be top of the current form league going into next season.

The result will be whatever it is regardless of whatever anyone on here or anyone else says.

Sorry to be a kill joy but all this superstitious mumbo jumbo is not real.

Nothing anyone says anywhere (bar the managers and coaching staff on how to prepare the team) will change the result.

The result will be whatever it is regardless of whatever anyone on here or anyone else says.

Nothing anyone says anywhere (bar the managers and coaching staff on how to prepare the team) will change the result.

Thank fuck for that, lucky pants are in desperate need of a wash after six games :unsure:.

haha let the boys have some fun :shaking fist:

Oi! Everyone knows our upturn in fortunes stems only from my saying "we're going to get spanked..." in the last 6 match threads :shaking fist:

Edited by Matt