IGNORED

Cricket Thread

England were poor in the field today, improved slightly in the last session. I think we will be150/200 behind when we bat again. They were talking about the pitch deteriorating and taking spin for the Pakistan second innings but the problem is we don't have a spinner who can take advantage. Ali is still a batsman who bowls.

Great comeback. This is a fantastic series if you're into cricket. Back and forth. Two excellent sides toe to toe. Credit to Pakistan they've came and proper had it with us from the off.

That pitch has draw written all over it.

Cue a major collapse by one of the batting efforts now :lol:.

That pitch has draw written all over it.

Cue a major collapse by one of the batting efforts now :lol:.

Yer think you're spot on. Think England will try and smash a wuck hundred 20/20 style in the morning then have a bowl at them see what happens. I doubt there will be a collapse by Pakistan on that track though it's doing nothing.

Yer think you're spot on. Think England will try and smash a wuck hundred 20/20 style in the morning then have a bowl at them see what happens. I doubt there will be a collapse by Pakistan on that track though it's doing nothing.

We should declare overnight and dangle a carrot imo, then they'll be trying to play shots rather that hold on. Best chance for a win, though the draw is pretty much a done deal.

We should declare overnight and dangle a carrot imo, then they'll be trying to play shots rather that hold on. Best chance for a win, though the draw is pretty much a done deal.

They could easily knock 300 runs off in a full day though on that pitch. Risky strategy but would make for a brilliant last day.

Blitzed them in that session. It came out of nowhere. Hope we don't fall just 1 or 2 wickets short, that'd be horrible :(.

Ten and eleven are completely hopeless according to Graeme Swann...

("rabbits and ferrets, awful batsmen.")

....so if we can just get one of these two pretty quickly we should be OK.

On the few occasions Cook has won the toss he has made some poor decisions. (Once put NZ in to bat and they made about 500+)

Deciding to bat in the current test when the first day was a bowlers paradise is up there with some of his worst decisions. The weather forecast was for better weather and now the England bowlers are toiling in a batters paradise. I reckon we would have bowled Pakistan out for under 200 if he'd put them in on the first day. Today, he's also persevering with Ali who is being hit to all corners and is conceding 5 an over.

On the few occasions Cook has won the toss he has made some poor decisions. (Once put NZ in to bat and they made about 500+)

Deciding to bat in the current test when the first day was a bowlers paradise is up there with some of his worst decisions. The weather forecast was for better weather and now the England bowlers are toiling in a batters paradise. I reckon we would have bowled Pakistan out for under 200 if he'd put them in on the first day. Today, he's also persevering with Ali who is being hit to all corners and is conceding 5 an over.

Tbf to Cook England fielded woefully today, nothing stuck, catches were dropped-both centurianzs were dropped in single figures.

It was only a 500 wicket on the second day.

It wasn't though John they're 360 for 6 and we let them off the hook time and time again. If thise catches stuck they wefe skittled for under 250 for defo.

Terrible fieldings to blame for me on this one.

Only a different opinion though mate ?

• 3 weeks later...