IGNORED

Norwich City (Away)

markjazzbassist

Should be 3 points. If we want to be a top side it's gotta be 3 points. Would like to see this

Howard

Coleman stones Mori Baines

Barry

Gerry Barkley Cleverley

Kone Lukaku

Let's stop acting like Kone is a winger and just play him as a striker. McCarthy will still be injured so just play one center mid. All out attack and see how they cope.

I'd prefer

Howard

Coleman Stones Mori Baines

Cleverley Barry

Geri Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku

Kone looked knackered after the first half, think he needs another rest.

I would prefer that every week with Kone super sub at 60 for whoever is tired of Gerry mirallas Lukaku. But I can also see the value in him and romelu playing together.

Haven't you always said we shouldn't play two wingers with two attacking full-backs or is that someone else?

It's me :)

Reason being, Coleman is already being "held back" with Geri being the attacking outlet, and Baines needs to get up to speed so he won't be his usual effective self immediately. As soon as he is, I'd stick TC in front of him to link up and track back. Also, that much pace against Norwich should be more than enough

I'd prefer

Howard

Cleverley Barry

Geri Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku

Nice line up, your right about Kone he needs a rest.

Games are going to start coming thick and fast the players will need looking after.

Guest rusty747

I'd prefer

Howard

Cleverley Barry

Geri Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku

Can't argue with that team. if we have Kone, Gibson and Lennon on the bench it also gives options to keep the same system and just change personnel, or to change to a 4-1-4-1.

Can't see RM going for it though.

Is there any point of anyone putting Mirallas is their starting 11. The lad can't even get on when our players are crawling around the pitch let alone start a game. I have given up including him as its goodbye in Jan...... Dam shame.

This has another draw all over it as Roberto will stick to the same side as last game.

Will bring Baines on when one nil down as our Roberto is a tactical genius when it comes to subs.

I can no better understand Roberto's stubborn unwillingness to sub Mirallas or Lennon for Kone last Monday eve than can anyone else here. And admittedly that stubbornness -- not quite lunacy, but moving in that direction -- will cast doubt on my opinion here that Mirallas will start tomorrow.

Although Kone and all the starters from Monday will have had sufficient recovery time, Kone's glaring ineffectiveness in the second half, topped off by his fluff attempt at the end, give Roberto a reason/excuse to pause the "Lukaku/Kone work so well together" storyline.

Further, I'm wondering whether what I see as likely -- Baines starting -- works to Mirallas's advantage, in that it gives Everton a real left side. Is that illogical, in that Roberto doesn't "believe" in attacking down both sides in any single match??? (Help.)

Ok, then maybe Roberto plans a left-sided emphasis tomorrow, starting Mirallas and Baines, and reducing the right-sided focus by starting Lennon for Deulofeu, who, if he plays 80-90 minutes every match, will be exhausted by April.

I will conclude my own hallucinatory lunacy by hoping Gibson starts with Barry or Cleverley. (I don't expect McGeady to start, in case you're wondering.)

My lunatic preference for tomorrow, a lineup that should beat Norwich City.

Howard

Coleman, Stones, Funes Mori, Baines

Gibson Cleverley

Lennon, Naismith, Mirallas

Lukaku

I think Barry has been outstanding lately and deffo wouldn't drop him. Mirrallas has got to start or I'd change it a little and play Gerry in behind with Lennon on the right with Ross coming in from the left. Anything less than a win is shite. They are poor up front especially but we have to concentrate from set pieces. I've just put on 0-3 Coleman first goal

If the overriding memory is the last 30 minutes then yeah. When he's fresh he's very very good. Look at the work he puts in. Very impressive

Don't agree with you I think he has been poor last 2 games. Kone isn't a natural wide man so gets caught out far too often defensively.He will mess with Baines game today.

Edited by milesey05

Don't agree with you I think he has been poor last 2 games. Kone isn't a natural wide man so gets caught out far too often defensively.He will mess with Baines game today.

You're both right and wrong here. Kone has been really good until the last 30 minutes of the last two games. He's actually a better defender than Mirallas and some of our other wide men. Watch back through and see how good he is at waiting for the right moment to steal the ball off an opponent. Him getting caught out defensively has been him physically unable to track back at the end of games. No, he isn't a natural wide player. Yes, he did fuck with Baines' game last week. Is it a dead certainty that this went unnoticed at the training ground this week and that nothing has been done to ameliorate this and bring Baines back into our attacking play? We can't say for sure until we watch the game. Kone is capable of linking nicely with Baines. He just needs to stick to the left side of the pitch. Or we need to push Cleverley out there in attack.

Stones seems to have injured his right foot during warmups.

"There could be problem at Carrow Road for Everton's John Stones, according to BBC Radio 5 live's Conor McNamara. Apparently, the defender is having treatment right now, which will decide if he can start the game. I've just seen the fall now, and he pretty much crumpled after practicing a clearing header."

tweet-675654085740257280-2.jpg