IGNORED

Alex Song

Be a good 3rd signing. Can play Denfensive Midfield, Box to Box, Centre Back and I think he may have played as a full back when needed.

Played in all those positions I think for Arsenal when required. Think your right though, should be played in the Barry position.

Very good cover for many areas we have no cover for (Centre Back and Right Back) and can replace Barry if he's tired due to his age.

Edited by markiediow

I don't think he's better than Barkley, and from what I saw at West Ham I wouldn't have him over Barry either.

Forget him as a centre half, if we want someone to cover that position but a centre half! Not a midfielder three years past his best.

sorry missed Barkley out

I'm in agreement with those saying there's no point bringing him in as a utility/squad player. He'll be on much too high a wage for that sort of role.

I actually thought he did alright from what I saw of him at West Ham though. He'd probably be the most creative CM in our squad along with Gibson if he signed. There's just no real reason to go after when we're much more desperate for CB cover and a No. 10/wide playmaker type player.

• 2 weeks later...